Do people really think Dawson called a bad game?

**** yeah man. He’s an amazing QB who has accomplished a lot here and taken the program to new heights.

Beat it loser.
LOL. I bet any amount of money you were one of the losers that wanted Jake Garcia.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If you think TVD is "one of the worst QBs we've ever had" and shouldn't currently be the starter then you are a moron.
It’s a message board where most posts are dripping in hyperbole.

I’m sorry you’re a ******* autist who can’t comprehend that. I know living with Aspergers is hard. Especially hard when you take every post on a message board 100% seriously.

I bet this ******* idiot @ssvir also thought I actually wanted us to run the triple option. Jesus Christ.

It’s a message board where most posts are dripping in hyperbole.

I’m sorry you’re a ******* autist who can’t comprehend that. I know living with Aspergers is hard. Especially hard when you take every post on a message board 100% seriously.
Ahh. So you're just a dip**** ******* on a message board and not in real life. Got it.

Advertisement
Dawson choked hard last night. Sure TVD was really bad but Dawson F'ed this up too. Solid F+ from him:

- No tempo when it was obvious we needed it after first 2 drives
- No RB screens (THROW ONE TO CJ PLZ)
- ZERO creativity (motion, trick plays, etc.). Nothing, nada. No one schemed open at all. ****, I'll take a halfback pass in the snow (JK) but you get the point.
- Running game totally bland, straight up the middle over and over. Can i get a toss? A reverse?
- No use of any playmaker in space (CJ, Ray, Smith, anyone).
- Basically only played starters the whole time but aside from X who deserved all those snaps? George was super meh, Colbie had 1 play (admittedly a big one). Gotta bring someone else in for a spark. went to CJ once, that's it.
- Sending Cam out as a WR over and over. Really? Put in Riley or just bring in a 4th WR. So stupid.
- Clearly befuddled by new GT DC like he was Bill Belicik himself. How does Dawson not know how to adjust to Cover 2 (or whatever GT kept running)? I mean seriously? How does every coach not have 3-5 "money" plays ready to go anytime based on the Defense they see?
- JW Int to 15. Run with Parrish for 3, Run with Parrish for loss, Pass with crappy routes (TVD gets sacked on GT blitz). Needed a TD, no FG. This would have changed everything (Kam doesnt bite on last play cuz FG wouldn't matter). Parrish was garbage this game get him the F out. And how do you not have a better set of redzone plays?
- And lastly, calls run play instead of kneeling. Yes Mario 100% deserves ultimate blame here but pretty sure Dawson calls the play...? And if anyone could overrule Mario (if he called the run plays which i doubt), it would be the OC. Dawson deserves massive blame here as well

It was vanilla but there were dudes open all night.
Yes there were. We were lacking urgency and a hunger to score from the start. It was like they were ok with only scoring 2 touchdowns the entire night.

It reminded me a lot of 2018. Defense plays extremely well but the offense does not leave any margin for error at all.

In modern football, you can’t only score 20 points and expect to win the game. It simply is nowhere near enough to sit back and try to play keep away.

Advertisement
Agreed.
But I also thought the RBs did not exploit some of the blocking they were getting from their OL.
This all day! I haven't been on the Chris Johnson train because he's a freshman & I'm not expecting too much from him this year. But seeing Chaney & even Parrish a couple of times get 4 or 5 when they should've gotten 10 was frustrating.

When Brashard took it out the backfield but couldn't break that tackle everybody groaned cause they knew that **** was going for a big one.

But it was the same type of run (especially on 1st down) all game long. No misdirection, no end arounds....and very little Chris Johnson. CJ should be on the field alot more, with his insane speed.

Especially agree with your Chris Johnson point.
Listen, it was a bad game.
I don't know if it was me, but I had bad vibe about this game from the outset.
Between some of the play calls and horrid officiating which in this era of shortened games,
it magnifies the problem when you are not playing well, I thought we were lucky not to
be down.

Where were the counters, screens, play action, tightends, reverse...?

No misdirection all game. Just running up the middle for nothing.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back