Do people really think Dawson called a bad game?

FB_IMG_1696778240656.jpeg

Semper Canes!!!

Advertisement
Now I’ll definitely blame him for not kneeling. And they for sure didn’t look as crisp as before, but we **** near had 500 yards still and multiple drives in the red zone that we came of up with nothiig

If it wasn’t for the bull**** hold and TVD shrinking up, that’s a multi score game and the last drive doesn’t even matter.
He called a Gattis game! Run, no tempo, run, throw it down field! It was below average.

I’m not nuanced enough to know if it was good or bad. It just felt off. The tempo wasn’t the same. Felt like much more check with me early on (cofirmation bias maybe). Felt like the same run play every time. Results and feel was like flashback to Gattis.

Advertisement
He bragged about the A&M ending and then did the opposite of that last night. He played for a FG after the JW interception.
He did but QB play had something to do with that. My problem wasn't that he went run run. It was that he didn't just lineup & let our guys beat their guys. That rpo **** with less blockers in a confined space was counter productive.

TVD forced his hand. He adjusted his play calling to his qb. After that pick, I personally wasn't comfortable with putting the game in Van Dyke's hands.

He did but QB play had something to do with that. My problem wasn't that he went run run. It was that he didn't just lineup & let our guys beat their guys. That rpo **** with less blockers in a confined space was counter productive.

TVD forced his hand. He adjusted his play calling to his qb. After that pick, I personally wasn't comfortable with putting the game in Van Dyke's hands.
So bench him. If you don’t trust your starting QB in the red zone, he shouldn’t be your QB.

Advertisement
He played into the DC’s hands and him and the qb were too impatient at times
I think that’s somewhat true. GT was playing 2 deep most of the game daring us to take shots. I would have liked to see some RB screens or draw plays mixed in. There were a lot of plays where TVD just said eff it and chucked it when the check downs for 5-6 yards were there to be had.

Moving to 12/13 personnel when the run game isn’t working makes my blood boil. It’s been a minute since I’ve watched the Houston film but I don’t remember them doing that at all. Gattis would do the same ****, so starting to think Mario is indeed meddling.

I don’t expect endless perfection, we were out gaining them 3 to 1 and had some plays negated by either Terry Porter or Tyler Testaverde.

When that happens, these guys will revert to what they’re comfortable doing. It’s survival mode.

I don’t think tightening the formation and turning a 4 to 6 man box into a 9 man front is the version of football anyone else in the world plays, but whatever, it almost worked.

Advertisement
Advertisement
So bench him. If you don’t trust your starting QB in the red zone, he shouldn’t be your QB.

That's fan speak. And in my heart I agree. But we learned from last year, that would only do more harm than good. TVD is our best option currently on roster to win the most games we can this year. His psyche couldn't handle being benched & then turned to again the next game to start.

The coaches are "stuck" with him & have to handle him in a way that works best for him. He needs to be coddled, to put it bluntly. If they bench him then they need to move on from him permanently because he'll be damaged goods at that point.

They believe in him to an extent & they need to manage him accordingly. If he's playing with confidence, you let him loose. If he's ****ting his pants, you wipe his ***.

Total yardage can often be a fake-stat and was against GT. In the first quarter when we had a chance to get up on them and keep their confidence low, his playcalling just gave them more confidence. They were taking away intermediate and deep throws outside the hashes, but he called no drags, quick slants, digs or posts.

He always talks about taking what the defense gives him, but he didn't -- he actually tried to attack what they weren't giving him. He adjusted a bit as the game wore on, but it was too late. GT was allowed to feel they were in it and it we ended up in a death struggle with an inferior opponent that should've been put away early.

TVD is one of the worst QBs we’ve ever had. Because he is so talented but he shrinks in the brightest lights. Should have trotted out JB and just run the option.
This is false. This was a game vs a 2-3 gt team so it’s no where near a bright lights game. We have seen him play better in bigger games vs better teams

Advertisement
Back