Do not try to tell me that Miami is a rebuild...

Advertisement
You can’t fix this entitlement and culture in just a year or two. This will be a rebuilding process.

Advertisement
Advertisement
whatever coach comes in should keep the same fast past offense it's what fits the team, will mario do that?? is oregon offense that way?? I dk

You can fix entitlement in one day.
Jonah Hill Ok GIF

THIS year should have been a 9-10 + bowl team.

A 2nd year TVD, Williams' (3), Kitchens, Arroyo, Rooster and more? These guys are all going to make a major jump this year IMO. As are ther next tier of guys who are chomping at the bit. If you can't tell, I really liked last years class. And in this day and age talent doesn't sit.

This is all predicated on us not losing key guys to the portal of course.
I agree this season that should’ve happened. But a lot of experience, for better or for worse, is leaving both lines. I’m not thrilled about this teams DE talent. Maybe better coaching unlocks some potential but I’m skeptical. LBs are hot garbage. S we will be good but CB is a different story. The defense really worries me. Offensively they can be really good but all this is predicated on TVD taking the next step. If he has a sophomore slump flush the season down the drain. You can hit the portal hard but that’s always a wild card. Personally I think Mario tears this down to the studs. No sense in wasting schollys on one year guys to chase 10 wins. Supplement the roster with a few portal kids in key spots but I don’t see him signing classes of 15 HS kids.

Advertisement
A word of advice, (especially for Mario gang)... Buy yourselves some leeway fellas.

Don’t create a Mountain so high that no one can climb it & then get mad when it remains unclimbed.

If yall have these lofty expectations for Mario & he comes here & we don’t win 10 games & the Coastal in year 1 all you’re going to do is force yourselves to become excuse makers & then it’ll be deja vu all over again.

Your best bet is to set the bar low & allow it to be a surprise, rather than set it so high from the start that you set yourselves up for disappointment.
We could challenge for the coarstal , maybe the Acc ( if Clemson still
sucks) but he needs a 2-3 years to make this a legit roster. There’s holes all over it especially at the important positions. Manny needs fired two more times for the mess on defense.

Advertisement
No. This LB corp is not ready to win. LB is a gapping hole, not sure you can plug and play 3 quality LB's from the portal.
This here is my biggest indictment on Manny. 6 years in this program as a DC and then HC/DC and has not been able to bring in 1 top LB in the country. You look at the big time coaches and at bare minimum their position group is elite. Saban with the DBs, Mario with the OL, Lincoln Riley with QBs etc. Manny has not been able to do that plus all the other shortcomings.

Who has asked for a playoff appearance in year 1? Has anyone? I said we have a real good shot at 10 wins. Out of a 13-14 game schedule. I would have said 11 but we have @TAMU and @Clemson on the sked. I don't think 10 wins is setting the bar that high with a 13-14 game sked. ****, if Manny had won 9 games THIS year half the board would be saying we underachieved. Tell me I am wrong. And if you do, go back and look at this board pre-season.
I’m not saying it’s a rebuild either.
But I’m done with the player projections we have been doing for years as well as the constant development talk for players that didn’t pan out.
I thought Garvin was gonna be a first rounder and he was coached by Kool and Simpson.
We won’t know what we have till they play.
We won’t know if the players we have will fit whatever system the new coach runs.

You think stoops is gonna run an air raid spread ?
He will come in here and see thad brown and Don and be more than happy to start pounding the rock day 1.

What if the dc wants to run a 3-4 defense.
I’m not saying we can’t win 10 games.
But let’s not lose our minds if it doesn’t happen.

Advertisement
Back