Do Not Adjust Your Monitors …..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I threw up in my mouth slightly reading Mr. Wilson's excuses. I'm a father of 2 and a grandfather of 3. If Q was my son he would have been told once maybe twice to stop with the bashing and issue a public apology. If he was upset about his recruitment my advise would have been to request a meeting with Coach Golden or Coach Carroll and ask the questions he needed to ask while I sat quietly next to him for support or if your worried about the appearance of manipulating the situation then have his head coach take your place. If there was a third time I would have knocked him on his ***! If I was hurricane teammate of yours I would go straight to last step with your ***. Never go against the family. If there is a problem you go to the source. I too was an asst. coach at a high profile high school in Pa. I say that to only show I am familiar with the process. Taught my son that you don't say anything about someone you wouldn't say if they were standing there in front of you. Your decisions as a father are your own but your decisions as a role model and a coach of kids that might not have a father are unforgivable. You really should find another outlet for your free time so this disease you carry does not continue to pussify the young men you come in contact with. Quite obvious that we are better off as a football team without you. University of Florida is probably in a better position to burn a scholly to get/keep inroad to a school for future recruits. We are in a position to make sure all our scholly's count. Staff has definitely made some ridiculous choices and decisions but avoiding all your drama was not one. Could go on and on but....I'm out

Same with me. If my kid trying pulling crap like that I'd make my views on it very clear to him. Instead, Chad seemed to get into a competition with Quincy to see which one could act more childish and whiny.

Advertisement
You guys have absolutely no idea what a recruit goes through. Absolutely NONE! The stuff coming from fans, reporters, etc. is not something you could begin to wrap your mind around.

Let's separate this post.

The stuff coming from fans

First, stay off social media.

Second, don't be a **** on social media.

Third, if you want to be on social media KEEP YOUR ACCOUNT PRIVATE.

Reporters

Ignore them.

How about this recruit? What do you think is going through his mind?

224.jpg

http://instagram.com/p/kCmoX4FfvM/#

What is going through his mind?

How about the title of your post, DO NOT ADJUST YOUR MONITORS

Real subtle.

Note: This is the guy trashing the program . . .

Among the 49 current and former UM athletes going through graduation ceremonies last week was Chad Wilson.

Nothing odd about that except that Wilson received his bachelor’s degree in business management a few days shy of turning 39.Chad Wilson during his playing days at UM. “Nothing like being dressed up in your cap and gown with gray hair sitting next to some 22-year-old,” said Wilson, a cornerback from 1992-94 under the Dennis Erickson-coached Hurricanes.

Before returning to school last year, Wilson last attended a class at UM in 1995. Since then, Wilson had started a family, opened a small business and gotten into coaching. “I already had a very busy schedule,” Wilson said. “I have three kids, I’m a dad and I’m a husband, I have a business and I’m also a football coach. It was very difficult for me to juggle those things. Adding school to it was extra difficult. It was a tremendous sacrifice.”

But Wilson thought it was well worth it because of the children – step-daughter Damianis Eusebio, 17, and sons Quincy, 14, and Marco, 12 – he shares with his wife, Carmen. “I’m stressing education to them,” Wilson said. “I wanted to be able to say to them, ‘Hey look, I have my degree. Now you guys get to where I am and go beyond.’” Wilson thought of returning to school to complete his degree – he was 18 credits short –five years ago.

But he thought better of it after learning that each credit at UM would cost him $1,100. “I was already getting by without the degree so laying out $20,000 wasn’t the best idea,” Wilson said.

But a former Hurricanes’ teammate, Gerard Daphnis, told Wilson about a UM program in which the school’s athletic department picks up tuition if a former athlete is close to obtaining a degree.

Advertisement
On the bright side, at least CW can deny that this was really him. It's not like anyone is going to believe anything Rich Homie Pete has to say, anyway.

Sandbar or Moe's?

Also, to reiterate, why the social media stuff? All former players, like yourself, talk about is that this is a family. Families don't air dirty laundry, especially when they know they can be influencing kids negatively. Talk about other schools positively, cool. Just don't talk about us at all. That's our problem with you.

I'm wondering how many of you would be talking to Warren Sapp this way? He bashed the current staff in a very public way and got a hero's welcome for the most part.

He didn't from me. I thought he was a prick for that.

Advertisement
Note: This is the guy trashing the program . . .

Among the 49 current and former UM athletes going through graduation ceremonies last week was Chad Wilson.

Nothing odd about that except that Wilson received his bachelor’s degree in business management a few days shy of turning 39.Chad Wilson during his playing days at UM. “Nothing like being dressed up in your cap and gown with gray hair sitting next to some 22-year-old,” said Wilson, a cornerback from 1992-94 under the Dennis Erickson-coached Hurricanes.

Before returning to school last year, Wilson last attended a class at UM in 1995. Since then, Wilson had started a family, opened a small business and gotten into coaching. “I already had a very busy schedule,” Wilson said. “I have three kids, I’m a dad and I’m a husband, I have a business and I’m also a football coach. It was very difficult for me to juggle those things. Adding school to it was extra difficult. It was a tremendous sacrifice.”

But Wilson thought it was well worth it because of the children – step-daughter Damianis Eusebio, 17, and sons Quincy, 14, and Marco, 12 – he shares with his wife, Carmen. “I’m stressing education to them,” Wilson said. “I wanted to be able to say to them, ‘Hey look, I have my degree. Now you guys get to where I am and go beyond.’” Wilson thought of returning to school to complete his degree – he was 18 credits short –five years ago.

But he thought better of it after learning that each credit at UM would cost him $1,100. “I was already getting by without the degree so laying out $20,000 wasn’t the best idea,” Wilson said.

But a former Hurricanes’ teammate, Gerard Daphnis, told Wilson about a UM program in which the school’s athletic department picks up tuition if a former athlete is close to obtaining a degree.

So?

QW's knocks were backpedal quickness and closing speed.

Dorito calls for his CB's to backpedal 20 yards pre-snap and then close fast on underneath routes. The cornerstone of bend don't break.

It's obvious why they didn't offer.

Advertisement
If not mistaken, Coach Chad and Barrow overlapped at Miami - '92 season. So find his lack of communication hard to believe.

Al Golden was on thin ice from the very beginning with a number of local corches in Miami, simply b/c he was the white northern guy who replaced the black coach. Guys like Luke and Chad Wilson and MiamiNights have been raw about that for years. They feel Randy was treated like dirt, and they felt that he should have been replaced with an elite big name coach. They saw Golden as no more experienced than Randy, but was welcomed as a savior, and felt it was racist. These clowns simply waited for the first **** up from AG and they were going to trash him. Ironically all they have accomplished is making schools afraid to hire a black coach for fear of backlash if that coach proves to be functionally retarded. Well done corches!

Btw, any grown man who tweets socially should be shot in a public square. Media, business owner? Cool. Social tweeting over the age of 30 is an embarrassment

Advertisement
yup there is a reason ray lewis was able to improve his image, he was smart enough to realize there is more benefit from positivity and guess what it worked, who has a job with ESPN (they probably pay him decent u think? they allow him to have saturdays off so he can see his son play) And they probably let him use their private plane. Or Ray could probably use his own plane after he travels the country speak about positive aspects of life and gets paid an appearance fee. Hmm I wonder how much his appearance fee is? Listen Ray Lewis is no angel neither am I, but **** I seems like he leads a decent life ha

I think if Pete's (or CIS) intention was to clear up the air with Chad Wilson it back fired. It brought more fan sympathy to AG and what he is going through recruiting in SF.
And this is an alumnus' son we evaluated and didn't recruit, which makes it all the worse.

We can all imagine, and have even seen *coughGenroncough* reactions from the street agents/handlers/advisors/mentors when they don't get coddled by the staff.

That's one thing that Pete and I will disagree on for a LONG time...the S. Florida kids who have these guys steering their recruitments aren't mature enough to do things themselves, so they get manipulated by these 3rd Parties. I think Golden's best sell would be to tell these kids directly that they want what's best for them, and part of that is shaking off some of these so-called mentors who are looking to get a leg up off of their talent.

Golden needs to focus on the kids and the families. If he has to coddle/recruit a 3rd Party in addition to them in order to land a commitment, then that **** ain't worth it...I don't care who the ballplayer is.

That's why he's been smart to work NJ. For the most part, he's gotten high-end talent without the third-party drama.

Exactly. Guys like AQM and Hester belong in any Miami class.

Hopefully Minkah Fitzpatrick is next in 2015.

the Wilson's took their grievances public knowing UM couldn't and wouldn't respond. perhaps UM would have recruited quincy in the fall or tried to establish some dialogue. you and your kid ended that by immediately bashing UM in the summer.
and I agree, UM should have been and should be more communicative w/ alumni and their football playing sons. it's just good will.

AUCane

I am not sure why he wasn't offered by Al Golden and that was never my problem. Problem was never ever met with Golden. EVER! When you have a child, you want the best for them. My wife and I's best was a free education to any school. That's what you wish for when they are sitting in the back seat drinking a Capri Sun without a care in the World.

He worked hard and found himself in a position where he had offers from multiple schools. I was long satisfied as a parent. I know all too well, professional football is a slim chance. An education lasts a lifetime.

So the alumni in me had a problem that with me attending multiple camps, bringing prospects to camps, talking up the Golden regime and otherwise supporting our new head coach, he nor his staff members saw it fit to have a conversation with me about a top prospect who also happened to be my son. This on the heels of passing on Skai Moore, Jordan Cunningham and MacGarrett Kings.

Jimbo Fisher did not offer Quincy Wilson but Jimbo Fisher met with us in his office. No one asked him to do that! He did so on his own accord. That man held up the Sears trophy this year.

POST OF THE ******* MILLENIUM

+ REP to Chad Wilson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back