Do Not Adjust Your Monitors …..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Here you go Dan. Your new avatar.

225.jpg

Man this is a more embarrassing day to be a Cane fan then getting beat down by Louisville.

Here is a chance for you to learn a lot about the process and you guys act like a woman scorned.

If you don't understand how a 17 yr old kids reacts out of frustration, its almost always immature. If you cant understand how a grown man reacts when he feels his child is being cheated out of an opportunity then you must not have kids.
Good lord!!

A real grown man would know his son was not being cheated an opportunity, for God sake! Even if dumb enough to not understand, a real grown man would have spoken to his old teammates on the staff to know the reasons... Social media bashing?!? Really?!?

Whats next? Chad will burn a McDonalds in the future because Quincy will be flipping burgers and not managing the store?!?

Kid was already trashing his future teammate and QB(Driskel) on twitter, even before signing his letter with Florida.

We really have different parameters of how to raise a kid...

This staff spits on the faces of South Fla coaches all the time. It's not really Barrow or Brown. It's Golden and Coach D. Most of the South Fla coaches don't even like coach D

They spit in Denver Kirkland's face

They pretty much d1ck slapped Skai Moore

We took 2 WR's that have since transferred over Jordan Cunningham

We have ZERO DT's yet we turn down USchool's best DT prospect EVER

**** this staff. I bet EVERY coaching staff in New Jersey loves them tho

You are quite a ******, aren't you, Ken?

AUCane

I am not sure why he wasn't offered by Al Golden and that was never my problem. Problem was never ever met with Golden. EVER! When you have a child, you want the best for them. My wife and I's best was a free education to any school. That's what you wish for when they are sitting in the back seat drinking a Capri Sun without a care in the World.

He worked hard and found himself in a position where he had offers from multiple schools. I was long satisfied as a parent. I know all too well, professional football is a slim chance. An education lasts a lifetime.

So the alumni in me had a problem that with me attending multiple camps, bringing prospects to camps, talking up the Golden regime and otherwise supporting our new head coach, he nor his staff members saw it fit to have a conversation with me about a top prospect who also happened to be my son. This on the heels of passing on Skai Moore, Jordan Cunningham and MacGarrett Kings.

Jimbo Fisher did not offer Quincy Wilson but Jimbo Fisher met with us in his office. No one asked him to do that! He did so on his own accord. That man held up the Sears trophy this year.

POST OF THE ******* MILLENIUM

+ REP to Chad Wilson

15D7CC37-B593-4D5F-B916-C02C6040B695.gif
[/URL][/IMG]

Advertisement
AUCane

I am not sure why he wasn't offered by Al Golden and that was never my problem. Problem was never ever met with Golden. EVER! When you have a child, you want the best for them. My wife and I's best was a free education to any school. That's what you wish for when they are sitting in the back seat drinking a Capri Sun without a care in the World.

He worked hard and found himself in a position where he had offers from multiple schools. I was long satisfied as a parent. I know all too well, professional football is a slim chance. An education lasts a lifetime.

So the alumni in me had a problem that with me attending multiple camps, bringing prospects to camps, talking up the Golden regime and otherwise supporting our new head coach, he nor his staff members saw it fit to have a conversation with me about a top prospect who also happened to be my son. This on the heels of passing on Skai Moore, Jordan Cunningham and MacGarrett Kings.

Jimbo Fisher did not offer Quincy Wilson but Jimbo Fisher met with us in his office. No one asked him to do that! He did so on his own accord. That man held up the Sears trophy this year.

POST OF THE ******* MILLENIUM

+ REP to Chad Wilson

[/URL][/IMG]

outstanding gif!

Chad,

It appears as though you feel Al Golden and his staff showed you and your son a lack of respect by not sitting down with you and talking this through. I can't say I disagree.

With that said, do you believe your son handled the response appropriately? Do you wish he did anything differently during the process?

Exactly. So far as Quincy's responses, I allowed him to express himself. YOu have to let teenagers do that within reason. If you bottle them up, their frustration manifests itself in other very unpredictable ways. He could have said a lot worse things. Fans didn't like it A) because some of it was the dirty truth and B) it was something negative about the team they love.

I raised a great child, who has made his entire family proud. Nothing anyone says in here will change that. Sorry.

no you don't. you could raise your kid to not be an entitled little **** that cries on the internet when he doesn't get his way. the more you coddle him, the more entitled he's going to get. he could have vented frustrations without trashing our school and calling us a garbage and joke program, but you let him get away with it so he continued to do it.

Chad,

I was reading this thread hoping to get some real insight and understanding into what transpired, until I got to this. I disagree that you let teenagers act out like that. This is precisely what's wrong with how kids are being raised these days. A bunch of entitled spoiled brats. (I'm not saying Quincy is, but I don't see what adverse effects would result from counseling him to be quiet and move on.) When I was Quincy's age, we didn't have social media, or even internet, but if my father told me stop acting out like that publicly I would have stopped and I think he would have had the better judgment.

Keep in mind that I'm a lot older than you, Chad, probably old enough to be your parent. Maybe my generation was raised differently. I'm an outlier on this board, but I have the time and I've loved UM football since before most on here were born. So I come around and post. You and I occasionally exchanged posts on Grassy when you posted there. Needless to say, what happened with Quincy (as with most other legacies) troublse me and this thread continues to trouble me (and I'm less than halfway through). I don't like to see legacy kids not get offers, but they're not all entitled and they're not all going to help the program. On the other hand, I'm troubled by what might be seen as the cold shoulder by the staff. If they were discourteous then you might have a gripe. I wish they could explain their side.

This whole recruiting business--which I've followed closely for a third of a century--is getting uglier and uglier.

By the same token, I've been constantly disgusted to see how former coaches, especially one who bled on the field for us, are trashed here constantly.

Mods,

I would like to call for Infractions to be administered to all members that referred to "whoopingcane's PM" or any variation thereof.

I do not portend to have any inside information regarding the transgressions hitherto and would pray the administration delivers such Infractions in a timely manner in accordance with local rules.

222.gif

Advertisement
I didnt even know who Chad Wilson was before today.

Dad gets "disrespected" because he is alumni and coach doesn't inquire about his son. Ok , I get it.

Dad doesn't think he should have to call coach. Dad thinks son deserves a look from the coach and is ****ed it doesn't happen. Ok, I get it.

But, why does dad let son know about the issue? I don't get that. Dad dragged his kid into it.

I threw up in my mouth slightly reading Mr. Wilson's excuses. I'm a father of 2 and a grandfather of 3. If Q was my son he would have been told once maybe twice to stop with the bashing and issue a public apology. If he was upset about his recruitment my advise would have been to request a meeting with Coach Golden or Coach Carroll and ask the questions he needed to ask while I sat quietly next to him for support or if your worried about the appearance of manipulating the situation then have his head coach take your place. If there was a third time I would have knocked him on his ***! If I was hurricane teammate of yours I would go straight to last step with your ***. Never go against the family. If there is a problem you go to the source. I too was an asst. coach at a high profile high school in Pa. I say that to only show I am familiar with the process. Taught my son that you don't say anything about someone you wouldn't say if they were standing there in front of you. Your decisions as a father are your own but your decisions as a role model and a coach of kids that might not have a father are unforgivable. You really should find another outlet for your free time so this disease you carry does not continue to pussify the young men you come in contact with. Quite obvious that we are better off as a football team without you. University of Florida is probably in a better position to burn a scholly to get/keep inroad to a school for future recruits. We are in a position to make sure all our scholly's count. Staff has definitely made some ridiculous choices and decisions but avoiding all your drama was not one. Could go on and on but....I'm out

Could not agree more. Well said.

Advertisement
This staff spits on the faces of South Fla coaches all the time. It's not really Barrow or Brown. It's Golden and Coach D. Most of the South Fla coaches don't even like coach D

Pure and total BS

I think they're both in the wrong. Golden should have talked to him merely for Alumni relations. (that is how you run a program)

And these coaches, ESPECIALLY you Chad (cause I know you're still reading) can't stronghold these coaches. You can't just bash them behind the scenes or post about it. The coaches have to be a man and call Al Golden. And get it situated.

If SFL coaches swallow their pride and Golden learns how to run a program, well ****, we may end up being relevant again.

Advertisement
Sandbar or Moe's?

Also, to reiterate, why the social media stuff? All former players, like yourself, talk about is that this is a family. Families don't air dirty laundry, especially when they know they can be influencing kids negatively. Talk about other schools positively, cool. Just don't talk about us at all. That's our problem with you.

I'm wondering how many of you would be talking to Warren Sapp this way? He bashed the current staff in a very public way and got a hero's welcome for the most part.

I actually went back at Sapp on twitter because of that BS. All these explayers should follow Michael Irvin's lead in this area. If he has a problem, he goes to the source.

You sir need to take a moment and count to 100. Either that or just stroke out now so that we do not have to read such BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back