DJ Coleman, DE/OLB, Jacksonville St.

Advertisement
Two deep of:
DE - Agude / Moultrie
DT - Mesidor / LT
DT - Lichtenstein / JHH
DE - DJ Coleman / Jahfari

DT depth worries me but I believe Mesidor was talked about as interior DL, so not necessarily an edge rusher. But probably has that versatility (similar to Lichtenstein).

That two deep would make me feel A LOT better about winning the coastal and being a dark horse team.
What?!?! Lol. You really like Moultrie and Lichtenstein over what we already have? Lol. I’m not sold on Moultrie at all.
Two deep
DE - Agude/ J. Harvey
DT - LT / J. Miller
DT - JHH/ Lichtenstein
DE - DJ Coleman / Mesidor (if they were to come)

That **** head coach had multiple DE's drafted in the top 3 rounds though
Literally the one thing Manny's defense did really well was produce good pass rushing defensive ends up until 2021 when the talent fell off. Look, that's on him for recruiting poorly but people want to blame him for Harvey and Williams not playing well must have been ignoring the previous six seasons where there was at least one DE with 8 sacks.

What?!?! Lol. You really like Moultrie and Lichtenstein over what we already have? Lol. I’m not sold on Moultrie at all.
Two deep
DE - Agude/ J. Harvey
DT - LT / J. Miller
DT - JHH/ Lichtenstein
I haven’t heard much about hunte during spring but have heard Lichtenstein name being mentioned several times

Advertisement
Disagree. You may have expected him to contribute at a higher level, but he wasnt some 5 star or borderline 5 star DE coming out of high school. He was an undersized DE with a quick first step weighing around 225 when he got to Miami. If you placed unrealistic expectations on him that's on you.

And for starting 5 games last season: 26 tackles/6.5 TFL/2.5 sacks/1 INt TD isn't bad production.

Go look at the 247 DE's in his class he has outperformed many ranked higher than him so far.

So let me get this straight...our expectations of Harvey when he came out of HS (he was a 4* recruit) were that of a player who would not contribute valuable production until his 4th year in the program? Is that what we are saying now? Man we are really shooting this kid alot of bail money right now. LOL. Goal post keep moving back I see.

Im not going to go back and forth because it makes it seem like I am really hatin' on the kid. My original sentiment was that there is a reason Mario is going after 2 DEs that could start right now if they had to. And it aint because he is so in love with what he has seen in that DE room as of yet. I'll just leave it at that. Time will tell.

Disagree. You may have expected him to contribute at a higher level, but he wasnt some 5 star or borderline 5 star DE coming out of high school. He was an undersized DE with a quick first step weighing around 225 when he got to Miami. If you placed unrealistic expectations on him that's on you.

And for starting 5 games last season: 26 tackles/6.5 TFL/2.5 sacks/1 INt TD isn't bad production.

Go look at the 247 DE's in his class he has outperformed many ranked higher than him so far.

Harvey's not bad at all GA. But he's no Phillips, Rousseau, Garvin, Jackson, Chad Thomas. Not even Roche, maybe Toolbox. At least he hasn't shown that much on the field yet. Which means we need to bring in more proven alternatives and hope Harvey beats them out.

I haven’t heard much about hunte during spring but have heard Lichtenstein name being mentioned several times
Lichstein looks a bit light to play inside but every time they show the DL/OL drills he dominates and the coaches and team mates get hyped.I can see him starting if they can put another 10+ lbs on him by september.

Lichstein looks a bit light to play inside but every time they show the DL/OL drills he dominates and the coaches and team mates get hyped.I can see him starting if they can put another 10+ lbs on him by september.
He looks like a dude who would kill it as a 3/4 end. He may be a guy who plays inside on passing downs only.

Advertisement
Two deep
DE - Agude/ J. Harvey
DT - LT / J. Miller
DT - JHH/ Lichtenstein
You're focused on the starters. It's about snap counts. This was discussed earlier.

The two deep at each position will probably have somewhat comparable snap counts. Obviously starter may have more but in a lot of cases it won't be that much more.

He’s had ****** coaching the past 3 years also. Last year he played for a clown learning how to be a HC on the fly that was also the DC. It’s always easier for some to point the finger and blame the player...
Dude also has multiple 1st round DEs on his resume… and a few others drafted. Dude failed as a HC but let’s not act like he didn’t send DEs to the league and they didn’t receive better than adequate coaching….

You playing the "What if" game. I'm talking about reality. Who knows what these guys would've done under coach A, B, or C. We KNOW what they did for Manny, just like we know what these other guys on the roster DIDN'T do for Manny. Also, Y'all keep spewing that same tired line about GR as if he wasn't coming off an injury. Like...y'all realize GR was taking snaps against LSU in game 1 when he was a true freshman right? But yeah, the staff didn't want to play him over seniors.
We talking about two one and done guys and GR who we barely seen play and you want credit manny for their development? The top hs recruit in the country, a 5th year conference all American and a freak of nature. We’ve seen too many players underdeveloped to give them credit for a few can’t miss guys. I understand your point but I respectfully disagree. ✌️

Advertisement
Ferman has a brief interview with him. The highlights:

"It went great," Ransom said. "Nothing but respect for everything coach (Mario) Cristobal and his staff have going on over there.

"He loves this place. It's great facilities, great resources, great everything that they presented to us. It's been nothing but a class act from the University, from coach Cristobal and his entire staff."

Entering the visit, it was unclear if Coleman would get a Cane offer. And that's still in a holding pattern for now.

"Still no official word on that," Ransom said as he and Coleman were preparing to fly back to Atlanta. "He met with coach Cristobal before leaving and they're just going to continue to be in contact."

Ransom goes on to say he doesn't know if Coleman will take more visits. He has been in contact with Ga Tech but not visited. He also heard from USF while he was in Miami. Seems like Mario may be waiting to see what happens with Mesidor or maybe there's someone else he is waiting for..

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back