DJ Coleman, DE/OLB, Jacksonville St.

Advertisement
My boy is Mesidor's mentor from up here in Canada. I just reached out for some info. i'll let you all know where things are at.
Hd Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Mario moves in mysterious ways im sure theres plans ongoing for current & future portal players, no need to panic fam Mario & Co got this 😉😊 🙌

The vibe I am getting from coach interviews, listen to Gattis interview, they fully plan to win the ACC this season and will make the effort to do whatever it takes. This includes bringing in portal players. This may be high expectations but you will not get there expecting less.
This change in thinking was CRUCIAL to get inside the Hecht. Highsmith really hammered this home during his minI “media tour”

The University of Miami’s end goal should never to be to just win the coastal, That **** is toxic and was littered throughout the Hecht since shalala took over and left her **** stain on the athletic department

This change in thinking was CRUCIAL to get inside the Hecht. Highsmith really hammered this home during his minI “media tour”

The University of Miami’s end goal should never to be to just win the coastal, That **** is toxic and was littered throughout the Hecht since shalala took over and left her **** stain on the athletic department
Agreed, I cringe every time I read that "Miami should be good this year...maybe even win the Coastal"!?!?!

Advertisement
Looking fsu going after any and every transfer, I dont Like it unless they can help significantly lol. Just keeping it a buck

Mario just came from Oregon where they had stacked several top 15 recruiting classes on top of another.

I'm trusting he thinks we're lacking heavily at some positions and is going the portal route for any help possible

Mario just came from Oregon where they had stacked several top 15 recruiting classes on top of another.

I'm trusting he thinks we're lacking heavily at some positions and is going the portal route for any help possible

Have you looked at the roster?

The biggest problem is imbalance. We literally have four edge rushers and two of them are redshirt freshmen. Edit: Actually five edge rushers but Moss weighs 150 pounds.

We have a ton of 3T tackles but no nose. Some of those 3Ts can kick out tho edge, but that trades size for explosiveness to the quarterback.

People are high on Roberts and Kelly, but Roberts is another dt/de tweeter and Kelly a true freshman. If Harvey and Williams get hurt, it will be UGLY as is.

We need all the help we can get on the edge.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This statement has nothing to do with DJ Coleman himself, but Miami is very light on the DL and needs a lot of help. They need pro ready body types to blend in with the players we have which range in quality from potentially elite (Leonard Taylor) to good players (JHH) to what are looking like role players (Harvey, Chantz), to question marks (Davis, Ishmael, et al). If you are not going to have a good number of legit players you need depth to keep everybody fresh.

That is why right away, Agude, Lichtenstein, Moultrie will get lots of burn, even if they, too, might only be "good" players (like, Power 5 role player or better quality). We just lack numbers and bodies and if there is a player in the portal that can take snaps away from someone that will otherwise play too much for his level, then, I think we need to go get him.

If Cristobal thinks that is DJ Coleman or Mesidor, then, bring them in. At this point it will not hurt.

This statement has nothing to do with DJ Coleman himself, but Miami is very light on the DL and needs a lot of help. They need pro ready body types to blend in with the players we have which range in quality from potentially elite (Leonard Taylor) to good players (JHH) to what are looking like role players (Harvey, Chantz), to question marks (Davis, Ishmael, et al). If you are not going to have a good number of legit players you need depth to keep everybody fresh.

That is why right away, Agude, Lichtenstein, Moultrie will get lots of burn, even if they, too, might only be "good" players (like, Power 5 role player or better quality). We just lack numbers and bodies and if there is a player in the portal that can take snaps away from someone that will otherwise play too much for his level, then, I think we need to go get him.

If Cristobal thinks that is DJ Coleman or Mesidor, then, bring them in. At this point it will not hurt.
I agree with most of what you said, but I think we have to give Chantz, Davis and Ishmael an opportunity to compete under new staff and in games. Then we'll see. I think in many instances we judging these kids based on tidbits coming or not coming out on Spring Practice.

I agree with most of what you said, but I think we have to give Chantz, Davis and Ishmael an opportunity to compete under new staff and in games. Then we'll see. I think in many instances we judging these kids based on tidbits coming or not coming out on Spring Practice.
I mean, they are going to get a chance. Its not like they will all disappear. They'll get snaps, but it seems without pre-made standouts, at minimum, we'll go with a depth approach. Fresh role players could produce good player results in the right situation. We're just trying not to be a position where these guys need to be something they may not be. If they are...great. If not...well, we hopefully get enough good players / role players to get the job done.

I mean, they are going to get a chance. Its not like they will all disappear. They'll get snaps, but it seems without pre-made standouts, at minimum, we'll go with a depth approach. Fresh role players could produce good player results in the right situation. We're just trying not to be a position where these guys need to be something they may not be. If they are...great. If not...well, we hopefully get enough good players / role players to get the job done.
Like I said I agree and we need more talent at multiple positions, but we know that. It's obvious the staff recognizes the most glaring position weaknesses. Is it because they think the current guys not capable or we short on quality numbers. I think we can rest assured this staff will rectify the depth and quality issues.

Advertisement

Uh Miami literally just stacked 2 top 15 classes back to back in 2020 and 2021. Their recruiting wasn’t that much better than Miami in those 2 years

Uh Miami literally just stacked 2 top 15 classes back to back in 2020 and 2021. Their recruiting wasn’t that much better than Miami in those 2 years

Miami has more offensive talent than Oregon by far it’s just the oline that’s lacking.

Advertisement
That didn’t stop a converted LB in McCloud and a mid transfer from Tennessee from getting all the reps they could want last year at DE. That’s where we are. You can talk about not wanting to be FSU well think of it as being Michigan State last year or USC this year if that will make you feel better.

Sure but we are not the ones judging them. The coaching staff is judging them. We give our opinions here because we love Canes Football but our "judgements" don't mean a **** thing at the end of the day.

Advertisement
Back