DJ Coleman, DE/OLB, Jacksonville St.

Mario: “We’re gonna continue to add talent to them & do what’s best to help us be the best roster we can be..”

Miami fans: “But what about the Diaz kids bro? Give’em a chance!”

Mario: “
tenor.gif
Mario: “Hysterical laughter”

Advertisement
Uh Miami literally just stacked 2 top 15 classes back to back in 2020 and 2021. Their recruiting wasn’t that much better than Miami in those 2 years

2020 — Miami #17, Oregon #12
2021 — Miami #11, Oregon #6

One of these schools is located in the most talent-rich area in the history of the planet.

The other breeds Starbucks employees.

Advertisement
Such a shame that Jafari and Chantz aren’t stepping up. Those are the kind of top players we need to hit on more as far as projected development.

We got so spoiled with Rousseau that one season and then Phillips/Roche.
Exactly!!

Even Mario thinks so: :rolleyes:

Asked about non-skill position players who have impressed him, Cristobal said defensive end Chantz Williams has had a “great spring” and praised defensive end Jahfari Harvey, adding that Harvey “plays so hard. Even if his footwork isn't perfect, he finds a way to become part of a play and impact it.”
2 days ago

I agree with most of what you said, but I think we have to give Chantz, Davis and Ishmael an opportunity to compete under new staff and in games. Then we'll see. I think in many instances we judging these kids based on tidbits coming or not coming out on Spring Practice.

DE is in dire need.

Davis is purely a situational guy.

Chantz has a make or break year but it’s questionable whether he should be a heavy rotational guy. Same for Harvey.

Ishmael is a wild card bc of how he has transformed his body.

There’s a reason why Mario is hitting the portal hard for DL. Look for another DE and DT. That’s 5 portal DL. Makes you realize what Mario thinks about our DL.

As of now it’s a no with Coleman, they could circle back later. The staff had their reasons for not offering.

It seems Coleman doesn’t have a lot of suitors at the moment. Imo if his recruitment remains the same I could see a smaller school as the choice ( non power five). His best bet would be to wait around for the pecking order to fall into place. Then maybe a power five comes sniffing around later, Miami included.

I was told they’re not playing or settling so Akheem Mesidor definitely fits the standard. He would be a very big addition. By far the best edge guy we’d have. I‘m sure he’s one of the most popular portal guys at the moment. # NIL lol.

Miami will be very busy after spring, I could see DL , lb , ol and a receiver. Imo there needs to be a true proven number one , as of now I don’t see that. I always said two wr was possible. Also a Interior space eater is another obvious need. Front seven needs more duct tape.

Lastly the portal goes two ways and we’ll be losing guys as well. Should be a busy couple months.
Any update on our chances with Messidor?

As of now it’s a no with Coleman, they could circle back later. The staff had their reasons for not offering.

It seems Coleman doesn’t have a lot of suitors at the moment. Imo if his recruitment remains the same I could see a smaller school as the choice ( non power five). His best bet would be to wait around for the pecking order to fall into place. Then maybe a power five comes sniffing around later, Miami included.

I was told they’re not playing or settling so Akheem Mesidor definitely fits the standard. He would be a very big addition. By far the best edge guy we’d have. I‘m sure he’s one of the most popular portal guys at the moment. # NIL lol.

Miami will be very busy after spring, I could see DL , lb , ol and a receiver. Imo there needs to be a true proven number one , as of now I don’t see that. I always said two wr was possible. Also a Interior space eater is another obvious need. Front seven needs more duct tape.

Lastly the portal goes two ways and we’ll be losing guys as well. Should be a busy couple months.
BuckLe up, huh?

Advertisement
It's kind of interesting how we have no clear picture of anything at all. We'll be getting people from the portal and showing players to the door. The only thing I know for certain is that we're seeing what Mario wants us to see and it's not an accurate picture at all.

A little update to this.

I’ll just add there is a couple reasons Coleman couldn’t commit. There’s multiple hoops to jump through, but last I heard he’s still in town.

He’s still in play.

It’s just complicated so ease up on Gaby lol.

Last edited:
A little update to this.

I’ll just add there is a couple reasons Coleman couldn’t commit. There’s multiple hoops to jump through, but last I heard he’s still in town.

He’s still in play.

It’s just complicated so ease up on Gaby lol.
Sounds like Admissions stuff. Maybe credit transfer issue. Who knows. Sounds like it could be ironed out soon. (I hope)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back