Discussion: Put up your Rumph replacement list

Of course they do but we’re so bad at it that we go from elite to average on third down. Out 3rd down rate proves it. We drop tremendously on 3rd down which has always been a passing down.
3rd downs are not always passing downs..if someone could provide down and distance on those conversions then that stat will have more context..there were multiple times teams ran or QBs scrambled on 3rd down for 1st downs..if a O is in 3rd and 5 or less that’s to the advantage of the offense..I’ll give you the fact blades and Ivey need to finish when they are in position..but I’m not gonna try them as tho they don’t belong in a Miami or P5 secondary. Especially given the fact they are youngins

Advertisement
Thank God for luck. Ever heard of Clinton Portis? Glad we lucked into him since his hometown team didn't want him at running back.

Plenty of other examples I could list, but why bother. You'll just move the goalposts yet again.

Such a bitter little man. People make their own luck in life.
How about you try to actually argue football instead of making it personal or is that too hard for you?

Our 3rd down rate was just as bad back then lol. Our total D and passing D improves but our 3rd down rate doesn’t and it’s somehow not a coaching issue apparently.
And the defenses still finished among the best in scoring D and pass yds allowed lol...

How about you try to actually argue football instead of making it personal or is that too hard for you?

You sound dense...then I looked at who was posting.

That was the start of your first reply to me.

Did you hit yourself in the head with that shovel of yours?

As I already said, you don't know anywhere near what you think you do about this game. Get back to that shovel and keep proving me right.

You sound dense...then I looked at who was posting.

That was the start of your first reply to me.

Did you hit yourself in the head with that shovel of yours?

As I already said, you don't know anywhere near what you think you do about this game. Get back to that shovel and keep proving me right.
You are dense. Hence why you won’t actually talk football and why I called you it. You want to talk anecdotals, theories, and half rights instead of what actually happened. That’s while as soon I brought up what actually occurred, you ran to “bitter little man”. You weren’t smart enough to give any kind of counter argument unlike the homie 305to954.

Advertisement
Guys like Dee Delaney and Jhavonte Dean were absolutely horrific and showed no development.

We also have the benefit of playing in the coastal and going years at a time without playing a high powered throwing offense.

2018 and 2019 were seasons with nothing but absolute JAGS at QB for our CB's to go against. Outside of maybe Howell who was 19yrs old playing in his 2nd game of his life.

In our smoke and mirrors 2017 season he allowed god awful QB's like Kelly Bryant and Hornibrook have literally career games.

Him and Patke are major liabilities. Competent guys like Hooker from V.Tech and Howell are gonna absolutely rape the secondary this year. Overall the seasons stats will continue to be misleadingly good b/c the schedule is easier than most group of 5 teams.

Advertisement
Guys like Dee Delaney and Jhavonte Dean were absolutely horrific and showed no development.

We also have the benefit of playing in the coastal and going years at a time without playing a high powered throwing offense.

2018 and 2019 were seasons with nothing but absolute JAGS at QB for our CB's to go against. Outside of maybe Howell who was 19yrs old playing in his 2nd game of his life.

In our smoke and mirrors 2017 season he allowed god awful QB's like Kelly Bryant and Hornibrook have literally career games.

Him and Patke are major liabilities. Competent guys like Hooker from V.Tech and Howell are gonna absolutely rape the secondary this year. Overall the seasons stats will continue to be misleadingly good b/c the schedule is easier than most group of 5 teams.

Sam Howell did nothing for 54 minutes against us, was that luck or did Rumph teach the Cb in the 1Q?

Hooker was 10/20 against us, how exactly is he going to rape us this time

Sam Howell did nothing for 54 minutes against us, was that luck or did Rumph teach the Cb in the 1Q?

Hooker was 10/20 against us, how exactly is he going to rape us this time
Hooker, another guy basically starting his first career game against UM. As I mentioned b/c of the division/schedule we don't face many high powered offenses or QB's, basically ever. So if you had to look at 2020's schedule. Howell and Hooker stand out.

How about:

Banda coaching the secondary. It’s odd that we have separate CB and S coaches.
Replace Patke with a top LB/recruiting coach. Eg Micheal Barrow (have no idea what happened him post Seahawks)
Hire a top special teams/recruiting guy. Don’t have a name.

Goal: turbo charge our defense, special teams and recruiting efforts with two top hires.
CB & Safety are completely different positions. Completely different skill sets and completely different drills. Sure they both have to be able to cover people but they do it with different techniques and leverages. Run support??? It would be very odd Not to have separate coaches for the 2 different positions. Most well coached HS teams have a CB coach and a Safety coach (if they can afford it).

Advertisement
You sound dense...then I looked at who was posting. You would have a point...if the majority of his 4 star guys weren’t already considered projects or somebody he lucked into. Again, not surprised. That involving too much thinking apparently.
1_UDUtGU1NqByb_yZmnhNTPw.png

My dream scenerio?

Goodbye:
Stroud
Patke
Rumph
Baker

Hello:
DL- Jess Simpson
LB- Ray Lewis
DB - E Reed
DC - Corey Raymond

Wed NEVER lose another recruiting battle again. And imagine the accountability in game day. Ray said in the past hed like to coach. What better place to start?

CB & Safety are completely different positions. Completely different skill sets and completely different drills. Sure they both have to be able to cover people but they do it with different techniques and leverages. Run support??? It would be very odd Not to have separate coaches for the 2 different positions. Most well coached HS teams have a CB coach and a Safety coach (if they can afford it).
Chuck Pagano is still UMs best DB Coach ever...he coached both CBs and Safeties...and did so extremely well....Nonsense that a DB coach can't teach both...

Advertisement
Chuck Pagano is still UMs best DB Coach ever...he coached both CBs and Safeties...and did so extremely well....Nonsense that a DB coach can't teach both...
That’s how it is at most places. Now I don’t have inside sources but from what I’ve read and pieced together, Rumph is the DB coach and Banda is pretty much relied on for recruiting.

Banda been cloggin' the toilet on the recruiting trail for 4 yrs. but lets beat the Rumph horse to death

Advertisement
Back