Discussion: Put up your Rumph replacement list

Top 20 in pass defense. Top 20 in YPC🤷🏾‍♂️..numbers don’t lie..if you want to say that’s because of the dline, that’s fair. But every secondary is dependent on the dline. And If you want to defend the intermediate middle of the field better (I don’t see it as a glaring hole tho) get more length/range at LB🤷🏾‍♂️
The middle of the field aren’t all intermediate. Comebacks, curls, stop and go, and digs don’t involve LBs and if you watch our tapes last year these routes are being used on 3rd down a ton to convert hence why we fielded a top 20 D but had an average 3rd down rate at 42. Thank god we have an elite D-line because if it was average that D ain’t top 20 and that conversion rate ain’t 42nd.

Advertisement
Were you saying this before 19 or did this revelation come after breaking in 4 new players in the secondary..I guarantee this defense will finish top 10 in pass defense if we have a szn..with a CB room you’d consider JAGS lol
You would have a point if the safeties struggled but they didn’t. Another thing, Blades was getting substantial burn the year before. The only thing he had to get used to was starting.

You can argue stats all you want but the weakest link right now is CB. Nobody is handing Rumph athletes like they’re handing Patke. Just look at our 3rd down rate compared to our total D and passing D. That righ there is exactly is struggling with intermediate routes like I said. These dudes are benefiting from our backend play and our line. This defense will never make the leap into the elite category until it happens.

You would have a point if the safeties struggled but they didn’t. Another thing, Blades was getting substantial burn the year before. The only thing he had to get used to was starting.
Burns was getting burn at the nickel in 18...you didn’t see our safety play Drop off last szn?? I definitely did..they had multiple blown assignments early on..along with key missed tackles that led to explosive plays..u. Pointing out one portion of the secondary..nah bro each level is accountable as a whole..the whole secondary had to grow up last year.

Advertisement
Burns was getting burn at the nickel in 18...you didn’t see our safety play Drop off last szn?? I definitely did..they had multiple blown assignments early on..along with key missed tackles that led to explosive plays..u. Pointing out one portion of the secondary..nah bro each level is accountable as a whole..the whole secondary had to grow up last year.
See what you said? Early on. Rumph’s unit struggled throughout the entire year especially Ivey. Banda noticed his deficiencies and it got better throughout the year while Rumph’s struggled over and over again especially in off man.

See what you said? Early on. Rumph’s unit struggled throughout the entire year especially Ivey. Banda noticed his deficiencies and it got better throughout the year while Rumph’s struggled over and over again especially in off man.
I think Ivey struggled early..no doubt..but after Ga tech he was solid IMO . Again a 1st year starter..he and blades had plays were both were in position but just didn’t finish the play. Some act like it was bombs over Baghdad...we are light years a from mike Williams being a starting CB

Can't recruit.

Oh, wait.

By and large, he's landing 4 stars. At least on paper, he's outrecruiting our record.

Show me the other units recruiting that well.

Well, he doesn't land the elites.

Have we even been close to elite? If you had an elite son, would you send him here?

He can't find the diamonds in the rough that slip through the cracks.

Man, why is he recruiting that 3 star or even 2 star? He should be landing five stars.

**** is tired and if you wanna be that guy, go for it. Waste of my time.

The middle of the field aren’t all intermediate. Comebacks, curls, stop and go, and digs don’t involve LBs and if you watch our tapes last year these routes are being used on 3rd down a ton to convert hence why we fielded a top 20 D but had an average 3rd down rate at 42. Thank god we have an elite D-line because if it was average that D ain’t top 20 and that conversion rate ain’t 42nd.
I don’t any DC that won’t give up 8 yard CONTESTED curls, Digs and comebacks, because those are contested balls..those are throws are gunna be there a lot..of they are contested I have no issue with it..rather that then a WR being let free on a bust assignment or just getting beat like buddy from UNC did vs bandy. Ivey and blades just need to finish the play. That comes with experience and time...like I said this pass D will finish top 10-15 even with the “jags” we have at cb

Advertisement
Can't recruit.

Oh, wait.

By and large, he's landing 4 stars. At least on paper, he's outrecruiting our record.

Have we even been close to elite? If you had an elite son, would you send him here?

Man, why is he recruiting that 3 star or even 2 star? He should be landing five stars.

You sound dense...then I looked at who was posting. You would have a point...if the majority of his 4 star guys weren’t already considered projects or somebody he lucked into. Again, not surprised. That involving too much thinking apparently.

Can't recruit.

Oh, wait.

Exactly. Like I said if u wanna say he doesn’t splash in the 247 CB rankings..fair. But these “jags” that’s in that room have posted top 20 pass defenses since this Defensive staff has been together

You sound dense...then I looked at who was posting. You would have a point...if the majority of his 4 star guys weren’t already considered projects or somebody he lucked into. Again, not surprised. That involving too much thinking apparently.
Cmon bro..now he’s lucked into 4 stars..

[
Cmon bro..now he’s lucked into 4 stars..
ohhhhhh hold on now! Are you seriously going to tell me that he didn’t luck into Williams being recruited as a safety by LSU and Dunson being available late after he decommitted from FSU? Is that what you’re telling me right now?

Advertisement

You keep talking, I'm good. It's funny how much you think you know compared to those who have played at this level actually know. Keep up the good fight and may your shovel never break. You're sadly amusing at times.

You can argue stats all you want but the weakest link right now is CB. Nobody is handing Rumph athletes like they’re handing Patke. Just look at our 3rd down rate compared to our total D and passing D. That righ there is exactly is struggling with intermediate routes like I said. These dudes are benefiting from our backend play and our line. This defense will never make the leap into the elite category until it happens.
Would u consider the 17 and 18 defense elite?? By statistics they were🤷🏾‍♂️..this past szn we replaced G will, both Jackson’s, a couple key reserves in mike smith, Derrick smith..Quan and red...so if y’all didn’t expect a drop off then y’all was naive asf..you know what kills and deflated a defense even more then that? Bad ST, and a offense that can’t put up point or get two /three FDs when needed..so for this pass defense to still finish inside the Top 25 is a credit to the staff and kids on that side..no doubt the secondary as a whole was a weak point last szn especially in the early part

[

ohhhhhh hold on now! Are you seriously going to tell me that he didn’t luck into Williams being recruited as a safety by LSU and Dunson being available late after he decommitted from FSU? Is that what you’re telling me right now?
nope. Because luck would be a kid accidentally signing the wrong LOI on signing day lol..you act rumph/staff weren’t recruiting those guy

Advertisement
I don’t any DC that won’t give up 8 yard CONTESTED curls, Digs and comebacks, because those are contested balls..those are throws are gunna be there a lot..of they are contested I have no issue with it..rather that then a WR being let free on a bust assignment or just getting beat like buddy from UNC did vs bandy. Ivey and blades just need to finish the play. That comes with experience and time...like I said this pass D will finish top 10-15 even with the “jags” we have at cb
Of course they do but we’re so bad at it that we go from elite to average on third down. Our 3rd down rate proves it. We drop tremendously on 3rd down which has always been a passing down.

nope. Because luck would be a kid accidentally signing the wrong LOI on signing day lol..you act rumph/staff weren’t recruiting those guy
Right. Them being told they can play a different position or in Dunson’s case being recruited by Ole Miss doesn’t help. Got it.

Would u consider the 17 and 18 defense elite?? By statistics they were🤷🏾‍♂️..this past szn we replaced G will, both Jackson’s, a couple key reserves in mike smith, Derrick smith..Quan and red...so if y’all didn’t expect a drop off then y’all was naive asf..you know what kills and deflated a defense even more then that? Bad ST, and a offense that can’t put up point or get two /three FDs when needed..so for this pass defense to still finish inside the Top 25 is a credit to the staff and kids on that side..no doubt the secondary as a whole was a weak point last szn especially in the early part
Our 3rd down rate was just as bad back then lol. Our total D and passing D improves but our 3rd down rate doesn’t and it’s somehow not a coaching issue apparently.

[

Thank God for luck. Ever heard of Clinton Portis? Glad we lucked into him since his hometown team didn't want him at running back.

Plenty of other examples I could list, but why bother. You'll just move the goalposts yet again.

Such a bitter little man. People make their own luck in life.

Advertisement
Back