Discussion: Put up your Rumph replacement list

I got that lol. If we suck, it’s his fault. You can’t have it both ways. Mike’s a good ******* coach.
I’m not saying he’s not. I’ve always said he was but he’s not good enough to deal with his recruiting. Can you make an argument that it’s due to the recruiting dynamic he facing, Yea but he misses way more than he should even with the dynamic in play.

Advertisement
Patke Rumph and Banda should have never been hired in the 1st place, neither of the 3 had ANY prior college coaching exp.

Patke is the absolute worst combination of can't coach or recruit.

Has Patke even recruited a single player at Miami

Patke Rumph and Banda should have never been hired in the 1st place, neither of the 3 had ANY prior college coaching exp.

Patke is the absolute worst combination of can't coach or recruit.

Has Patke even recruited a single player at Miami
that’s actually a good question lol. Banda has proved himself kinda but the rest? Nah.

Since someone else brought up the topic I figured I put up a thread discussing it the right way. Here’s mine.

1. Jeffery Modkins TCU
2. Steven Clinkscale UK
3. Archie Collins Pitt
4. Jeff Popovich GT (who’s also an Alum)
5. Jeff Burris
6. Jay Simpson UAB

A message on behalf of coach rumph:

Advertisement
that’s actually a good question lol. Banda has proved himself kinda but the rest? Nah.
Proved himself in what regard?
recruiting? Position coaches don’t always lead with the recruiting efforts. They are apart of it tho. Player development? I’d say out corners have been solid from a developmental standpoint since rumph has been here..patke position groups have also performed here so idk what the beef is with him. And he does seem to get mentioned by recruits..fact is the defense has Been good enough at all 3 levels to win 10 games the last 2 years..we all know the offense has put them in terrible positions and flat out lost games

Proved himself in what regard?
recruiting? Position coaches don’t always lead with the recruiting efforts. They are apart of it tho. Player development? I’d say out corners have been solid from a developmental standpoint since rumph has been here..patke position groups have also performed here so idk what the beef is with him. And he does seem to get mentioned by recruits..fact is the defense has Been good enough at all 3 levels to win 10 games the last 2 years..we all know the offense has put them in terrible positions and flat out lost games
Banda has played a huge part in a ton of recruitments that were at his position and at other positions. He’s even had more players drafted than Rumph. He’s got to an NFL guy right know in Bubba and if he keeps developing Gurvan is gonna be one too. He’s about to lap Rumph in that very category. Rumph hasn’t hit on anybody and the best prospect he’s gotten was Christian Williams which was 2 years ago now. He has no momentum this trail and are currently looking at a CB situation where both are 3 year projects because of his recruiting. At Patke is getting handed athletes.

Advertisement
You’re talking to a former Rumph supporter. Can’t croot. Tired of that ****.
Honestly Idc how many top 10 cbs he gets in a cycle..I care more about how cats perform while in that position group. You can look at the past recruiting cycles at the top 5 rated corners and see a lot of those guys didn’t end up out playing guys in rumph a room within our scheme..but u want those top 247 premium talents on paper, you have to win games

A message on behalf of coach rumph:

A message on behalf of CIS

8F1C9FAF-191F-4980-A947-B4B46EF77DFA.gif

Honestly Idc how many top 10 cbs he gets in a cycle..I care more about how cats perform while in that position group. You can look at the past recruiting cycles at the top 5 rated corners and see a lot of those guys didn’t end up out playing guys in rumph a room within our scheme..but u want those top 247 premium talents on paper, you have to win games
I already let my feelings known in another post I replied to so I ain’t gonna continue. He’s not a good enough coach to justify his recruiting. It’s not about premium talent. It’s about us finding underrated guys in our own state, sending in vids, only to watch them blow up like Damarius McGhee and we’re late to the party and then not landing the guys we aren’t late to the party for.

Banda has played a huge part in a ton of recruitments that were at his position and at other positions. He’s even had more players drafted than Rumph. He’s got to an NFL guy right know in Bubba and if he keeps developing Gurvan is gonna be one too. He’s about to lap Rumph in that very category. Rumph hasn’t hit on anybody and the best prospect he’s gotten was Christian Williams which was 2 years ago now. He has no momentum this trail and are currently looking at a CB situation where both are 3 year projects because of his recruiting. At Patke is getting handed athletes.
names that were drafted OR played well while here since 2016
Corn elder, Colbert, Mike Jackson, Trajan bandy, malek young was trending as a kid with NFL talent..and yes Banda is, as I’ve been saying for 2 years, our best recruiter.

my thing is this, every offseason since rumph has been here the CB room has had some questions as to how they would perform..and I can’t argue against how mike rumphs CB room has played..last year was the worse performance due to 2 new kids who were young and still that secondary held up well enough to where If we had a offense and kicker with a pulse we were a solid team

Advertisement
I already let my feelings known in another post I replied to so I ain’t gonna continue. He’s not a good enough coach to justify his recruiting. It’s not about premium talent. It’s about us finding underrated guys in our own state, sending in vids, only to watch them blow up like Damarius McGhee and we’re late to the party and then not landing the guys we aren’t late to the party for.
How we late to the party on McGee?? He’s from Pensacola so it’s not like she’s in our backyard. And going by his offer sheet he’s just now blowing up top teams boards...like I said if u want to say Rumph doesn’t pull 247 top 10 prospects I’ll agree. BUT when look at the pass D rankings and how that secondary plays, along with the CBS development while here, I can’t bash rumph for that

names that were drafted OR played well while here since 2016
Corn elder, Colbert, Mike Jackson, Trajan bandy, malek young was trending as a kid with NFL talent..and yes Banda is, as I’ve been saying for 2 years, our best recruiter.

my thing is this, every offseason since rumph has been here the CB room has had some questions as to how they would perform..and I can’t argue against how mike rumphs CB room has played..last year was the worse performance due to 2 new kids who were young and still that secondary held up well enough to where If we had a offense and kicker with a pulse we were a solid team
First of all, Trajan Bandy was never trending to being a draft pick and he should’ve been a safety because 5’8 corners don’t make rosters and Mike had first round grades going into his senior year and his stock dumped. Secondly he’s had Reyshawn, Jamal, Quan, Sheldrick, and now Bubba and Gurvan trending in that direction. Thirdly, the reason we’re not exposed more is because Stroud is probably the best D-line coach we’ve had here since the golden years of our past. His line covers up so much for us it’s not even funny not including that Banda has us playing well in the back end to go with. Why do you think think teams use intermediate routes against us and have a ton of success? Because Rumph can’t coach talent that he’s not getting.

How we late to the party on McGee?? He’s from Pensacola so it’s not like she’s in our backyard. And going by his offer sheet he’s just now blowing up top teams boards...like I said if u want to say Rumph doesn’t pull 247 top 10 prospects I’ll agree. BUT when look at the pass D rankings and how that secondary plays, along with the CBS development while here, I can’t bash rumph for that
What CB development? Point to me how our DBs got better as the season went on last season? Every time we lined up in any off man, offense had 7 yard dump passes waiting for us. The only coverage we excel at is press man and that’s usually more of our line’s doing.

Advertisement
First of all, Trajan Bandy was never trending to being a draft pick and he should’ve been a safety because 5’8 corners don’t make rosters and Mike had first round grades going into his senior year and his stock dumped. Secondly he’s had Reyshawn, Jamal, Quan, Sheldrick, and now Bubba and Gurvan trending in that direction. Thirdly, the reason we’re not exposed more is because Stroud is probably the best D-line coach we’ve had here since the golden days. His line covers up so much for us it’s not even funny not including that Banda has us playing well in the back end to go with. Why do you think think teams use intermediate routes against us and have a ton of success? Because Rumph can’t coach talent that he’s not getting.
like I said OR PLAYED WELL WHILE HERE..you can’t find one secondary who is dependent on a good pass rush that’s a fact. All u did was give reasons to why the DEFENSE AS WHOLE HAS SUCCEEDED..it isn’t just based on one position group. Lastly my point isn’t to make it a Banda vs rumph vs stroud argument as to why it’s worked. The fact is all 3 levels are dependent on each other. If the argument is Rumph doesn’t splash in the 247 rankings, fair enough. But you can’t question what he get out of his guys in that position room..Dunson, Williams, couch, blades AND DJ will hold their own in this scheme

like I said OR PLAYED WELL WHILE HERE..you can’t find one secondary who is dependent on a good pass rush that’s a fact. All u did was give reasons to why the DEFENSE AS WHOLE HAS SUCCEEDED..it isn’t just based on one position group. Lastly my point isn’t to make it a Banda vs rumph vs stroud argument as to why it’s worked. The fact is all 3 levels are dependent on each other. If the argument is Rumph doesn’t splash in the 247 rankings, fair enough. But you can’t question what he get out of his guys in that position room..Dunson, Williams, couch, blades AND DJ will hold their own in this scheme
I absolutely can. Our CBs aren’t talented enough nor are they technically good enough to make up for their deficiencies. That’s Rumph’s fault for falling to prioritize underrated guys since he struggles with big fish and having to go with plan C guys.

What CB development? Point to me how our DBs got better as the season went on last season? Every time we lined up in any off man, offense had 7 yard dump passes waiting for us. The only coverage we excel at is press man and that’s usually more of our line’s doing.
Top 20 in pass defense. Top 20 in YPC🤷🏾‍♂️..numbers don’t lie..if you want to say that’s because of the dline, that’s fair. But every secondary is dependent on the dline. And If you want to defend the intermediate middle of the field better (I don’t see it as a glaring hole tho) get more length/range at LB🤷🏾‍♂️

I absolutely can. Our CBs aren’t talented enough nor are they technically good enough to make up for their deficiencies. That’s Rumph’s fault for falling to prioritize underrated guys since he struggles with big fish and having to go with plan C guys.
Were you saying this before 19 or did this revelation come after breaking in 4 new players in the secondary..I guarantee this defense will finish top 10 in pass defense if we have a szn..with a CB room you’d consider JAGS lol

Advertisement
Back