Discussion: Mock Class 3.0

Zbrod95

Thank God for the Columbus Mafia
1. QB - Jake Garcia

#JakeGaricaToTheU

It’s honestly a bit obvious that we’re offering him on being the man and we fit him perfectly. Mello is good friends with him. Brantley seems like he’s friends with him. Just have to perform now.

2. RB- Thad Franklin

expected

3. RB- Amari Daniels

Unless we somehow get a transfer I think Cam is gone. He shouldn’t leave early but he‘ll be gone with an 1,000 yard season. Amari wants to be here which is great because he’s got some talent even though I would like to offer that Poole kid and see where he’s at.

4. WR- Jacolby George

Expected

5. WR- Romello Brinson

Expected

6. WR- Brashard Smith

I really want him here and really like where we stand here as well. I saw someone post as well that he might be bigger than reported.

7. TE Elijah Arroyo

Expected

8. TE Khalil Brantley

Expected

9. OT- Michael McLaughlin

Expected

10. OL- Laurence Seymore

Expected

11. Ryan Rodriguez

Expected

12. DE- Jabari Ishmael

We’re not getting him to gray shirt. We’re not Bama. Raw, talented kid that everybody wants here. He’s just a quiet guy.

13. DE- Thomas Davis

Love this kid. Just a matter of time.

14. DT- Allen Haye

Expected

15. DT- Leonard Taylor

We’re gonna win and he’s gonna come because of it. We offer everything he wants, gained a ton of ground, and have a ton of momentum. Crazy how fast this flipped.

16. LB- Jacorey Hammett

Expected

17. LB- Tyler Johnson

Expected

18. LB- DeShawn Throutman

Expected

19. Striker/LB- Chase Smith

D, I hope you’re right. Ivins again excluded him out do his conservative mock class. I really want this kid and I really hope he’s just a quiet kid.

20. CB- Tim Burns

Expected

21. CB- Malik Curtis

Expected but I’m not fond of this. I really think he should be replaced by Demarius McGhee. 4.56 at 6’1 going into his junior year plus he is a lot better on tape. I get people love his athletic ability and maybe we could still take him at WR but I wouldn’t take him over McGhee.

22. CB- Duce Chestnut

Him and Markevious Brown are interchangeable but Ivins put him in his mock so I’m rolling with it. I think Brown has a bit more potential.

23. S- Kamren Kinchens

Can’t wait til he commits. Love this kid and our safety room Is starting to resemble our safety room of the past.

24. K- Andy Borregales

Expected

Overview: So the way the class would sit right now it’ll land at 256.97 which would be anywhere between 12-15 in the country. Remove Curtis for Damarius McGhee and it becomes a fringe top 10 class. I think outside of corner everything is solid. I would have no complaints expect for CB because of who we pursued and didn’t offer. I think Damarius needs to be a huge priority and I also believe Davion Sistrunk needed an offer. I continue to be let down by the CB recruiting and I’m tired of it. As you can see we’re pushing it numbers wise a bit and this is probably the absolute max we could go with Willie coming on board.

Advertisement
1. QB - Jake Garcia

#JakeGaricaToTheU

It’s honestly a bit obvious that we’re offering him on being the man and we fit him perfectly. Mello is good friends with him. Brantley seems like he’s friends with him. Just have to perform now.

2. RB- Thad Franklin

expected

3. RB- Amari Daniels

Unless we somehow get a transfer I think Cam is gone. He shouldn’t leave early but he‘ll be gone with an 1,000 yard season. Amari wants to be here which is great because he’s got some talent even though I would like to offer that Poole kid and see where he’s at.

4. WR- Jacolby George

Expected

5. WR- Romello Brinson

Expected

6. WR- Brashard Smith

I really want him here and really like where we stand here as well. I saw someone post as well that he might be bigger than reported.

7. TE Elijah Arroyo

Expected

8. TE Khalil Brantley

Expected

Expected

10. OL- Laurence Seymore

Expected

11. Ryan Rodriguez

Expected

12. DE- Jabari Ishmael

We’re not getting him to gray shirt. We’re not Bama. Raw, talented kid that everybody wants here. He’s just a quiet guy.

13. DE- Thomas Davis

14. DT- Allen Haye

Expected

15. DT- Leonard Taylor

We’re gonna win and he’s gonna come because of it. We offer everything he wants, gained a ton of ground, and have a ton of momentum. Crazy how fast this flipped.

16. LB- Jacorey Hammett

Expected

17. LB- Tyler Johnson

Expected

Expected

D, I hope you’re right. Ivins again excluded him out do his conservative mock class. I really want this kid and I really hope he’s just a quiet kid.

20. CB- Tim Burns

Expected

21. CB- Malik Curtis

Expected but I’m not fond of this. I really think he should be replaced by Demarius McGhee. 4.56 at 6’1 going into his junior year plus he is a lot better on tape. I get people love his athletic ability and maybe we could still take him at WR but I wouldn’t take him over McGhee.

22. CB- Duce Chestnut

Him and Markevious Brown are interchangeable but Ivins put him in his mock so I’m rolling with it. I think Brown has a bit more potential.

23. S- Kamren Kinchens

Can’t wait til he commits. Love this kid and our safety room Is starting to resemble our safety room of the past.

24. K- Andy Borregales

Expected

Overview: So the way the class would sit right now it’ll land at 256.97 which would be anywhere between 12-15 in the country. Remove Curtis for Damarius McGhee and it becomes a fringe top 10 class. I think outside of corner everything is solid. I would have no complaints expect for CB because of who we pursued and didn’t offer. I think Damarius needs to be a huge priority and I also believe Davion Sistrunk needed an offer. I continue to be let down by the CB recruiting and I’m tired of it. As you can see we’re pushing it numbers wise a bit and this is probably the absolute max we could go with Willie coming on board.
Moise did get in?

Advertisement
I hope we dont go after Daniel's give his spot to yulkeith brown and then drop curtis for mcghee like u said and then swap chestnut for brown I think brown is better player longer and quicker

Advertisement
CB recruiting in that mock leaves a lot to be desired. Not saying that based on stars only; but their offers are nothing to write home about.

Curtis: BC, Georgia Southern, WKU
Burns: Louisville, Kentucky, K State, Nebraska, Pitt
Chestnut: ECU, Kansas, Louisville-not to mention we're going back to jersey for DBs (Al Golden that you?)

In that mock I'd add Moise in as the third DT as well.

Do not see them taking both B. Smith and Daniels. Think Smith fits in the O system better. If we do get Taylor I think we get Collier also.
Does anyone know what Chase Smith is thinking? Has he shown any interest in anyone?

Burns tape is very good. I imagine his lack of offers is strictly bc of his size. But he is 5"10, so you can work with that. Redshirt him, sit two more years, and you have a RS JR 5'10 180.

That's perfect in these new spread systems to cover the slot.

And Curtis is special with his speed. No way you let that go. Remember, this year there will be plenty of recruits that fly under the radar due to the covid shutdowns. I think Curtis is a gem.

They are both light, but not short like Bandy. These guys can fill in decently.

Add in Markevious Brown for the size.

Dunson and C.Williams are also big CBs for the future.

Advertisement
overall, a pretty solid class!

My ideal class would be:
Drop A. Daniels and add Yulkeith. Him and Brashard can both come in as RB/WR/Slot. Alexis would be the dream and then take one of Yulkeith or Brashard as the second RB
Drop Haye and have Collins, Taylor and Moise at DT which is an ELITE haul
Drop Curtis for Markevious Brown and add Chestnut or McGhee. Ideally our 3 CBs would be Burns, Brown and McGhee
Make room no matter what should an ELITE OT want in or J.Williams as a defensive athlete

I would rather have Markevious Brown than Chestnut. We should only be leaving the state for DBs with freakish traits.
Is there any other CB's under the radar you could see us reaching out to? Is a down year locally? Haven't paid attention to the talent pool.

Advertisement
We continue to have exceptional RB, WR, and DE recruiting.

Everything else is pretty good, but not where it needs to be to get to that next tier.

1. QB - Jake Garcia

#JakeGaricaToTheU

2. RB- Thad Franklin

expected

3. RB- Amari Daniels

4. WR- Jacolby George

Expected

5. WR- Romello Brinson

Expected

6. WR- Brashard Smith

7. TE Elijah Arroyo

Expected

8. TE Khalil Brantley

Expected

Expected

10. OL- Laurence Seymore

Expected

11. Ryan Rodriguez

Expected

12. DE- Jabari Ishmael

13. DE- Thomas Davis

14. DT- Allen Haye

Expected

15. DT- Leonard Taylor

16. LB- Jacorey Hammett

Expected

17. LB- Tyler Johnson

Expected

Expected

20. CB- Tim Burns

Expected

21. CB- Malik Curtis

22. CB- Duce Chestnut

23. S- Kamren Kinchens

24. K- Andy Borregales

Expected

I think you are overreacting with the CB class. Burns and Brown will be good gets, both good athletes with speed, Curtis will be the only question mark but you dont know how he will look in his senior season, he might blossom at CB due to his athlecticism. I wouldn't mind replacing Curtis with McGhee though. I think we are all waiting for the defensive staff to get that high 4 star CB/5 star, but as of right now we are not on that level of recruiting. Also if Moise comes, then we will only have 23 spots.

Advertisement
Back