Discussion: Mock Class 3.0

with multiple teams complaining about not being able to stock complete rosters : I think the rules will be change where signing 25 is possible as long as you are within the 85 rule :

Advertisement
overall, a pretty solid class!

My ideal class would be:
Drop A. Daniels and add Yulkeith. Him and Brashard can both come in as RB/WR/Slot. Alexis would be the dream and then take one of Yulkeith or Brashard as the second RB
Drop Haye and have Collins, Taylor and Moise at DT which is an ELITE haul
Drop Curtis for Markevious Brown and add Chestnut or McGhee. Ideally our 3 CBs would be Burns, Brown and McGhee
Make room no matter what should an ELITE OT want in or J.Williams as a defensive athlete

Drop Haye? He looks way more explosive and doesn’t play next to Taylor. I’m with you on the rest.
Haye will get a 4th star

This is a dumb take, Curtis is skinny af to and ran track for one year. Curtis runs an 11.1 now, what will his time be when he gets in the weight room and runs track a little longer, probably a 10.7-10.8.
He ran 11.5 , 11.27, 11.36 after that...kid has average speed.....

I'll definitely swap Taylor for Collins. Yes, please!

I'm still confused about our class cap and whether it's 23 or 24 due to Jarrid Williams and Moise. If it's only 23, I think you only take 2 CBs this class. Maybe there's a Brown for Curtis swap at some point? I'd personally keep it to 2 CBs even if the class cap is 24. Because if we have 1 more counter to give out, back pocket it for either an elite athlete like a James Williams if he wants in, or the best transfer option on the boards (e.g., an OT if there's not enough development behind Williams or a QB if no clear heir apparent emerges behind King).

I'll definitely swap Taylor for Collins. Yes, please!

I'm still confused about our class cap and whether it's 23 or 24 due to Jarrid Williams and Moise. If it's only 23, I think you only take 2 CBs this class. Maybe there's a Brown for Curtis swap at some point? I'd personally keep it to 2 CBs even if the class cap is 24. Because if we have 1 more counter to give out, back pocket it for either an elite athlete like a James Williams if he wants in, or the best transfer option on the boards (e.g., an OT if there's not enough development behind Williams or a QB if no clear heir apparent emerges behind King).
Its 24 now...Moise did not get in so it is 24.

Advertisement
Its 24 now...Moise did not get in so it is 24.

Two clarification questions to unpack here. You’re saying that Jarrid Williams definitely counts against the 2921 class cap, not just the 85 team cap. Correct?

Has the Moise ship sailed and he won’t be a Cane? Or is he likely to transfer after one year and still be counted as a 2021 kid?

... Further, assuming that he still wants in and he’s able to transfer after only one year in the Sun Belt, could he attend just the Fall semester and be with the Canes in January?

Last edited:
so no one is going to talk about how this LB runs a 10.91. Excuse me.
I’ve already brought him up before Troutman committed. They were either going to take Troutman or offer Poole. It wasn’t a popular opinion. He’s a 4.6 on lasers btw.

Advertisement
Back