Discussion: Ivins new mock class

Thanks for what you can say @Cribby given the Cribby Corner thread and all. Sorry if things got so far ahead with everyone salivating on who would pop next. I appreciate what news you can offer given the situation and yes; recruiting is extremely fluid and can change at a moment’s notice.

Advertisement
Not an awful prediction and Daniels comes if Thad heads to big ten country to pound the rock. I think we are fine either way because smith and Yul can carry and catch back there although both are receivers. That’s what happens when you recruit athletes in this scheme

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Can’t get em all and Smith is an unreal football player. He’s the total package. He runs good routes , catches well , great returner , explosive and physical as **** after the catch. I love him as much or more than any slot guy down there.

We’re going to have a top shelf wr core, even if it’s just this three.

Advertisement
Agreed. Adding Thad to Chaney and Knighton would certainly give us a nice change of pace RB that could punish defenses from inside. Then utilize Knighton’s speed on the edges rushing or catching the rock. Would be a great combo to add to the two studs we signed in 2020 class

With the way we play the transfer game is it possible we keep a spot open?
we know the deal with Collins, and everyone Seems to thinks that Curtis is a sure thing to get bumped, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s one of the linebackers.
Outside of QB, the bones of this is class are strong.

If I were to stack rank the kids we know we’re after who won’t drag it out to the end (e.g Williams), I’d say: Taylor, M Brown, B Smith, C Smith.

After that I’m okay with letting Y Brown and Daniels take their time, and if we lose them we lose them.

Obviously you find room for a top QB like Garcia, Williams, Sapp, Marshall and guys like them.

We have to bring in a QB, that QB room is scary after King leaves. If not Garcia, another 1 year rental. Martell may not have worked out but several other top programs succeeded through the portal at this position. Shoulda known Enos was trash the moment Hurts refused to follow him to Miami.

I also think we need another OT. Again, it could be a transfer if Justice can’t find an elite HS kid who wants in. Cannot be a JAG or project as we need someone who can contribute early and McLaughlin is a stud but needs to bake a couple years.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back