Discussion: Ivins new mock class

Zbrod95

Thank God for the Columbus Mafia
QB: Jake Garcia- There’s still belief that he’ll open it up and we’ll be in the driver’s seat

RB: Thad Franklin- expected

RB: Amari Daniels- Aggies still slightly lead

WR: Mello Brinson- expected

WR: JaColby George- Expected

WR: Brashard Smith- In a good spot

WR: Yul Brown- more of a projection

TE: Elijah Arroyo- Expected

TE: Khalil Brantley- Expected

OL: Michael McLaughlin- Expected

OL: Laurence Seymour- Expected

OL: Ryan Rodriguez- Expected

DE: Jabari Ishmael- Expected

DE: Thomas Davis- FSU was late to the party. Kid still has a ton of interest.

DT: Allen Haye- Expected

DT: Leonard Taylor- @Cribby Hedgemaster finally admitted he’s “heard” enough to “suggest” he’s leaning towards UM. Still not enough for a CB.

LB: Deshawne Troutman- Expected

LB: Tyler Johnson- expected

LB: Jacorey Hammett- Expected

CB: Markevious Brown- could be down to us and VT

CB: Tim Burns- Expected

CB: Malik Curtis- Expected

S: Kam Kinchens- Expected

K- Andy Borregales

Notes: Markavious Brown is a great add but it’s not enough for me to overlook the rest of the CB class. Malik shouldn’t be a CB prospect and Duce should take his place. No, James Williams because he does want to see us win and work needs to be done with Jason Marshall even though we’re picking up steam. Same can be said for Tristian Leigh. The one guy I was surprised he considered was Tyreak Sapp. He actually thinks we could get an OV if that’s allowed. Class has enough juice to be top 15.

Advertisement
QB: Jake Garcia- There’s still belief that he’ll open it up and we’ll be in the driver’s seat

RB: Thad Franklin- expected

RB: Amari Daniels- Aggies still slightly lead

WR: Mello Brinson- expected

WR: JaColby George- Expected

WR: Brashard Smith- In a good spot

WR: Yul Brown- more of a projection

TE: Elijah Arroyo- Expected

TE: Khalil Brantley- Expected

OL: Michael McLaughlin- Expected

OL: Laurence Seymour- Expected

OL: Ryan Rodriguez- Expected

DE: Jabari Ishmael- Expected

DE: Thomas Davis- FSU was late to the party. Kid still has a ton of interest.

DT: Allen Haye- Expected

DT: Leonard Taylor- @Cribby Hedgemaster finally admitted he’s “heard” enough to “suggest” he’s leaning towards UM. Still not enough for a CB.

LB: Deshawne Troutman- Expected

LB: Tyler Johnson- expected

LB: Jacorey Hammett- Expected

CB: Markevious Brown- could be down to us and VT

CB: Tim Burns- Expected

CB: Malik Curtis- Expected

S: Kam Kinchens- Expected

K- Andy Borregales

Notes: Markavious Brown is a great add but it’s not enough for me to overlook the rest of the CB class. Malik shouldn’t be a CB prospect and Duce should take his place. No, James Williams because he does want to see us win and work needs to be done with Jason Marshall even though we’re picking up steam. Same can be said for Tristian Leigh. The one guy I was surprised he considered was Tyreak Sapp. He actually thinks we could get an OV if that’s allowed. Class has enough juice to be top 15.

I really want to keep Savion as he fits the plug role for our D Scheme like Ford and Jordan Miller. I’m also intrigued by BSmith and his potential in explosive opportunities in space with that 4.4 speed & agility.

Advertisement
We should really only be taking 3WR after a 5WR class. But i'm not opposed as to taking Smith and Brown and passing on Daniels. They bring a lot of versatility. I'd trade Brown or Daniels for any stud DB or OL though.

I think we’re in play for more top talent than perhaps even Ivins knows. If we get Marshall I’d push out Malik. And that doesn’t include JWill, LT, Sapp, etc. I like Yul but feel it’s a numbers game at this point, the amount left isn’t much at all. Interesting that AI feels Garcia flips to us. Would love to have him competing with TVD although given who our opponent is to open the season in 2021 we may still go the GT route.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think we’re in play for more top talent than perhaps even Ivins knows. If we get Marshall I’d push out Malik. And that doesn’t include JWill, LT, Sapp, etc. I like Yul but feel it’s a numbers game at this point, the amount left isn’t much at all. Interesting that AI feels Garcia flips to us. Would love to have him competing with TVD although given who our opponent is to open the season in 2021 we may still go the GT route.
Malik is an insane KR/PR. So fast. Personally I might make him the 4th WR.

Advertisement
This is my thought. If we don’t get James Williams then we better add Chase Smith. They both are freaks to have at that safety/lb spot.

0fc.gif

Is Chase Smith still a viable option? Is he truly is I wouldn’t take Amari Daniels over him even though 1 plays offense and the other 1 defense. We need to keep stacking high end depth at LB and Chase is that all day. We could utilize Brashad at the RB spot if needed; he’s that multi-functional that we could really use as an offensive weapon.

Advertisement
Back