Discussion: Ivins new mock class

Advertisement
What happened

I just think he’s really good at reading some of these kids when he’s face to face and there’s some type of camp circuit going on.

his last few updates have been vague and non committal, and I think he has been tasked to do other stuff for 247 which could be interfering.

since the pandemic @Cribby has been spot on, Caneville dude and Xavier who runs Footballville seem to know the kids or someone like Cooney and have been spot on and @Liberty City El is always full of great info.
Last few years Ivins seemed to be th only competent Canes guy but he’s Fallen off lately.

If that happens, that’s as good of offensive class we have ever pulled and top 5 in the country. Checks off every position with borderline 4/5 star kids and the depth is straight 4 star ballers. (Offense)

If that happens, that’s as good of offensive class we have ever pulled and top 5 in the country. Checks off every position with borderline 4/5 star kids and the depth is straight 4 star ballers. (Offense)
Agreed. I think we’re going to look back at the 2020/2021 classes as the ones that not only brought explosive play but as well the quality depth we’ve needed for years now. Those two classes in my opinion will be good enough to help us put back to back 10+ win seasons (obviously that would be an undefeated season for 2020 given the loss of games).

We need to get

Leonard Taylor
Brashard Smith
Chase Smith
Flip a QB

put full court press on Jason Marshall - we need that kind of talent at CB

fill the other spots with:
Yulkeith Brown
Savion Collins (still would take because we have way more 3T but need guys that can be 1T.
James Williams would also be a huge get. Can use him all over the D (even if he wants to be S)
Need a 3rd CB if we don’t get Marshall.

We need to close strong with the momentum we’re gathering.

Advertisement
Irvin’s is playing it super safe here. I expect to add another 5 star. Wouldn’t take two backs. What tackles are even available? We may go portal again for another tackle.

How is that class listed above only top 15? Shocked a class like that isn’t top 10
It could be top 10. There’s a big jump right now in the rankings between 8 and 9. likely everyone above 8 stays that way, maybe not Tennessee because their class is so bloated. But jumping above 7 or 8 will be tough, we will likely have 9-11 3* guys.

That’s assuming player rankings stay stagnant, which I think is possible considering there will be minimal camps and possibly no senior seasons.

Advertisement
It could be top 10. There’s a big jump right now in the rankings between 8 and 9. likely everyone above 8 stays that way, maybe not Tennessee because their class is so bloated. But jumping above 7 or 8 will be tough, we will likely have 9-11 3* guys.

That’s assuming player rankings stay stagnant, which I think is possible considering there will be minimal camps and possibly no senior seasons.

Trust me, it’s possible. Like I said there’s big fish left , on and off the radar. That’s why I won’t even give predictions , no need.

Advertisement
Doesn't a shortened season mean no bye weeks? If so, then Covid has been Diaz's best friend and I think we go undefeated to the ACC championship game. Go ahead and put Williams in.

Advertisement
I can’t see Yuk and Daniels are in the class together. Too many possibilities , I wouldn’t be shocked if neither were in. That’s just opinion.
More chance none than both IMO... would be a waste to take both and let Chase Smith go, that kid would be a playmaker in our defense.

Williams would be one. Like I said this is fluid and I know thats cliche with recruiting but it’s true as ever right now. They’re in it for big fish that you know about and some you don’t. So right now they don’t even know the last 6-7.
Is it possible we don’t get a QB?

Advertisement
Back