Discussion at work today - Banning FCS games

What if he played in the IVY, Pioneer, or the Patriot League. None scholarship league. What if he was playing in the SWAC or the MEAC where the players barely even get their books paid for?

Also you do know most FCS players arent even on full athletic scholarships. The whole "Well he wouldnt be in college if it wasnt for football" is by far the dumbest argument and mindset ever. That argument dies when discussing FCS ball.

Jesus your dense. Financial aid is the only reason MOST people can afford to go to school. Partial scholarships is part of that equation.

Advertisement
hes also getting a degree he may not have had without the scholarship. for those kids, they're not playing football to get to the NFL (the kids at UM, Bama, UF, etc are), theyre playing to get their degree and move on with their lives and MAYBE a shot in the league.

Not all of them are on scholarship. Of course they aren't planning on going to the NFL, that makes it even worse. The FCS guys are so much smaller and weaker than the P5 guys it is an injury waiting to happen. Even if they don't get a broken bone or anything the amount of head trauma they rack up in those games is unbelievable.

Jesus your dense. Financial aid is the only reason MOST people can afford to go to school. Partial scholarships is part of that equation.

Jesus your dense. You are STILL MISSING THE POINT but I refuse to commit to a back and forth with you.

Advertisement
NDSU would be a pretty good FBS program but their AD is ***** and wont step up.
There may be more at play here, for one thing to move from FCS to FBS a school has to sponsor at least 16 varsity sports. I don't know how many sports NDSU sponsors but that one reason alone could be why they are unable to make the leap.

Advertisement
What? Competitive with what? Ivy league doesn't offer athletic scholarships at all. They only have need based scholarships for students. I don't even know what you're suggesting with this post. The vast majority of kids who play sports at Ivy league schools come from money, so their parents are footing the bill anyways.
I can tell you as someone who did attend an Ivy League school, most students can not afford the tuition, if not for financial aid there is no way they could attend (myself being one of them). Yes there are kids from very wealthy and old money families but from my experience they were not the majority.

The SWAC and MEAC suck both academically and athletically so the only reason you would go to a school like that is if you really love football and that is the same thing as someone playing for a d3 school.

LOL...tell Tarik Cohen & Marquette King that.

Just 3 years ago, 32 HBCU players made NFL rosters, guarantee there's more HBCU players in the League than Ivy League players.

And BTW, the runner-ups in the FLA & GA gubernatorial races were HBCU grads, FAMU & Spelman College respectively...& Kamala Harris is an HBCU grad (Howard).

I can tell you as someone who did attend an Ivy League school, most students can not afford the tuition, if not for financial aid there is no way they could attend (myself being one of them). Yes there are kids from very wealthy and old money families but from my experience they were not the majority.
I attended an Ivy League school and had the vast majority of my tuition paid through financial aid. I'm purely talking about athletics right now. Most athletes at Ivy League schools are not coming from lower class homes. We're not talking about the student body here. Most kids in general receive some form of financial aid at my alma mater, but when you have kids coming from the top east coast prep schools and LA private schools on the football side, the majority are not receiving huge scholarships.

Nothing wrong with playing them. Something's wrong when they use it in polls, or worst yet, in deciding who goes to the playoffs.

Advertisement
Jesus your dense. You are STILL MISSING THE POINT but I refuse to commit to a back and forth with you.

Lol. There's a least a half dozen people who've made you look foolish on this thread and you continue to provide nothing but conjecture.

Just 3 years ago, 32 HBCU players made NFL rosters, guarantee there's more HBCU players in the League than Ivy League players.

And BTW, the runner-ups in the FLA & GA gubernatorial races were HBCU grads, FAMU & Spelman College respectively...& Kamala Harris is an HBCU grad (Howard).

2nd place in 2 person race is last place lmao.

Advertisement

**** Kamala Harris, your talking about a women who hates Black Men.

LMFAO you name 2 guys to say those schools aren't trash at football? They got more players than Ivys? LMFAO who the fvck thinks the Ivys are good at football?

I was saying you go to the Ivys because you graduate and can get a good job. I can guarantee one Ivy has more Billionaires/politicians than all the HBCUs combined.

So the 2 losers of the gubernatorial races were HBCU grads? LMFAO who gives af. Where did Obama go? Occidental, Harvard, Columbia. Condaliza Rice? Denver and Notre Dame.

Where did Robert F Smith go? The richest black person in America? Cornell and Columbia. Where did Robert L Johnson go? Illinois and Princeton.

You would have to be literally retarded to be able to play football for an Ivy or an HBCU and choose the HBCU.

Advertisement
Back