Disappointed in dline play this year

Advertisement
It was several acc games he took over last year. Y’all just saying that because you hate his mindset/attitude. Kid plays hard.
How in **** you going to tell somebody what they like and not like in somebody. He has a motor he just gets ghost whenever he actually plays a real OL. He hustles but most of the time it’s him chasing down field when most DL stop when the play gets by them

8.5 tackles for loss as a junior (even more than that really, they didn’t credit all of his tackles for loss some games) isn’t good? Nesta was one of the better pass rushing dts in the country last year according to pff too
Which games was this tackles for loss in? UAB and Duke

Advertisement
Outside of Nesta and chantz , I’m very disappointed to say the least. We aren’t generating nearly enough pressure. Got to get that edge back expeditiously
We took the wrong Johnson. If we took Johnson from Georgia our line would be sooooo much better. Instead, we got a jag from Tennessee who just wanted to come home.

Nesta has been ***. He flexes when it’s G5 or FCS, not P5 opponents.
Bro thank you. This whole dline should be on notice anyways. His career here has been a disappointment.

Anytime we get punched in the mouth by a p5 team he’s nowhere to be seen. Since our fans have such short term memory Michigan st comes to mind.

Our pass rush is virtually non-existent currently. You could see this coming if you watched the DLine carefully against OK State in last year's bowl game. DLine went from a major strength to a major weakness in 12 months. Our upperclassmen (other than Nesta) are JAGs.

Ford & Miller are the biggest mysteries to me (look like Tarzan but play like Jane?). Miller put a ton of work in with Feeley. Why isn't there more production on the field. Ford has a huge frame and should be dominating opponents yet the boxscore shows zeros. I'd love to see both show a little more dawg in their game and take it to the next level.

We have young talent on the DLine (LT, Chantz, Elijah, JHH) but they need time to mature, get stronger & perfect their craft. We badly need to recruit elite pass rushers going forward and find another Portal gem or two in the interim. Miami without a fierce DL and pass rush is surreal. Manny badly needs a fierce pass rush for his system to work. A lot of wood to chop to fix this situation.

Our pass rush is virtually non-existent currently. You could see this coming if you watched the DLine carefully against OK State in last year's bowl game. DLine went from a major strength to a major weakness in 12 months. Our upperclassmen (other than Nesta) are JAGs.

Ford & Miller are the biggest mysteries to me (look like Tarzan but play like Jane?). Miller put a ton of work in with Feeley. Why isn't there more production on the field. Ford has a huge frame and should be dominating opponents yet the boxscore shows zeros. I'd love to see both show a little more dawg in their game and take it to the next level.

We have young talent on the DLine (LT, Chantz, Elijah, JHH) but they need time to mature, get stronger & perfect their craft. We badly need to recruit elite pass rushers going forward and find another Portal gem or two in the interim. Miami without a fierce DL and pass rush is surreal. Manny badly needs a fierce pass rush for his system to work. A lot of wood to chop to fix this situation.
Ford and Miller lack explosive strength and technique. They only take up space.

Advertisement
Why is anyone disappointed?

Did you not see this coming with who we lost last year? Even then, it wasn't great, in particular inside. With two edge like we had last year, do you know how easy that should've made it for our DT's?

Maybe you thought because we're more mature we would be better.

It doesn't work that way when what you're left with is average at best players.

Add in what they're asked to do and with what you knew we had at linebacker, I'm not sure how anyone is disappointed. The writing was on the wall last year.

Advertisement
Which games was this tackles for loss in? UAB and Duke
Just Duke or uab huh? He actually had more tackles for loss then this actually if they credited him correctly but they didn’t in most games. This ain’t even counting all of the qb pressures he had. Pff has him graded out as a top 10 dt in pressures
AC696CB2-4F5B-4BFB-A1EC-82D7EDF2E782.jpeg

Last edited:
Advertisement
We might not have enough @ Dline to be elite but we do have enough at Dline to be respectable with good coaching. Simpson should be front and center when it comes to blame. He was part of one of the worst defenses in NFL history while with the falcons and only had one year with the guys Coach Kul’s had primed in Miami.

Just Duke or uab huh? He actually had more tackles for loss then this actually if they credited him correctly but they didn’t in most games. This ain’t even counting all of the qb pressures he had. Pff has him graded out as a top 10 dt in pressures
View attachment 155959
Kid is a average DT with a motor. He is not on the level Willis and Mccintosh was. Considering Miami was 1 of the teams who almost played an entire year compared to most teams in America. His numbers will look good

Kid is a average DT with a motor. He is not on the level Willis and Mccintosh was. Considering Miami was 1 of the teams who almost played an entire year compared to most teams in America. His numbers will look good
You just said he wasn’t productive and it only came against a lower level school and Duke make up your mind… mcintosh wasn’t that much better than him and willis was on a completely different level than both

You just said he wasn’t productive and it only came against a lower level school and Duke make up your mind… mcintosh wasn’t that much better than him and willis was on a completely different level than both
I know numbers don’t lie but they also can be misleading. When did this TFL come in the game? Watching the game I always see him getting blown off the ball. He gets ghost when he actually plays a real OL. I guess we will see Thursday night

Advertisement
Back