Disappointed in dline play this year

Advertisement
Outside of Nesta and chantz , I’m very disappointed to say the least. We aren’t generating nearly enough pressure. Got to get that edge back expeditiously
What did u expect look at the fuqin names on the DL and how we recruited. I said we would have no pass rush and everyone was talking Harvey based off of HS film when he hasn't shown no burst off the line. They won't get that much pressure all year.

What did u expect look at the fuqin names on the DL and how we recruited. I said we would have no pass rush and everyone was talking Harvey based off of HS film when he hasn't shown no burst off the line. They won't get that much pressure all year.
Which is why I think they should at least put those bigger bodies on the end. If we can't apply pressure on the QB, then at least put guys in that will help out with the outside run game. Right now, we don't have guys doing either.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He has dissappointed more than Mccloud. Him and Deandre Johnson. PPL sh*t on Mccloud but he has looked better than both of those guys at DE.

They need a portal guy AGAIN this class....a ready to play ...improve his draft stock guy at DT or DE

He has dissappointed more than Mccloud. Him and Deandre Johnson. PPL sh*t on Mccloud but he has looked better than both of those guys at DE.

They need a portal guy AGAIN this class....a ready to play ...improve his draft stock guy at DT or DE
No matter who is the HC this offseason, we need the portal to provide some key guys on both sides of the ball. In other words, we need guys that have been properly trained somewhere else, so they can help with our own players who have not been adequately trained.

Which is why I think they should at last put those bigger bodies on the end. If we can't apply pressure on the QB, then at least put guys in that will help out with the outside run game. Right now, we don't have guys doing either.
Elijah Roberts needs to play more at END. (He played it yesterday) ...and dare i say one of Q Williams or JHH should get some DE work on early downs at END. hARVEY AND THE REST OF THE DE crew are light in the ***....

I played LT in college as an undersize guy...think Scaife for us (Scaife weighed more than did) I honestly think i would have no problem blocking the Harvey's, Johnson, Mcclouds of the world on run downs or passrush.

Advertisement
Elijah Roberts needs to play more at END. (He played it yesterday) ...and dare i say one of Q Williams or JHH should get some DE work on early downs at END. hARVEY AND THE REST OF THE DE crew are light in the ***....

I played LT in college as an undersize guy...think Scaife for us (Scaife weighed more than did) I honestly think i would have no problem blocking the Harvey's, Johnson, Mcclouds of the world on run downs or passrush.
Yep. Everything you said.

Again, if we're gonna suck at pass rushing, then at least shore up the outside run D. No reason to suck at both and wish things were different.

They were lucky to land Phillips and have G15 be who he was. Other than that everything on that DL has been shut. We have Simpson who could teach but u need to be able to recruit. If u can't do that find someone else who can. Diaz is fuqed that hire and his recruiting cost him this job. And the SEC is now going hard after portal guys like the LB from Tennessee.....Diaz blew it with his first two classes and now he will be looking for a job as expected after this season. Just watch the next HC first recruiting class and I'll tell u if he's looking for a new job in three years

McCloud gets ragged but those other guys have been str8 ***.

Advertisement
Advertisement
They were lucky to land Phillips and have G15 be who he was. Other than that everything on that DL has been shut. We have Simpson who could teach but u need to be able to recruit. If u can't do that find someone else who can. Diaz is fuqed that hire and his recruiting cost him this job. And the SEC is now going hard after portal guys like the LB from Tennessee.....Diaz blew it with his first two classes and now he will be looking for a job as expected after this season. Just watch the next HC first recruiting class and I'll tell u if he's looking for a new job in three years

McCloud gets ragged but those other guys have been str8 ***.
They werent lucky with Phillips.
1.) He didnt look like that at UCLA. Dare i say he developed here in our scheme with his physical talent. He came here honestly looking like a tall walk on.

2.) GR15 was all Manny Diaz and a find by him. The one real recruiting positive he has ever had. lol

I agree with everything else you said. We have to continue to get the Leonard Taylor's of the world and they dont have to be fromS.FLA go out and find the size....because im not all much of a fan of recruiting 245-250 pd DE's and hoping they put on prerequisite weight in becoming a 3 tech here...maybe for one or 2 guys every 3 classes. But we ae starting to become smaler on the DL.

People cry about Jon Ford or Miller playing....but guess what...they are 1 techs. They dont even play th same spot as Leonard Taylor. ...and they are only the true big guys we have no matter how sorry they are...they may be the only two that can possibly handle a double team block or hold a gap...EVERY ONE ELSE gets rode out of gaps or ran up field play by play at dt and i mean everybody.

Y’all got to stop with the d end 280 pounds plus nonsense. We haven’t fielded a dend that big since diaz has been here and many colleges don’t do that in a traditional 4-3 defense
Agreed on your previous post, but disagree on this one. Just because others aren't currently doing a thing isn't a reason not to do it if it works. The key is, it has to work. We don't have a lot to lose at this point, so why not try it out?

Last edited:
They werent lucky with Phillips.
1.) He didnt look like that at UCLA. Dare i say he developed here in our scheme with his physical talent. He came here honestly looking like a tall walk on.

2.) GR15 was all Manny Diaz and a find by him. The one real recruiting positive he has ever had. lol

I agree with everything else you said. We have to continue to get the Leonard Taylor's of the world and they dont have to be fromS.FLA go out and find the size....because im not all much of a fan of recruiting 245-250 pd DE's and hoping they put on prerequisite weight in becoming a 3 tech here...maybe for one or 2 guys every 3 classes. But we ae starting to become smaler on the DL.

People cry about Jon Ford or Miller playing....but guess what...they are 1 techs. They dont even play th same spot as Leonard Taylor. ...and they are only the true big guys we have no matter how sorry they are...they may be the only two that can possibly handle a double team block or hold a gap...EVERY ONE ELSE gets rode out of gaps or ran up field play by play at dt and i mean everybody.
I remember me and u excited af about Phillips cause of the burst. We were just waiting to see if he put that on the field cause his HS film screamed first round type talent.

Advertisement
Back