Dionte Mullins...Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a former player, this goes on everywhere, especially within elite programs. Just watch when we start to load up on talent, the coaching staff must effective communicate with competition. For example, Cager was getting a lot of burn but was not performing, and I think because he was still not 100%. Richards was not healthy, and made bad plays, but still getting a lot of burn. Mullins has been open, but the ball going somewhere else.

If social media was back in the day, we would understand that this goes on all the time. I agree, Mullins should not use this type of approach to air his concerns. Mullins is a top wide receiver, and I like his energy during the games. CMR should suspend him a game to send a message to the team, and WR coach must not use players who are not ready nor producing. Regardless of who you are, multiple drops in a game...next man up.

I'd be interested to see how pervasive this toxic behavior is at Alabaga where they're 3 deep with 5 stars all over the roster. I'm pretty sure building a championship team requires swift management/processing of cancerous attitudes.

Advertisement
Competition is getting real for snaps at WR... Production is paramount. All these cats have had their chance at receptions both at practice and in games... you got to produce at both. Not only that, our WR's play a huge part in blocking down field. Lastly, If you don't know your plays, you ain't going to see the field. The recipe ain't NO secret...

Who exactly should he play over ?

I saw an interview with Saban where he told the reporter how he handles situations like this. When a kid comes to him demanding/or voicing concerns over playing time, he'll ask the kid who he thinks he should earn playing time over.

My question to Mullins is, out of the following receivers who've seemed to have passed him up on the depth chart, who are you better than?

Berrios
Richards
JT
Harley
Langham

Langham has bailed us out against FSU and GT. I'm almost certain that if anyone should be mad about not getting many passes thrown his way, its him (Rosier did target him a couple of times against VT irrc).

Sadly, I think Mullins may find himself as an attrition candidate with the 3 receivers we're bringing in and we're only losing Berrios after this season.

Harley was out this game..which is why he probably expected more reps. He played alot of reps here and there during this season..then a wr goes down and he didnt add on any reps. Simple...do what saban does and see who he should get reps over?. I mean i like that he just wants to play...just shouldnt have posted online...coach also shouldnt be soft and should of just handled it when dude came to ask h im about it.

I think he was getting a lot more reps because Richards was out and then limited. Now that he is playing most of the snaps Mullins is going to have to find his snaps elsewhere.

As a former player, this goes on everywhere, especially within elite programs. Just watch when we start to load up on talent, the coaching staff must effective communicate with competition. For example, Cager was getting a lot of burn but was not performing, and I think because he was still not 100%. Richards was not healthy, and made bad plays, but still getting a lot of burn. Mullins has been open, but the ball going somewhere else.

If social media was back in the day, we would understand that this goes on all the time. I agree, Mullins should not use this type of approach to air his concerns. Mullins is a top wide receiver, and I like his energy during the games. CMR should suspend him a game to send a message to the team, and WR coach must not use players who are not ready nor producing. Regardless of who you are, multiple drops in a game...next man up.

I'd be interested to see how pervasive this toxic behavior is at Alabaga where they're 3 deep with 5 stars all over the roster. I'm pretty sure building a championship team requires swift management/processing of cancerous attitudes.

Chise, I dont know if you remember this, but late in the 1993 season I read that the younger players were really complaining about playing time, etc, and being a headache. Sports Illustrated, IIRC, wrote about it during the spring of the following year, on how Dennis Erickson was trying to bounce back from a down season and regain control of the program.

I knew right then it was already too late - he had lost it.

You dont nip these things in the bud early and with some real action, these things can mushroom

Advertisement
Ah **** I think he is gone...

[TWEET]927574075958013952[/TWEET]

I'd bet good money Satan would process Mullins in under 24 hours if he pulled that **** at Bama.

Mullins and Cager need to turn into F ing dogs on the pratice field and bring it to games. That's the only way they are going to see any PT... they needs to stop this pretty boy chit and start getting after it. Got ****, just look at the way little freakin Berrios plays!!!

agree. wish he would have kept it off social media. sucks. kicking him off the team feels harsh.

Advertisement

Chise, I dont know if you remember this, but late in the 1993 season I read that the younger players were really complaining about playing time, etc, and being a headache. Sports Illustrated, IIRC, wrote about it during the spring of the following year, on how Dennis Erickson was trying to bounce back from a down season and regain control of the program.

I knew right then it was already too late - he had lost it.

You dont nip these things in the bud early and with some real action, these things can mushroom

You get it. You let players start yapping about not getting PT and try to call out the staff publicly, you have situations where other players can start doing the same thing and it manifests into something bigger. Jimmy in the 80's didn't allow it to get to that point. That's the thing with player coaches like Ericskon (he was called this in the U part 1 doc). They let the players dictate what goes on in the locker room and the culture of the team.

0f486e1bbd6f50df89e0a2940b30e438.jpg

Advertisement

agree. wish he would have kept it off social media. sucks. kicking him off the team feels harsh.

Not sure if that's what happened, but definitely not harsh. He went outside the family. You don't do that, especially at such a critical time. You got a problem, keep it in-house and raise it with the coaches behind closed doors.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yep he is wilding right now..Really surprised by this from him. Comes off as selfish and someone who is not about the team.

View attachment 53310

View attachment 53311

Help a guy who is apparently out of touch with kids these days... what does... when you tell a couch about himself mean?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

oh you think players didnt do this 40 years ago?? only difference is now we have social media

I remember watching one of our young players, a well-regarded young player from Texas, complaining outside the OB about lack of playing time in that night's game. He was gone, but probably because of a criminal charge later on. Kids did complain 25-30 years ago, I guess. Whether he was just a bad character kid all around, I don't know. I suspect he might not have pointed the door but for the criminal charge. I think he would have settled down and earned more playing time.

Wow. Axed. What a huge message by Mark Richt.

I wish the kid well and hope he finds a place somewhere, but I'd be lying if I told you I wasn't happy he's gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back