Dingle decommits

He's definitely not a burner. I'll never have him run deep routes but the kid runs pretty good routes and is physical. Does the staff have to drop him? We need players that can actually catch. Not saying he's Aquan Boldin but I seen Aquan make a lot of money running short routes, catching everything and being aggressive. If we drop him, kid would do well in any conference especially pass happy conferences like the Big 12 and Pac 12. To a lesser extent the Mac and C-USA. I like the kid, he's a great ball player. He can be a good compliment to Richards.

See you are attributing qualities to the kid that just aren't there. He had problems with drops this year according to reports. Second it's not appropriate to compare him to Boldin either. While Boldin wasn't a blazer he was a top level athlete. Dingle will muscle his way to a tough catch here and there but he isn't jumping out the roof though. His go to at the next level would be the slant as his strength would give him that route more often than not but otherwise he would be fairly limited.

I didn't know he struggled with drops but does he have a history with that? I always thought his hands was his best attributes. Boldin was an elite athlete I'll give you that. You are right. However, you're talking about fringe HOF/perenial pro bowl Boldin. This kid is 18. He has good athleticism. The kid runs good routes to make plays. He'll run a lot of short and intermediate routes. He isn't trash and personally I don't think we have to drop him. You need that physicality at the wideout spot. You're talking as if he's trash. He has some really good attributes. Now we should definitely get a speedster at wideout. Someone to take the top off the defense. He also needs to work on his concentration if he battled drops this year.

Advertisement
He's definitely not a burner. I'll never have him run deep routes but the kid runs pretty good routes and is physical. Does the staff have to drop him? We need players that can actually catch. Not saying he's Aquan Boldin but I seen Aquan make a lot of money running short routes, catching everything and being aggressive. If we drop him, kid would do well in any conference especially pass happy conferences like the Big 12 and Pac 12. To a lesser extent the Mac and C-USA. I like the kid, he's a great ball player. He can be a good compliment to Richards.

See you are attributing qualities to the kid that just aren't there. He had problems with drops this year according to reports. Second it's not appropriate to compare him to Boldin either. While Boldin wasn't a blazer he was a top level athlete. Dingle will muscle his way to a tough catch here and there but he isn't jumping out the roof though. His go to at the next level would be the slant as his strength would give him that route more often than not but otherwise he would be fairly limited.

I didn't know he struggled with drops but does he have a history with that? I always thought his hands was his best attributes. Boldin was an elite athlete I'll give you that. You are right. However, you're talking about fringe HOF/perenial pro bowl Boldin. This kid is 18. He has good athleticism. The kid runs good routes to make plays. He'll run a lot of short and intermediate routes. He isn't trash and personally I don't think we have to drop him. You need that physicality at the wideout spot. You're talking as if he's trash. He has some really good attributes. Now we should definitely get a speedster at wideout. Someone to take the top off the defense. He also needs to work on his concentration if he battled drops this year.

There should be a wide gulf between "trash" and a UM WR. I don't think Dingle is trash, but he's a minus athlete. Look at his high jump number. Dude jumps like our old AD Paul Dee. UM should be able to turn away good WRs like Dingle with minus athleticism. We shouldn't be recruiting like UCF.

Dayal Harris is a decent WR. But I told the dudes who were all excited about him last year that Old **** wouldn't have kicked him out for minor infractions if he was a high level player. He's a guy with athleticism similar to Dingle. He'll make a catch here and there, but we need to be better than that at WR. And we won't get there signing 4.9 forty guys with 28 inch verts.

Yall know who else Vern said was slow and average? Mark Walton...

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Slightly above average but i admitted he has gotten faster..... but hes not elite or special

Bro, stop being a pu&&Y and admit when you're wrong.

Wrong about what? You think Walton is elite and special? I dont...besides this is not a bash Walton thread this is a we need to sign elite receivers thread like Jeudy. Dingle is a consolation prize...and yea he probably will be better then Dayall Harris but we need elite gus to become elite... I remember when half the **** on thi site thought Dayall Harris would be the leading reciever on this team even though his tape screamed JAG amd Ole MIss released him for minor infractions.. DIngle is not elite sorry if I want the best WR's, I apologize to the board fpr wanting better receivers

At best we'd end up with 4 other receivers which still leaves room for this kid. And you know **** well how unlikely it is that we get Jeudy or Smith let alone both. I get your argument about speed, but we still need more guys and this one will work. Also, "move the chains" isn't code for "slow", it's code for "dude who isn't a burner but can be trusted to get open and catch the ball. Not sure why that's a bad thing. As I've said before, the time for arguing about this kid is when we're full up with speedy receivers. Until then you have to fill the roster.

Yall know who else Vern said was slow and average? Mark Walton...

Slightly above average but i admitted he has gotten faster..... but hes not elite or special

Bro, stop being a pu&&Y and admit when you're wrong.

Wrong about what? You think Walton is elite and special? I dont...besides this is not a bash Walton thread this is a we need to sign elite receivers thread like Jeudy. Dingle is a consolation prize...and yea he probably will be better then Dayall Harris but we need elite gus to become elite... I remember when half the **** on thi site thought Dayall Harris would be the leading reciever on this team even though his tape screamed JAG amd Ole MIss released him for minor infractions.. DIngle is not elite sorry if I want the best WR's, I apologize to the board fpr wanting better receivers

At best we'd end up with 4 other receivers which still leaves room for this kid. And you know **** well how unlikely it is that we get Jeudy or Smith let alone both. I get your argument about speed, but we still need more guys and this one will work. Also, "move the chains" isn't code for "slow", it's code for "dude who isn't a burner but can be trusted to get open and catch the ball. Not sure why that's a bad thing. As I've said before, the time for arguing about this kid is when we're full up with speedy receivers. Until then you have to fill the roster.
Exactly. Why does it have to be either, or with Dingle. Their is no in between?

Advertisement

I'm not calling him trash whatsoever. I even have called him a take because of uncertainty of the WR class when we need numbers. Still everything I have said about the kid has been accurate. He isn't a Miami level kid and if we ever wanna get back to being elite these are the type of kids that should be plan B at best for us. On the other hand poster after poster has engaged in hyperbole about the kid. One person compar e him to Jarvis Landry with his main argument being he ran that slow time a long time ago therefore he will easily improve that time. Other poster have mentioned his hands when our very own Ariz has stated he has struggled with drops all year. Lastly, and don't take it personally but you called him Boldin. Brah, he ain't Boldin.

This has been blind rationalization about the kid for a minute know because he throws up the U and talks **** online. Remember Kevin Nelson? Dopes on this site were saying how we stole him from Urban and how he was such a bad *** and all they had to ride on was the fact he talked ****. In the end the tape didn't lie, dude was hot trash. Now Dingle isn't hot trash but he is nowhere as good as people make him out to be. He ain't Hurns and he ain't Hankerson. Those two had decent tape and their talent jumped out.

I'm not calling him trash whatsoever. I even have called him a take because of uncertainty of the WR class when we need numbers. Still everything I have said about the kid has been accurate. He isn't a Miami level kid and if we ever wanna get back to being elite these are the type of kids that should be plan B at best for us. On the other hand poster after poster has engaged in hyperbole about the kid. One person compar e him to Jarvis Landry with his main argument being he ran that slow time a long time ago therefore he will easily improve that time. Other poster have mentioned his hands when our very own Ariz has stated he has struggled with drops all year. Lastly, and don't take it personally but you called him Boldin. Brah, he ain't Boldin.

This has been blind rationalization about the kid for a minute know because he throws up the U and talks **** online. Remember Kevin Nelson? Dopes on this site were saying how we stole him from Urban and how he was such a bad *** and all they had to ride on was the fact he talked ****. In the end the tape didn't lie, dude was hot trash. Now Dingle isn't hot trash but he is nowhere as good as people make him out to be. He ain't Hurns and he ain't Hankerson. Those two had decent tape and their talent jumped out.

I think the kid is good. I should not have brought up Boldin. However, I think the kid is a good ball player that can contribute here. I never thought he was Hank or Hurns. I recall both players recruitment and I liked them both. Both were faster than Dingle (Believe during their pro days they ran a high 4.4). Kid obviously isn't Boldin but I have seen players with limited speed make plays on the collegiate level. I feel he could do the same. He can run good routes, he's physical and before the inconsisties were stated about drops he was known for his hands (at least that is what I thought). He doesn't have to be "dropped" we just need to recruit more speed. I am the last person to exaggerate our players. I have been saying we lack speed for about 4 years now. Our wideouts are slow, but I think we can still keep Dingle and address those issues.

LOL Kevin Nelson WOW !!! What a blast from the past!!! Remember the rap song he made? DUde had that dog in him it was straight fiya!!! Glad a crooting vet can come on here and set these dudes straight!! And as I recall Anquan Boldin was Mr. Florida in Football..The comparison is laughable...I cant believe he is still playing , almost had a few brawls back at FSU against him on the Leach Basketball courts back in the days...

I asked a few of my kids who played against him they all said he is strong as ****, jumps over everybody to make plays, but is slow...They all said they dont see how he gets behind DB's but he does... ID rather have him over another JUCO flameout though

Last edited:
Advertisement
Kudos to the staff for disrespecting this kid. Hope it blows up in their face.

LOL Kevin Nelson WOW !!! What a blast from the past!!! Remember the rap song he made? DUde had that dog in him it was straight fiya!!! Glad a crooting vet can come on here and set these dudes straight!! And as I recall Anquan Boldin was Mr. Florida in Football..The comparison is laughable...I cant believe he is still playing , almost had a few brawls back at FSU against him on the Leach Basketball courts back in the days...

I asked a few of my kids who played against him they all said he is strong as ****, jumps over everybody to make plays, but is slow...They all said they dont see how he gets behind DB's but he does... ID rather have him over another JUCO flameout though

Oh **** he's got the FSU seal of approval.

Bail on this kid pronto.

Advertisement
I am not thrilled with Dingles numbers. Having said that I would rather have him running routes over Berrios. I don't think Berrios should even be on the team. We missed on JJ. Missed on Smith. Sign this dude and we have an upgrade over Berrios IMO. We need to improve at WR and I think Dingle would be a step up over Berrios. We need to offer him to get better.

I am not thrilled with Dingles numbers. Having said that I would rather have him running routes over Berrios. I don't think Berrios should even be on the team. We missed on JJ. Missed on Smith. Sign this dude and we have an upgrade over Berrios IMO. We need to improve at WR and I think Dingle would be a step up over Berrios. We need to offer him to get better.

You should tell Berrios that

Advertisement

You should tell Berrios that

Yeah, not a fan of numbers anymore after Berrios. He broke records as far as shuttle drills and all that other **** at the opening. He was an athletic beast. That hasn't translated to the field. Give me someone who can ball, which Dingle looks to fit that mold.

Advertisement
Back