Dingle decommits

People are gonna bash me for saying this but Dingle's recruitment is a perfect example of why the fans who use the "stay home and rep the 305 or you're a traitor" line of thinking is just way off base. Here you have a local kid who committed early to UM to rep his hometown and never wavered and both the coaching staff and the fan base couldn't care less about pushing him out the door as they chase higher rated kids. Now is there anything wrong with that? No, the staff should be trying to get the best kids possible no matter where they're from. And likewise kids have to do what's best for them. There are plenty of local kids who want to play at Miami who don't get the time of day because they aren't deemed good enough or who commit and get pushed out the door later like Dingle is but no one has anything to say about hometown loyalty then. There's no loyalty on either side.

UM isn't obligated to take every local guy who wants to play here. Dingle wasn't good enough.

I agree. And likewise local ballas have no obligation to stay 'home' if they find better opportunities elsewhere. Because let's be honest, if they couldn't play football really well no one on this board or elsewhere would care about them. It's a business decision for both sides. Kids should take all their visits to cover their *** and staffs should recruit as many kids as possible to cover theirs.

They don't have an obligation to play for the home team, but they can accomplish anything here that they can accomplish anywhere else. So the business decision line of **** is unpersuasive. That talk would hold water if UM was a G5 program like FIU or FAU or if UM had no recent history of championships.

That "business decision" is merely rhetoric invented by mercenary turds. If you opt to shun the local program you're more than likely a ****, and that's especially true if you're a black kid who opts for a kkk hotbed like TusKKKaloosa.

I think Miami is as good a choice as any now because Richt is a good coach and you guys have tons of PT to offer in some spots. But tradition doesn't really mean anything big picture. UF has a history of having explosive offenses but I wouldn't recommend any offensive recruit go there now based on that history, they're a dumpster fire currently. Likewise it probably made more sense for guys like Cooper and Ridley to go to Bama instead of Miami when Golden was still at the helm. Even though in theory they could have still had decent results at Miami it was clearly a better business decision to go to Bama, pay for play notwithstanding.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back