Dingle decommits

The thing that bothers me about this one is that most of the fans on the boards liked him as a take. Ones that we have liked in the past that the staff didn't like have gone on to excel elsewhere. I can't remember the names so somebody fill the blanks.
-The CB from Carol City Golden jerked around until late then he lost interest.
-The LB who excelled at South Carolina
I know it doesn't make sense and the staff are the pro's but I get the feeling we're going to regret this one too.

Advertisement
I understand that decomms happen, but why were guys like him, Rodney Scott, gamble offered to begin with? Why give a kid a commutable offer then chop his legs off 6 months later?! Dugan's has no ****** clue. Evidence knoju from motha ****** NJ!

Wonder if The Dugans contact after the state championship was a "hey, congrats on the ship!!!! But, sorry man, unfortunately we don't have a spot for you in this class...all the best"

This is why reporting they had contact was dumb. Miami was not taking him no matter what.

Why would the staff not communicate that with the kid?

because they don't want him and ceasing communication to signal that is pretty commonplace in recruiting?

I understand that decomms happen, but why were guys like him, Rodney Scott, gamble offered to begin with? Why give a kid a commutable offer then chop his legs off 6 months later?! Dugan's has no ****in clue. Evidence knoju from motha ****in NJ!

David njoku from New Jersey and he's the most physically gifted player on the roster

Advertisement
I understand that decomms happen, but why were guys like him, Rodney Scott, gamble offered to begin with? Why give a kid a commutable offer then chop his legs off 6 months later?! Dugan's has no ****in clue. Evidence knoju from motha ****in NJ!

David njoku from New Jersey and he's the most physically gifted player on the roster

evidence is faster than those guys. Richt wants speed. he isnt about wasting schollys. Dingle looks like TE is his HS tape yet people think he's a stud?

I actually like Evidence, I think he'll do really well. Sad thing is, your evaluation of certain recruits flat out sucks. I remember you saying the same thing about David Njoku calling him a Jersey special. You certainly looked foolish on that one.

But I will admit, I'm starting to get really concerned with Dugan's ability to recruit. Especially considering the year Coley and Richards just had along with the immediate playing time that's available. We should be beating kids away from this situation and have the ability to cherry pick. I won't lose my **** just yet. But it's looking like we're not getting Smith (even though he's been quiet about his recruitment). Also, people keep mentioning Deejay Dallas playing receiver, but we have no clue on what he's going to play when he gets here.

Advertisement

Dingle, Scott, and Gamble were all committed under the previous staff. IIRC, Richt made a policy of honoring all offers from his predecessors, but obviously didn't push too hard for certain kids (fairly standard practice for new coaches). I'd imagine that the message was, "We'll accept your commitment if you choose to sign with us, but we don't see you having a big role in the team, so it's in your best interest to look around."

In other words, this isn't on Dugans necessarily. But I still think Dingle would have been a solid addition to the class. He plays faster than his timed speed and bigger than his size. With respect to Njoku, he's got a much higher ceiling than Dingle does IMO.

Dingle, Scott, and Gamble were all committed under the previous staff. IIRC, Richt made a policy of honoring all offers from his predecessors, but obviously didn't push too hard for certain kids (fairly standard practice for new coaches). I'd imagine that the message was, "We'll accept your commitment if you choose to sign with us, but we don't see you having a big role in the team, so it's in your best interest to look around."

In other words, this isn't on Dugans necessarily. But I still think Dingle would have been a solid addition to the class. He plays faster than his timed speed and bigger than his size. With respect to Njoku, he's got a much higher ceiling than Dingle does IMO.

No need to lie.

Scott committed to Miami on March 7th
Dingle committed to on March 19th

FWIW, neither should have been takes in the 1st place. Both are nice players but aren't the type of athletes that we should have at WR

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back