Dijon Johnson, CB (OSU de-commit)

Advertisement
From Bill Kurelic, OSu main 247 reporter within the hour:

1) The Buckeyes landed a commitment from Tampa (Fla.) Wharton cornerback Dijon Johnson on April 17. However he decommitted on July 30. But Johnson has remained interested in Ohio State and the Buckeyes have continued to recruit him.

2) Johnson has been talking with those in his circle and getting advice. He also is being recruited by a number of Ohio State commitments. The Buckeyes are making a strong play to get Johnson back in the fold. Florida and Miami are also continuing to recruit Johnson. There has been chatter that Johnson is no longer in contact with any school other than Ohio State, but at least Florida is still in contact with him.

3) I was told earlier this afternoon by a source familiar with Johnson that he “loves Ohio State.” I was also told Johnson is expected to talk to Ryan Day today.

4) Johnson wants to finalize a decision soon, and that could come today, but it is not 100% certain to happen today. Tony Alford and Tim Walton are doing a great job recruiting Johnson. Things are trending to Ohio State, but as a source told me just before this update, a final decision has not yet been made.

5) Ohio State now being allowed to offer travel expenses for families to travel to their games helps the situation. Johnson “seems close” to finalizing a decision, but wants to talk to some that advise him as well as Day today. Stay tuned…

1) The Buckeyes landed a commitment from Tampa (Fla.) Wharton cornerback Dijon Johnson on April 17. However he decommitted on July 30. But Johnson has remained interested in Ohio State and the Buckeyes have continued to recruit him.

2) Johnson has been talking with those in his circle and getting advice. He also is being recruited by a number of Ohio State commitments. The Buckeyes are making a strong play to get Johnson back in the fold. Florida and Miami are also continuing to recruit Johnson. There has been chatter that Johnson is no longer in contact with any school other than Ohio State, but at least Florida is still in contact with him.

3) I was told earlier this afternoon by a source familiar with Johnson that he “loves Ohio State.” I was also told Johnson is expected to talk to Ryan Day today.

4) Johnson wants to finalize a decision soon, and that could come today, but it is not 100% certain to happen today. Tony Alford and Tim Walton are doing a great job recruiting Johnson. Things are trending to Ohio State, but as a source told me just before this update, a final decision has not yet been made.

5) Ohio State now being allowed to offer travel expenses for families to travel to their games helps the situation. Johnson “seems close” to finalizing a decision, but wants to talk to some that advise him as well as Day today. Stay tuned…
Wait how is OSU now allowed to offer travel expenses for families to travel to games? Is this some new rule that started in the last 7 days since he decommitted? He is also all over the place here. He goes from there is only contact with OSU to at just UF is still in contact in the same sentence.

Last edited:
Bama going to struggle big time no matter who they get. They can get an x and I guy look good early cause of Sabans players. But if they don't recruit (especially NFL types) they are going down the toilet. I gurantee that **** sinks big time within three to four years. Unless they get a monster recruiter which they won't get.
Brah every great team seem like they would go on forever. Remember how UF drop like a bad habit after Urban. Saban is the goat and its not close for both his longevity and his ability to adapt. They would have to sacrifice something to some unknown God to get another coach right after who is just like him

Advertisement
Advertisement

Someone explain 5 to me and how it’s legal

If this dude was pushing on NIL and way more up front money than maybe they feel comfortable for him and what they perceive his incoming talent warrants it’s understandable

Advertisement
According to what I’ve heard in spaces and what I’ve read on message boards. Dijon met with Day today. Dijon wanted to recommit. Day asked him if he was willing to shut it down and Dijon told him no. Day said no thanks then.

According to what I’ve heard in spaces and what I’ve read on message boards. Dijon met with Day today. Dijon wanted to recommit. Day asked him if he was willing to shut it down and Dijon told him no. Day said no thanks then.
Then just don't commit. I'm with Day on this. If you're still open then you're not committing. That's okay, but pick a lane kid

Advertisement
Seems the story is some version of his girlfriend is pregnant and he wants to be closer to home... He really wants to be at OSU, according to their site and there is some kind of "travel fund" as part of an enhanced NIL package that was offered. He talked to Day today but it's being reported he wouldn't agree to totally shut it down so Day said thanks but no thanks...

UF thinks they are the default location because they are close to his home. Bill Kurelic, the OSU writer, thinks nothing will be final until both sides have a day or two to think things out....

Then just don't commit. I'm with Day on this. If you're still open then you're not committing. That's okay, but pick a lane kid
whats crazy is this (definitely before Mario and maybe even still) would've automatically eliminated Miami in this kids eyes, but for OSU they'll
probably just secure his commitment after the visits. If he still has a spot

Advertisement
Back