Difference Makers

I’ve posted a variation on this thread like 2 times already.

Miami lacks and has lacked blue chippers for a dozen years.

Lots to be said about the SFL diamond in the rough. But this isn’t 2003 — we are seeing great prospects identified pretty early on.

Diaz wasn’t good. Richt was checked out. But it’s about players.

We have had maybe 5 top 5 players at their position in a decade.

Bama gets 3 of those a YEAR.

It’s not just coaching that gets you to 8-4ish every year.

We have had NO SECONDARY player worth a big god**** in 10 years.

We haven’t had a really good LB since Sean Spence.

This is issue #1.

It’s great to have depth. But we haven’t really had any elite players in half a dozen years.

Look at the roster now. I see a lot of borderline NFL draft picks but where are the kids you say, unless he blows both knees out he’s going first round?

No One on DL. No WR. No LB. No Rb. Maybe the QB. No Corner. No OL. Maybe a safety.

Not Good Enough.

Advertisement

Lots to be said about the SFL diamond in the rough. But this isn’t 2003 — we are seeing great prospects identified pretty early on.

This is issue #1.

It’s great to have depth. But we haven’t really had any elite players in half a dozen years.

Look at the roster now. I see a lot of borderline NFL draft picks but where are the kids you say, unless he blows both knees out he’s going first round?

No One on DL. No WR. No LB. No Rb. Maybe the QB. No Corner. No OL. Maybe a safety.

Not Good Enough.
Denzel Perryman was a pretty good LB but overall you are right

Advertisement
I think AR82 was on his way to being one of CFBs best, but yes agree with you overall. It’s no secret that we have lacked real difference makers big time.

We have one now though, and he plays the sports most important position.

You know I respect your takes. The problem is QB is just a really up and down position. You need the consistent elite help around them to smooth out the variation.

I mean Clemson won 10 games last year with somebody who can’t throw a football.

Advertisement

This is issue #1.

Not Good Enough.
You were doing really well and making a lot of sense there up until this comment right here. If you have to say maybe for TVD going first round then you should just quit watching football altogether.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don’t mean to stir up the nest. I really liked a lot of these players. Sheldrick Redwine didn’t scare an OC. Artie Burns didn’t get shown pre-show as a game breaker.

C’mon now. I’ve watched UM football for 40 years. Those kids don’t move the needle
I mean look at who outperformed us in this past week’s NFL Draft:

769A232E-840D-4076-850B-EB6397A1F7F5.jpeg
C5F2D449-579D-443A-B761-37BE24DCE0C6.jpeg
A3B4A33A-2FEE-4548-AEA0-87A9BFE838E0.jpeg
E8184367-9CEA-4833-9A08-57241F923067.jpeg

We did as well as these schools and others we should do better than…

CFE60790-3EBD-41E9-AD3F-D45EB6296BB0.jpeg

So did we choose the wrong 4 stars? Part of it has to be development but still.

Last edited:
The kids that weren’t drafted, are UFA because of their off the field habits. As much as everyone wants to discuss their measurable’s, the NFL does it’s homework. They’re as concerned with what they do after and away from the games, as they are with the between the lines. When it’s between two similar kids, you can rest assured the one that’s loves football more than clubbing and the activities that come with that ALWAYS win. They all were passed over for the same reasons kids don’t get hired at target. Have a great summer. Culture and leadership matter! We had none last year. We had million dollar bodies and ten cent heads. King was just a causality of injuries. He’s a good kid. He’ll make it, if he gets healthy. The teams that picked up our kids and the reputations of their front offices, should tell you who said “**** it” and who made good bets. This isn’t all that complicated.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back