Difference Makers

The kids that weren’t drafted, are UFA because of their off the field habits. As much as everyone wants to discuss their measurable’s, the NFL does it’s homework. They’re as concerned with what they do after and away from the games, as they are with the between the lines. When it’s between two similar kids, you can rest assured the one that’s loves football more than clubbing and the activities that come with that ALWAYS wins. They all were passed over for the same reasons kids don’t get hired at target. Have a great summer. Culture and leadership matter! We had none last year. We had million dollar bodies and ten cent heads. King was just a causality of injuries. He’s a good kid. He’ll make it, if he gets healthy. The teams that picked up our kids and the reputations of their front offices, should tell you who said “**** it” and who made good bets. This isn’t all that complicated.
I don’t know Rambo’s story but I assume Harley’s issues are measurables not work ethic or extracurricular activities

Advertisement
Advertisement
I get it. I moderated shadows board from 2008 to now. 🤷‍♀️
You can see from the amount of portal players we’ve brought in what Mario and staff think of the roster left to them overall. And they’d still take at least 4 more guys at 3-4 positions I think including 2 at WR.

Too many JAGs not enough ballers.
You don’t think we’ve recruited high enough to have more than one player drafted? That’s coaching and development. We haven’t been recruiting like the big dogs but there’s a lot lower rated teams in recruiting rankings get more bang for the buck. Everyone likes to talk players but leave out the places with the best coaching, culture and development are winners. Give Manny a top five class yearly and he’d still drop 3-4 games.

We need more dudes and talent but this was way more than that.

You don’t think we’ve recruited high enough to have more than one player drafted? That’s coaching and development. We haven’t been recruiting like the big dogs but there’s a lot lower rated teams in recruiting rankings get more bang for the buck. Everyone likes to talk players but leave out the places with the best coaching, culture and development are winners. Give Manny a top five class yearly and he’d still drop 3-4 games.

We need more dudes and talent but this was way more than that.
That’s what I’m trying to say. We couldn’t have gotten every bad 4 star. Some of it is development.

Advertisement
Staff, system, culture all have to be there. Just names off the top of my head should’ve been HIGH draft picks if were Developed and in right system : chick, Coley, aqm, bush, McCord , Chad, quarterman, burns

I don’t know Rambo’s story but I assume Harley’s issues are measurables not work ethic or extracurricular activities
Results speak volumes. I apologize to anyone reading this that wants to believe only one kid being drafted is all on coaching. Actions have consequences. The coaches couldn’t get them to put football first. They made their own beds. Sad and very very true. I wouldn’t put my money in their hands either

Last edited:
Advertisement
It’s almost like recruiting and stars and composite scores matter in this sport. Odd. This site told me that’s not true, after all, Ed rEEd WuZ A TWo-StaR. I’ll have to go back and check my formula.

Results speak volumes. I apologize to anyone reading this that wants to believe only one kid being drafted is all on coaching. Actions have consequences. The coaches couldn’t get them to put football first. They made their own beds. Sad and very very true. I wouldn’t put my money in their hands either
Culture was a mess but you of all people know who sets it. Your starting qb going awol for days during a game week , on top of other bone headed stuff and you don’t kick him off? Your star wr quitting during the season and allowing him back, on top of his other drama . That’s just year one.

After it all happened I said he’d set his culture by both moves. We know it’s way more than just one thing but we recruited at a high enough level to have one player drafted. That screams development.

Last edited:
Culture was a mess but you of all people know who sets it. Your starting qb going awol for days during a game week , on top of other bone headed stuff and you don’t kick him off? Your star wr quitting during the season and allowing him back, on top of his other drama . That’s just year one.

After it all happened I said he’d set his culture by both moves.
He picked his captains and they set the tone. Once Shaq was gone, Bubba and Nesta ran us into a clique based locker room. They loved to party and didn’t care about winning. You know all of this. You know the NFL knows and Manny was more than happy to tell every scout he spoke to.

Advertisement
He picked his captains and they set the tone. Once Shaq was gone, Bubba and Nesta ran us into a clique based locker room. They loved to party and didn’t care about winning. You know all of this. You know the NFL knows and Manny was more than happy to tell every scout he spoke to.
34D59196-C65B-4D8B-904B-2BADB05E903D.gif

Staff in question is gone. Players in question are gone. You’ve teased 90% of it.

Might as well finish the story for us now ..

So that's on Manny for letting all that take place??? I mean that does kinda fall under development... He gave his approval for all things happening... Wouldn't a different Coach have put a stop to it from the get go?? I mean I'm not saying you're wrong about the issues but it does still fall on the Coach who's supposed to be in charge...

Advertisement
Back