Difference Makers

Advertisement
He picked his captains and they set the tone. Once Shaq was gone, Bubba and Nesta ran us into a clique based locker room. They loved to party and didn’t care about winning. You know all of this. You know the NFL knows and Manny was more than happy to tell every scout he spoke to.

Uh-oh, you're about to take some bullets from the "I love Nesta, I loved Nesta's comments about Manny's team culture, I think we should keep Nesta until I know who is going to replace Nesta, there's no way in **** that Mario told Nesta to leave" crowd...

1651515560445.png

Advertisement
You need to 1) Get kids with talent, 2) That have the right mindset, and 3) Make sure they have the infrastructure to be successful.

We haven’t met all 3 since the early Coker years. Shiit, we haven’t had even 2 of the 3 in place in the last 20 years. Most you can say is that despite it all we’ve always found a way to lure decent talent somehow. Even Golden did.

Far too many ****** staffs leading kids who didn’t give a **** about being great. Bad combo.

But Mario will be the first in almost 20 years to stack talented players that have that old school Be Great Canes mentality led by a championship caliber staff.

But even still as per OP, we need more difference makers. That gets us back to CFP levels.

Coaches get the raw tools and is tasked with making them greater. Even when we had all those guys Golden left plus Joe Jackson and Garvin, they didn't perform other than for a stretch in 2017, in the big games. The coach's job is to make the whole greater than the sum of its parts. Rambo performed to a all acc level, didnt get drafted. Players who had worse stats were. Using drafted Players alone is not the sign of a good coach. How do u make them click as a team? If Rambo lit up Clemson and the ACCCG and maybe playoffs, he is drafted. The team needs to win and have the players ball out in prime time. No one can remember the last time we were not embarrassed in these games

Sounds like the OP is saying we need to do better.

𝐴𝑠 𝑓𝑎𝑟 𝑎𝑠 𝑓𝑟𝑒𝑠ℎ𝑚𝑎𝑛 𝐼 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑘 𝑆𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑛𝑒𝑟 & 𝐶𝑦𝑟𝑢𝑠 ℎ𝑎𝑠 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑟 𝑝𝑜𝑤𝑒𝑟 𝑝𝑜𝑡𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑎𝑙 𝑑𝑖𝑓𝑓𝑒𝑟𝑒𝑛𝑐𝑒 𝑚𝑎𝑘𝑒𝑟𝑠 𝑖𝑛 𝑎 𝑦𝑒𝑎𝑟

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back