Did Jeff Thomas get a target???

Advertisement
I believe it. If I’m UNC defensive coordinator I’m having nightmares about #9. I would love to hear more details but good to see him already commanding attention

He basically tweeted that he is starting to get double teamed. He feels as if he has arrived

Perry got use to Harley last week. He had 2 for like 70. We are very deep. There is no reason not to have a great offense now.

Advertisement
Play calling & scheme!

Yeap. I say drop RPO and just call plays. We have tall slender QB with great arm and accuracy, let’s not slow him down reading whether to hand of or pass. He needs to ge the play off quickly: give ball to RB or get going through progression and spread the ball around. Out smart the other coaches from the sideline and stop putting the burden on the QBs. Earn your frigging money. Do nothing that slows our players down. Speed is what made Miami great.

just dumb? Had it not been for the defensive scores we would have been in a dogfight. Stop being blind. There were many mistakes and were inefficient in many areas on offense. We also had so few snaps because we lost turnovers and had to punt a few times (besides the defensive effort). Brevin Jordan mentioned that he was proud to be doubled teamed. If that is the case, how can Thomas get one target? We were run heavy because Richt wanted to be conservative growing the ball. With our OL and our tendency to run the same run plays with little variation, Perry is going to have to throw the ball.
When your d is clicking at such a high level as ours on Thursday to the point that marveled the play-by-play guys, you rein in your passing offense and give your d a rest by deploying the run game. That was smart and not dumb coaching by CMR. You want to control proceedings, maintain momentum and not give anything away to the opponent from the passing game. Yes, we had 2 offensive turnovers, both from the passing offense, but what is the average turnover per game in college average in gamed where the team that turned over the ball won? There will come a game when Perry will be required to carry the team. If the defense can carry us through the season and beyond as on Thursday, I will be joyous.

Advertisement
Back