Did Jeff Thomas get a target???

just dumb? Had it not been for the defensive scores we would have been in a dogfight. Stop being blind. There were many mistakes and were inefficient in many areas on offense. We also had so few snaps because we lost turnovers and had to punt a few times (besides the defensive effort). Brevin Jordan mentioned that he was proud to be doubled teamed. If that is the case, how can Thomas get one target? We were run heavy because Richt wanted to be conservative growing the ball. With our OL and our tendency to run the same run plays with little variation, Perry is going to have to throw the ball.
You do realize every defensive td we get means one less series for the offense to have the ball. 3 X we went right back to defense. Our offensive production was down because they couldn't get on the field due to the Defensive splash plays.

Advertisement
I know he got lit up on the opening kickoff. Your boy went into a shell
I disagree he went in to a shell. He just didn't have his number called is all. He did look slow and indecisive on that kick return though. Like he was waiting to find a hole to accelerate through, but it never developed. I'd like to see him at full speed earlier on the returns to avoid starting at the 15 if there is no hole there.

I don’t remember Brevin doing anything either

So nothing from Jordan, Richards, or Thomas and the pass game still looked good? (Although maybe disjointed)

I like that.

Add Cager to that list. WE GOT WEAPONS YO !!!!

Add Cager to that list. WE GOT WEAPONS YO !!!!
It wasn’t a perfect throw but I thought Cager was gonna come down with that ball.

That’s a throw that’s only going to come with practice and I expect Kosi to do better consistently.

Still it was 1,000 times better than the duck Rosier threw for a TD so as good as Perry played, his INT could have easily been a catch, incomplete, or PI, and Cager is going to catch that ball more often than not IMO.

It wasn’t a perfect throw but I thought Cager was gonna come down with that ball.

That’s a throw that’s only going to come with practice and I expect Kosi to do better consistently.

Still it was 1,000 times better than the duck Rosier threw for a TD so as good as Perry played, his INT could have easily been a catch, incomplete, or PI, and Cager is going to catch that ball more often than not IMO.

Yeah he did have that one target. But I was saying overall, he really wasn't needed. The Def & running game was enough. Richt said in the post game that he went conservative in 2nd half.

Advertisement
45 plays. 26 points. 7.7 yards per play. Offense on cruise control for the entire second half.

Not sure why anybody thinks they should have broken out the playbook in a game that was over at halftime. This isn't Madden. FSU has a very limited amount of Perry tape to study and a majority of it is him handing it off.

Got away with it this game so no big deal. Richt will need to utilize his best player moving forward cause if he doesn't and Miami struggles or loses that's more of a reflection of him as a coach.

Miami needs an NFL type mind as a HC and I'm not sure richt is it. Hope he can prove me wrong and win a national championship.

Just dumb.

We only had 45 offensive snaps and just 12 pass attempts.

We put up 26 pts on 45 snaps. That's pretty **** effcient.

JT4 will get his, just didn't happen with us running so few pass plays and Perry spreading it around

The beautiful thing about our offense is it’s not reliant on any one person to carry us. We’ve got tons of weapons. Absolutely no need to go into any game thinking we’ve got to get the ball into X player’s hands.

Perry just needs to be smart with the rock and use his weapons as needed based on what the defenses give him.

We rushed for over 200 yards. Hard to say we should have passed more.

I will take the win but we left offense on the field yesterday. We simply had a better team upfront on both sides. We were gonna run the ball on UNC. Despite being a bad run defense there were several times UNC stuffed our run attempts. The 200+ yards you speak of was built on several big runs (over 20yrds or more). The concern I have is the lack of variation to the run game. No lateral motions or movement to get defenders to move. I don’t even believe Perry kept on RPO to keep the defense honest. Our run game is just too predictable. It relies to heavily on our OL to be physical and beat their man upfront but we don’t have that kind of OL. A steady dose of variaty of short (quick) and long passes would have worked to open up the front. Especially when you have a dynamic threat like JT4.

Advertisement
I will take the win but we left offense on the field yesterday. We simply had a better team upfront on both sides. We were gonna run the ball on UNC. Despite being a bad run defense there were several times UNC stuffed our run attempts. The 200+ yards you speak of was built on several big runs (over 20yrds or more). The concern I have is the lack of variation to the run game. No lateral motions or movement to get defenders to move. I don’t even believe Perry kept on RPO to keep the defense honest. Our run game is just too predictable. It relies to heavily on our OL to be physical and beat their man upfront but we don’t have that kind of OL. A steady dose of variaty of short (quick) and long passes would have worked to open up the front. Especially when you have a dynamic threat like JT4.

Yeah, Perry throws that ball 6 inches higher and it's a TD. The DB was just able to get his hand in there. But that doesn't mean it was a bad throw by Perry. NFL QBs miss that throw sometimes. It happens.

Attacking poster/Derailing thread.
Grow up and let the adults talk. Thanks.

Bro you were so far up Golden **** that it's hard to take what you say seriously. You were defending him until his final breath of coaching here.

Advertisement
Jordan said he was getting double teamed.

He was at times. Just like Thomas was. Which is just fine. That leaves someone else open, and we have no shortage of playmakers. So while it may hurt their individual stats, it doesn't necessarily hurt the team.

It was 33-10 at the half. UNC was weak against the run all season so Richt wasn’t trying to open the passing game.

I really think he was in the dog house this week for the “dehydration” last week. Did he start?

That's what my sources told me.
He needed some Gatorade and he asked Malik to throw him the bottle and it landed in the stands....JT cussed him out for getting dehydrated later in game...hence, double-secret probation imposed by Richt.

Advertisement
I was at the game. UNC had Jeff bracketed in coverage. Another factor was N'Kosi only throwing the ball 12 times, so the opportunities to make a play receiving were at a minimum. He get action next week against FSU. No worries on this end.

Got away with it this game so no big deal. Richt will need to utilize his best player moving forward cause if he doesn't and Miami struggles or loses that's more of a reflection of him as a coach.

Miami needs an NFL type mind as a HC and I'm not sure richt is it. Hope he can prove me wrong and win a national championship.

we got away with it bc we ran the god **** ball for over 200 yards. why force something when you dont have to? they couldn't stop us from running and the game was out of reach by half.

Advertisement
Back