Did Irma & this Long Break Doom our Season: Yes or No?

Net negative no doubt but the schedule helps us. FSU delay will help both teams. After that the delay is neutral.

Advertisement
Our team hasn't practiced in 2 years, and will be out of practice another week. Might as well be spring ball again. The timing, Rhythm, focus level and conditioning is going to be waaaay off for everyone. Also, you come out of camp gelling and locked in as a team (and you maintain that synergy through consistent practices), which sets the tone for the season. That's now gone.

Bethune was basically a scrimmage, which means we haven't even played a game yet. So, in essence, Toledo will be playing in game four and, the game against them will be our first.

I have a feeling we're going to look back at this hurricane and point to it as the moment a championship season was undone.

Totally agree with OP. The Mark Richt Era is ova! This season is done. Next season will be a stillborn since all our recruits will leave and our best players will transfer. A hurricane undid the Hurricanes! How is that for irony? #RIPUMFootball #WeWillNeverForget #AtLeastWeBeatBCU

I cannot wait for the season to resume just so that Mongoloid threads like these and the troll c-nts that they attract can disappear.

If we were heading up to , say, Virginia Tech on the 23rd, I think that would be a concern.
The schedule sets up as well as can be expected with Toledo at home, then a nice road game vs. Duke (then an extra day) before FSU.
No excuses.
Let's go.

Last edited:
Yes... if you don't think it will you're lying to yourself. Ask any real coach and they will tell you 3 weeks off in the beginning of the season.

Advertisement
Hobbies. Some posters need to find alternative hobbies. Experience more post less. Hope all of you in South Fl and your families are doing as best as could be. Certainly those same sentiments are meant for players and coaches and their families also. Hang in there.

Go Canes!

For comparison's sake, tho not as directly impacted as Miami, LSU went 11-2 the season Katrina hit.

Oh yeah, they capped the season by humiliating u sin the Peach Bowl, and the program hasn't been the same since that loss.

Katrina impacted LSU less than Irma did Miami? In what alternate universe?

Well, they only ended up having to move one game that season-- their opener (which they still played, just at an away site), whereas we've already had to move 3* games. They practiced and played as normal. Their campus is also a almost 100 miles from the devastation of NO.

Yes... if you don't think it will you're lying to yourself. Ask any real coach and they will tell you 3 weeks off in the beginning of the season.

How do you get three weeks out of this, it's been only one so far

The truth wouldn't be as ghey and dramatic. Imagine going to war with a lay down pvssy like that by your side.

Last edited:
Advertisement
For comparison's sake, tho not as directly impacted as Miami, LSU went 11-2 the season Katrina hit.

Oh yeah, they capped the season by humiliating u sin the Peach Bowl, and the program hasn't been the same since that loss.

Well, they only ended up having to move one game that season-- their opener (which they still played, just at an away site), whereas we've already had to move 3* games. They practiced and played as normal. Their campus is also a almost 100 miles from the devastation of NO.

Katrina was a colossal disaster, and most of LSU's team is from that area. This Irma deal is terrible, but it's nothing along those lines.

It's not even close to what Andrew did to Miami, and we missed nothing as a result of Andrew. It's just a different time now than it even was during Katrina ten years ago.

We err on the side of political correctness these days and away from putting too much importance on sports. That's why we've changed up so much as a result of Irma. It's not because the area was destroyed or anything like that.

So far, the only thing that's really changed is one canceled game and a week of missed practice that would have been prep for that specific game. At this point, we practice as prep for each specific opponent. As soon as possible, we'll start practicing for sorry *** 2 star Toledo. We'll have enough time to get ready for a MAC team full of 2 stars. If our coaches are good, they've already started prep work.

I thought you said yesterday that you were outta here until December bc you aren't excited about the season? I was surprised that you posted that because you post a good amount on here. a

A number of us were around when we were awful, year in and year out, but we still stood by and followed our team. Hopefully you're back to stay, regardless of what happens...and we can have a great season.

Last edited:

Katrina was a colossal disaster, and most of LSU's team is from that area. This Irma deal is terrible, but it's nothing along those lines.

It's not even close to what Andrew did to Miami, and we missed nothing as a result of Andrew. It's just a different time now than it even was during Katrina ten years ago.

We err on the side of political correctness these days and away from putting too much importance on sports. That's why we've changed up so much as a result of Irma. It's not because the area was destroyed or anything like that.

So far, the only thing that's really changed is one canceled game and a week of missed practice that would have been prep for that specific game. At this point, we practice as prep for each specific opponent. As soon as possible, we'll start practicing for sorry *** 2 star Toledo. We'll have enough time to get ready for a MAC team full of 2 stars. If our coaches are good, they've already started prep work.

Oh I'm right with you in terms of comparing the damage the Hurricanes did (Katrina v Irma). New Orleans still hasn't fully recovered from Katrina. Irma will be an afterthought by Halloween. I'm just talking in terms of disruption to the program, Irma has so far been more of a force against UM than Katrina was against LSU.

If Richt do his job, this interruption should be nothing more than a pimple on on this season's ***.

Advertisement

Oh I'm right with you in terms of comparing the damage the Hurricanes did (Katrina v Irma). New Orleans still hasn't fully recovered from Katrina. Irma will be an afterthought by Halloween. I'm just talking in terms of disruption to the program, Irma has so far been more of a force against UM than Katrina was against LSU.

Irma will only be disruptive to UM if UM lets it be. Katrina was a once in a lifetime disaster that affected anything and everything deeply in that region. Lots of lives lost and tons of people displaced and homeless. That's a far more significant disruption to a program than what Irma should cause to UM.

Once we practice for and beat Toledo and Duke, we will be fine and should be totally prepared/ready for the FSU game.

FSU game will set the tone for the rest of the season.

Other than maybe causing us to come out a little rusty on the first series against Toledo, I don't want to hear anything Irma related with respect to our team's performance after that.

We dodged a bullet the size of the equivalent of 4 Andrews. Plenty of damage in South Florida, but mostly not catastrophic. By next week most of us will be back to normal.

The people that are going to be hurting long term are in Houston and only in some parts of Florida, like the keys, the SW coast, etc. once you get north of Ft Myers, yea there's damage, but it's not the change-your-life type of damage.

Advertisement
It's like people are trying to build in excuses for their weak, puzzified mentality.

There are 0 excuses to not win 10 regular season games this season with the Charmin schedule.

Anything else means complete, abject failure on the staff. This is their job and they get paid more than they are worth to figure it out. Let's hope all that praying rich does to Jesus guides the ship accordingly.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

I'm not buying in!! As a Floridian..when someone yells hurricane,.. We all know what's coming!,.. We gas up fuel cells, generators,. Stock our dry goods, and we ride out the storm!! Nobody...had any idea what was gonna happen in NO..nor to what extent. Sure..there were warnings,.. But I don't think anyone expected that kind of impact. With irma,... This is about what we expected,.. Only slightly more widespread,..but still just a hurricane!

I'm not buying in!! As a Floridian..when someone yells hurricane,.. We all know what's coming!,.. We gas up fuel cells, generators,. Stock our dry goods, and we ride out the storm!! Nobody...had any idea what was gonna happen in NO..nor to what extent. Sure..there were warnings,.. But I don't think anyone expected that kind of impact. With irma,... This is about what we expected,.. Only slightly more widespread,..but still just a hurricane!

I'm a raging, liberal hack always trying to educate and preach about climate change to whoever will listen, but even I was telling people to pump their brakes on the Irma hype train. Obviously you prepare (or in my case, just pullout off your hurricane kit) and take even a Category 1 seriously, but I never once thought this would be worse than Andrew, or even Wilma. I really think what happened in Houston had people spooked more than they should have been. With that said, I have no issue with how the school went about things. Better safe than sorry.

It wasn't worse than Andrew because it didn't hit Miami head on like Andrew did. What's so hard to understand about that. It literally is science. That bītch lands 70 miles east of where it made landfall, and it would have made Andrew look like a picnic. A cat 4 that's was multiple times bigger than Andrew is what we would have gotten. And moving slower and staying longer than Andrew.

Andrew was a fast moving scalpel that sliced Kendall, south Miami to Homestead and pretty much spared everyone else.

This was a cat 4 mallet that would have spent a day hammering us into a pancake.

Some people just don't know what they're talking about.

Don't preach about the climate because you have no idea what you're talking about.

Advertisement
Back