Did Irma & this Long Break Doom our Season: Yes or No?

Seems like college football season started a long time ago and Miami (FL) hasn't played yet.

Lol first off... is it really necessary to put (FL) on a Miami Hurricanes board?

We've played one less game than everyone else. Oh except for FSU and UF. Same as them. By week 6 we will be caught back up for the most part and well into conference play. Don't be so dramatic.

It's not dramatic to question the effect of such a huge event at the beginning of a season where you are trying to find some identity and rhythm.

Lost practices and live action is simple reality.

I'm not sure how Richt handles prep for Toledo, but I hope it is full speed, full contact.

Voila. Rosier and the offense absolutely NEEDED to establish a ' rhythm ' as this INSIGHTFUL Ibis fan noted. hUh. And as he mentions, the LOST practice time will hurt Miami's offense more than Cane fan wants to admit. Ouch.

In the meant time. Good Ol' Boy Jimbo has his team practicing and practicing and practicing. Which is a good thing for their true freshmen starting QB. Because the more he practices with the first unit, the more comfortable he'll become with his offense. hUh.

The bottom line: Offense is all about TIMING and what not. Especially for the signal caller. And the more practicing time Miami loses, the more it will come back to haunt Rosier and the rest of the offense. May be not against Toledo. But eventually against tougher competition.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I was surprised to see Toldeo at number 30 in the power rankings. Decent squad they have.

As far as whether it will doom our season...it certainly shouldn't. By now we would've heard of any tragedy-type situation that might have a lingering impact. Other than that, I bet our guys want nothing more than to get back on the field, where things should remain the same while their world outside football has been turned upside down.

If we get past Toledo, its back to business as usual. Time to put on for your city.

I was surprised to see Toldeo at number 30 in the power rankings. Decent squad they have.

As far as whether it will doom our season...it certainly shouldn't. By now we would've heard of any tragedy-type situation that might have a lingering impact. Other than that, I bet our guys want nothing more than to get back on the field, where things should remain the same while their world outside football has been turned upside down.

If we get past Toledo, its back to business as usual. Time to put on for your city.

Odd as it sounds I've actually seen a couple power rankings with Toledo ahead of us.

Odd as it sounds I've actually seen a couple power rankings with Toledo ahead of us.

Before the season, I assumed this was a freebie. Even if we hadn't cancelled FSU, this would have been a tough game.

Spin Zone: this would've been a perfect trap game if we played FSU, win or lose. Now we come out fully focused on Toledo. Might be a good thing.

Advertisement
Our team hasn't practiced in 2 years, and will be out of practice another week. Might as well be spring ball again. The timing, Rhythm, focus level and conditioning is going to be waaaay off for everyone. Also, you come out of camp gelling and locked in as a team (and you maintain that synergy through consistent practices), which sets the tone for the season. That's now gone.

Bethune was basically a scrimmage, which means we haven't even played a game yet. So, in essence, Toledo will be playing in game four and, the game against them will be our first.

I have a feeling we're going to look back at this hurricane and point to it as the moment a championship season was undone.

No the season is not "broken" Miami has the opportunity to have the city and community rally behind this team and success that they have on the field as a bright spot. Teams can bring communities together. Miami is not and never was going to lose to Toledo. I get what you mean about rhythm. That will return and talent alone is going to win this team games. I'm getting more excited because we have a real opportunity to go 11-0 this season. Clemson still trying to get things figured out in the post Watson era and Miami really could be a playoff sleeper. Miami and Clemson can enter the ACCCG undefeated and play for a chance at the playoffs to represent the ACC.

So no the season is not lost. It's just beginning and this year can be a whole lot of **** fun for these kids. The city and the program!

Lets ride.

Slow your role brother, Clemson has a huge test against Louisville this weekend, and I personally think Louisville pulls the win.

Our team hasn't practiced in 2 years, and will be out of practice another week. Might as well be spring ball again. The timing, Rhythm, focus level and conditioning is going to be waaaay off for everyone. Also, you come out of camp gelling and locked in as a team (and you maintain that synergy through consistent practices), which sets the tone for the season. That's now gone.

Bethune was basically a scrimmage, which means we haven't even played a game yet. So, in essence, Toledo will be playing in game four and, the game against them will be our first.

I have a feeling we're going to look back at this hurricane and point to it as the moment a championship season was undone.

What a dumb post.

No the season is not "broken" Miami has the opportunity to have the city and community rally behind this team and success that they have on the field as a bright spot. Teams can bring communities together. Miami is not and never was going to lose to Toledo. I get what you mean about rhythm. That will return and talent alone is going to win this team games. I'm getting more excited because we have a real opportunity to go 11-0 this season. Clemson still trying to get things figured out in the post Watson era and Miami really could be a playoff sleeper. Miami and Clemson can enter the ACCCG undefeated and play for a chance at the playoffs to represent the ACC.

So no the season is not lost. It's just beginning and this year can be a whole lot of **** fun for these kids. The city and the program!

Lets ride.

Slow your role brother, Clemson has a huge test against Louisville this weekend, and I personally think Louisville pulls the win.

My gut is telling me Clemson defense neutralizes Lamar this go-round. I mean, he's going to get his dual yards, but he's not running wild...and I think Clemson wins.

We'll see if I'm full of shīt or not.

Advertisement

Totally agree with OP. The Mark Richt Era is ova! This season is done. Next season will be a stillborn since all our recruits will leave and our best players will transfer. A hurricane undid the Hurricanes! How is that for irony? #RIPUMFootball #WeWillNeverForget #AtLeastWeBeatBCU

Advertisement

Totally agree with OP. The Mark Richt Era is ova! This season is done. Next season will be a stillborn since all our recruits will leave and our best players will transfer. A hurricane undid the Hurricanes! How is that for irony? #RIPUMFootball #WeWillNeverForget #AtLeastWeBeatBCU

Are you guys planning to score an offensive touchdown this season, or is that just a rumor?

Irma impacted the posting quality of this board more than it did the team's win loss record. Some of the worst threads ever created have occurred over the last few days, and that's saying something.

Thanks, Irma

I think the 10 missed practices would hurt any team a bit. We will need to get back to work come Monday and hopefully the Boys will come out with their hair on fire and realize it is time to get back to work. This season is not lost. We have 4 pretty solid games in a row before the breather with Syracuse. Toledo will be no push over, Duke on a Friday night at their place will be a challenge and then Free Shoes and GT. If we come out of that **** 4-0 will will win the rest. I have confidence in the team and the staff that they will be able to pull it together and get back on track. Toledo will tell us a lot about this team and how they will recover. Let's just play some fcking football, please!

Irma impacted the posting quality of this board more than it did the team's win loss record. Some of the worst threads ever created have occurred over the last few days, and that's saying something.

Thanks, Irma

Dig that avatar! That is funny, Bo!

Advertisement
Back