Did anyone expected Richt to lost the fanbase this fast?

LoL, maybe you should go back and rewatch that bowl game without the emotions. Im curious how you've come to that conclusion, you have to be an above average oc in order to coach around rosier's defeciencies. Coach richt has come in here first year 9 games 2nd year 10 games, this year is not over yet and you are part of the doom & gloom crew. Im not saying coach richt is perfect, but dont be apart of the amnesia crew and forget where this program was at before he got here. Coach richt has earned the right to call plays. You cant compare what coach diaz is doing to coach richt, diaz is working with potentially 5 to 7 1st round draft picks on that side of the ball, how many just draft picks, cause as of right now, we know with Ahmon being out, he was about the only 1st rounder on offense, jt4 not far behind, and we see what he's doing with them, but how many are on the o-line. You got to have a solid o-line to be in the top 30, you see we dont have that.
Who is responsible for recruiting the offense? And to say Richt doesn't have talent on the offensive line is extremely misleading.
Offensive line: Donaldson is a 5*, Scaife a 4*, St Louis was a 3*, Boulware was a 3*. We have talent on the offensive line, it is just not being coached up properly. Their blocking technique is atrocious. I believe in part because they are trying to zone block, but also in part because Searles is not doing his job. Who hired Searles? Who must fire Searles? Who won't fire Searles?
Quarterback: Perry and Williams are 4* quarterbacks. Other programs have freshman of their caliber starting and making plays. We don't. Why? Looks at Jon Richt resume and you will see why.
Runningbacks- we have a lineup of studs. Period.
Wide Receiver and TE- Brevin Jordan was widely regarded as the best receiving TE in HS last year. Pope is a 5*, Harley and Thomas were 4* receivers. Cager a 4*.
FB: Reallus was one of the best fullback prospects out of HS last year.

Baxta= #1 HS kicker prospect in the country last year.

When you looks at our roster, we have talent. Some of it is young, but other teams have their sophmores and freshmen making plays. Davonta Smith is a sophmore, Tua is a sophmore. They helped Bama win a NC last year as freshmen and balled out this year. Other teams do the same.

With the right coaches we can to.

Advertisement
Who is responsible for recruiting the offense? And to say Richt doesn't have talent on the offensive line is extremely misleading.
Offensive line: Donaldson is a 5*, Scaife a 4*, St Louis was a 3*, Boulware was a 3*. We have talent on the offensive line, it is just not being coached up properly. Their blocking technique is atrocious. I believe in part because they are trying to zone block, but also in part because Searles is not doing his job. Who hired Searles? Who must fire Searles? Who won't fire Searles?
Quarterback: Perry and Williams are 4* quarterbacks. Other programs have freshman of their caliber starting and making plays. We don't. Why? Looks at Jon Richt resume and you will see why.
Wide Receiver and TE- Brevin Jordan was widely regarded as the best receiving TE in HS last year. Pope is a 5*, Harley and Thomas were 4* receivers. Cager a 4*.

When you looks at our roster, we have talent. Some of it is young, but other teams have their sophmores and freshmen making plays. Davonta Smith is a sophmore, Tua is a sophmore. They helped Bama win a NC last year as freshmen and balled out this year. Other teams do the same.

how was Bubba so highly ranked?

First off when it comes to the moron regime that just left, during the Maryland game i knew for sure they didnt belong here and said it back than after that game cause i could see what those morons from penn disgrace was trying to do.

The "we recruit at a higher level than" so and so school is based off what, some nerd websites, ranking highschool players before they even set foot on campus. Before coach richt got here, go and see how high our o-line recruiting has been than get back to us. Coach richt was able to get 1 o-linemen in the salvage job class and he's no longer on the team, it wasnt until the 2017 & 2018 classes that we got o-linemen in almost lije we should. So again, im not sure what glasses you have on when trying to judge coach richt but im sure their not just glasses.

Ok I guess we disagree on the job Richt is doingvwith the offense.
I think it could be better and I think he could’ve be getting more out of the players he has. I think his decision to be the OC and hire his son as QB coach were flawed at best and have prevented him from being truly objective about the offense.
I don’t see a positive trend in offense the last three years and that is reflected in every offensive category.
I hope I’m wrong and you are right and it all works out but I don’t see the evidence that’s the case for offense.

Coaches need to win - especially at a program that has the most football talent in the country.

And 5 championships.

He laid a massive egg on national TV against a decent - not great - LSU team led by a quite average HC.

We were down by a pile to a very average FSU team - and the defense had to rescue the game for him. And again, I'm not aware of the new HC at FSU being a big-time coach.

And then we lost against a trash bin team up at VA.

But he's done well against the JV squads we've played this year.

Life is about production and he hasn't produced this year.

And we ended last year badly, too.

hold up -- i know we all have our thoughts about LSU going into the year, but they did just smoke UGA at home. at this point in the season, they're better than we thought regardless of how our game went w them.

Advertisement
No, the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP is the goal at Miami. ACC championship is the goal my @ss. We aren’t Virginia Tech or BC

lmao we've been a worse program than VT since the 02 season...get into reality man. we have to at least win 1 conference title before we can start yapping about national titles.

Yes, probably better than "decent".

And they could end up being a top 10 team when the season ends.

But I thought we would be, too. Oops.

hold up -- i know we all have our thoughts about LSU going into the year, but they did just smoke UGA at home. at this point in the season, they're better than we thought regardless of how our game went w them.

I could careless how many stars some nerd recruiting sites give a player prior to playing in an actual game, i give players ratings after they've actually played. Those star rankings mean nothing, does not mean you've recruited better than another team, that's why the games are played. If it was mainly or only about who had the most 4 & 5 star players, than why play the actual games. If you've seen the last 2 recruiting classes the o-line is being addressed, as well as the upcoming 2019 class. If you are going to compare other young qb's to our qb situation, id like to know what other qb's you're talking about, the only ones that you can name are the ones with a similar o-line situation. So i know its not Bama or clemson you are referring too, neither is it Texas a&m cause coach wilson left that program in great shape, neither can it be UGA, cause we already know what type of talent coach richt left their, so please enlighten us who on what team is in a similar situation.

Advertisement
I could careless how many stars some nerd recruiting sites give a player prior to playing in an actual game, i give players ratings after they've actually played. Those star rankings mean nothing, does not mean you've recruited better than another team, that's why the games are played. If it was mainly or only about who had the most 4 & 5 star players, than why play the actual games. If you've seen the last 2 recruiting classes the o-line is being addressed, as well as the upcoming 2019 class. If you are going to compare other young qb's to our qb situation, id like to know what other qb's you're talking about, the only ones that you can name are the ones with a similar o-line situation. So i know its not Bama or clemson you are referring too, neither is it Texas a&m cause coach wilson left that program in great shape, neither can it be UGA, cause we already know what type of talent coach richt left their, so please enlighten us who on what team is in a similar situation.
Week one of this season there where 15- P5 teams that started a true freshman quarterback. It is not unheard off. You just need a coach with the cajoles to play the better players and not rely on the safe guy.
As far as recruiting rankings etc. you have to ask the question on the statement you proposed. Why is Virginia more physical than us? Did they recruit better? Virtually every recruiting expert (guys with more knowledge about it than you) agree we've ALWAYS recruited better than Virginia. Every year we've had better higher quality players than Virginia. If you disagree with this, then how can you assert that we are addressing the talent? Either we are recruiting better players or we aren't. so again, why is Virginia more physical than us? With lesser caliber players at that. Open your mind for a second and just humor me. Perhaps, just perhaps it is poor coaching. Would poor coaching be a reason why our offensive line isn't very physical? Could is be that Searles doesn't teach the fundamentals of leverage and footwork the way it is taught at Virginia? If so, then how about quarterback? Punting? Punt coverage? As the years go by and the players rotate through the player excuse becomes more and more shallow. We are in year 3 and counting.

Ok I guess we disagree on the job Richt is doingvwith the offense.
I think it could be better and I think he could’ve be getting more out of the players he has. I think his decision to be the OC and hire his son as QB coach were flawed at best and have prevented him from being truly objective about the offense.
I don’t see a positive trend in offense the last three years and that is reflected in every offensive category.
I hope I’m wrong and you are right and it all works out but I don’t see the evidence that’s the case for offense.

You are not wrong that the offense has been going downhill, but that should be expected once darling and mcdermont left. Last year the offense struggled when you had braxton as the primary receiver, but anytime Ahmon came in the offense went to another level. So right now, this offense without Ahmon in it, and all these young guys, we were going to take a step back, no way around it, cause this o-line was bound to happen, and remember, we still got bar milo(a.k.a. the brad kaaya package deal)on the roster waiting in the wings.

You are not wrong that the offense has been going downhill, but that should be expected once darling and mcdermont left. Last year the offense struggled when you had braxton as the primary receiver, but anytime Ahmon came in the offense went to another level. So right now, this offense without Ahmon in it, and all these young guys, we were going to take a step back, no way around it, cause this o-line was bound to happen, and remember, we still got bar milo(a.k.a. the brad kaaya package deal)on the roster waiting in the wings.

Look I’m not going change your mind as to what the root problem really is.
But I’ll just say one last thing...when you say “taken a step back from last year” I say look at what the offfense was ranked last year!! It wasn’t good.
Look at what it was ranked the year before that! Still not good.
There is nothing to point at to say this is what it will be and it will be great or that it is moving in that direction at all.
But I hope I’m wrong because he is here for a while and he is not firing his son.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Week one of this season there where 15- P5 teams that started a true freshman quarterback. It is not unheard off. You just need a coach with the cajoles to play the better players and not rely on the safe guy.
As far as recruiting rankings etc. you have to ask the question on the statement you proposed. Why is Virginia more physical than us? Did they recruit better? Virtually every recruiting expert (guys with more knowledge about it than you) agree we've ALWAYS recruited better than Virginia. Every year we've had better higher quality players than Virginia. If you disagree with this, then how can you assert that we are addressing the talent? Either we are recruiting better players or we aren't. so again, why is Virginia more physical than us? With lesser caliber players at that. Open your mind for a second and just humor me. Perhaps, just perhaps it is poor coaching. Would poor coaching be a reason why our offensive line isn't very physical? Could is be that Searles doesn't teach the fundamentals of leverage and footwork the way it is taught at Virginia? If so, then how about quarterback? Punting? Punt coverage? As the years go by and the players rotate through the player excuse becomes more and more shallow. We are in year 3 and counting.

You can answer yourmown questions if you take the time to look at them, just look at our offensive line recruits over the last 5 years and you tell me how many teams we out recruited for o-linemen. And who are these so called experte, if the so called experts knew all, it would be no need to play the games. Ask yourself has tyree st. Louis ever been physical, why is this the first year Jahir jones and hayden are starting. You simply keep trying to evaluate us like we are a compl3te, team.

Obviously their is a talent descrepancy.

lmao we've been a worse program than VT since the 02 season...get into reality man. we have to at least win 1 conference title before we can start yapping about national titles.

I don’t care about what we’ve done since 2002 or any of that. We are not VT! Wake up, man! Miami has 5 national championships. FIVE! And we played for a shot to win the whole thing 9 times!!

The target at Miami should ALWAYS be to win the national championship and that must be the aim for every coach and every player, because folks will rise to the occasion when that kind of pressure becomes your standard.

And Miami just happens to sit right in the middle of the most fertile recruiting ground in America, by far, so we have access to enough talent to get it done.

Not in a million years could I ever see JJ or schnelly walking into our locker room to say “Guys, our target is to win the Coastal”! Are you kidding me?

And Alabama is a perfect example to compare with Miami. The situations are eerily similar. Bama hadn’t done anything since 93, and for the most part was a middle of the pack program before Saban arrived; they had experienced all kinds of program frictions for 15 years (probation, scandals, below average coaching, many coaching changes, etc).

When he walked through the door he didn’t say, “Our goal is to Win the SEC West”!? Are you kidding me? No, He IMMEDIATELY set the target at National Champioship EVERY year.

It’s about establishing a mindset!! Aim high

Last edited:

This I don’t understand...how can you discard recruiting ranking outright and then say OL is being addressed look at the last two classes. Most of the players in the last two OL classes haven’t played...so what are you basing this on?? Recruiting rankings ??
Seems contradictory

Advertisement
No, the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP is the goal at Miami. ACC championship is the goal my @ss. We aren’t Virginia Tech or BC

Just wakeup!! Is not the early 2000 anymore. Almost 20 years since we were the top dog. ACC-CG should be the realistic goal every year.

You can answer yourmown questions if you take the time to look at them, just look at our offensive line recruits over the last 5 years and you tell me how many teams we out recruited for o-linemen. And who are these so called experte, if the so called experts knew all, it would be no need to play the games. Ask yourself has tyree st. Louis ever been physical, why is this the first year Jahir jones and hayden are starting. You simply keep trying to evaluate us like we are a compl3te, team.

Obviously their is a talent descrepancy.
Why? Why is it talent and not coaching? Answer that and you may have a case. You are basically planting your foot despite the evidence that we do have talent at the offensive line that is simply not being coached properly. It is easy to say - "gosh we just need better players" It's a scapegoat. And when other teams do more wth less it really kills your argument. Our offense is ranked 77th. By your logic 76 teams recruited better than Miami. Most would completely disagree with you that that was the case. Myself included. So why again is it not poor coaching?

Why? Why is it talent and not coaching? Answer that and you may have a case. You are basically planting your foot despite the evidence that we do have talent at the offensive line that is simply not being coached properly. It is easy to say - "gosh we just need better players" It's a scapegoat. And when other teams do more wth less it really kills your argument. Our offense is ranked 77th. By your logic 76 teams recruited better than Miami. Most would completely disagree with you that that was the case. Myself included. So why again is it not poor coaching?

Ok, let me give you an example of how these recruiting sites work and dont know WTH they talking about. The bases for your argument is based upon recruiting website rankings thus your statement "other teams do more with less" what is that based on. For instance when coach shannon was here, they dubbed that 2008 class as the so called #1 class in the nation, back than i kept laughing cause i said how can you rank a class#1 that's full of receivers and linebackers. But people were judging shannon based off of the nerd websites pushing that as the #1 class, i told people during that time that shannon's best class was the 2010 class, Why, because it was his most "physical" class. When you look at football from a regional standpoint, the cold states automatically start off playing a more physical style of offense because of the environments they're in, so running the ball is a must, this goes back to how you use to not be able to get to many good offensive linemen down here, more skill position players and defensive players.

You not gone have it easy with a garbage o-line and when you're stuck with Jahir jones, hayden and st. Louis, their is only so much coaching you can do. Who on here ever thought those two would be starters, do you think if they had any other options that those 2 guys would be in their. Ill say this, come next year is where coach searels should began to show his worth or not, but i will say this, coach richt is not helping by calling some plays where it requires to much trust in this o-line. But he has to run what the practice.

I don't blame you for being so salty at the world.

I'd be hot as **** too if the guy who's labia I'd been slurping turned out to be a total fraud.

Kind of like how the greatest football coach in college football somehow finds himself at FIU? That kind of total fraud?

Advertisement
Back