Did anyone expected Richt to lost the fanbase this fast?

94UmGrad

Sophomore
Did anyone of us envision that MR will lost the fanbase in this manner? Some people were a little suspicius after 4 straight looses but he was still respected. After the UV game everything have change, he show us who he really is and the stubborness plus shortcomming that cost him the Georgia job. We give Randy a chance and know what to expect, Golden was an old car salesman but he at least acknowledge his failures but this man is on full free ride!!

Advertisement
When we win the coastal and get back to the ACCCG the only people "lost" are idiots

I think like me most fans thought we were over losing to the UVA’s of the world. I think getting hit with this reality that we are not and it’s because of the deliberate choices Richt has made has really expedited the process.

Last edited:
Did anyone of us envision that MR will lost the fanbase in this manner? Some people were a little suspicius after 4 straight looses but he was still respected. After the UV game everything have change, he show us who he really is and the stubborness plus shortcomming that cost him the Georgia job. We give Randy a chance and know what to expect, Golden was an old car salesman but he at least acknowledge his failures but this man is on full free ride!!

He already exposed himself as incompetent. How did we end least season?

Advertisement
We're seeing the same thing the last regime did, and that's the refusal to swallow their pride because their system and scheme doesn't work here.

It also the fact that they act clueless when asked about why their side of the ball they are suppose to be "expert" in is woefully bad with the talent we have.

No one can convince me Miami should be 77th in total offense playing in the ACC.
No one can convince me Miami should be 77th in total defense playing in the ACC.

We recruit BETTER then 90% of the ENITRE conference and 99.9% better then our DIVISION and that's by a large margin.

Last edited:
If this forum is his fan base lord help us all. Once he gets his QB we will be fine. Richt is basically nicely telling us Perry is not a leader and not the answer. A good QB would solve most our problems.

Advertisement
When I heard rick jr talked rick sr into keeping Perry in the game, something didn't jive. At that point,I knew wheels were going to come off. I just didn't expect it to happen so soon and at uva.

What an innovative intelligent post, this has never been mentioned before and you came up with it. You need to post more often.

Depends on what you mean the majority of fans are fine with him, but this is a message board and by definition is filled with mostly hardcores and tend to be a lot more histrionic with this stuff, it’s not just Miami, every fan board is full of hyperbole and overreactions... but you could argue that as those are also the loudest public voices it ends up being the narrative.

I always laugh when I see political threads or social issue conversations on these boards turn into internet screaming matches, or how often people jump on those in power making quick decisions with regards to firing people on “accusations” only, and yet that’s the same thing fans call for all the time in the world of college sports.

Advertisement

He's only lost those who have amnesia and alot of young and new UM fans who dont know football like they should. How soon they forget what shape this program was in 3yrs ago, nowhere near the #1 defense in the nation unless we were counting from the bottom. All of a sudden people acting as if this defenss was playing lije this before coach got here. The sad part is, we coach richt has already proven in his short time here, that when he has the players in place, we'll be a dominant team and a force to be wreckoned with. People trying to compare what coach did at UGA to what he's doing here is asinine. What year did UGA have the #1 defense in college football while coach was there. He did almost everything there except win a national title. He's backk home when players that are born and bred with a championship mindset, to many times he had to try and manufacter that while he was at UGA, he doesnt have to do that here, just has to make sure that guys are putting the work in.

Let's do better people, this progrwm is being built back up to what it should be one recruiting class at a time. The college football world already knows its just a matter of time, once this offense starts being consistent, and special teams improve, hello playoffs.

"4 straight LOOSES" -- yeah... that will sure as **** do it ! :zczkqmritjdsoaq.jpg:

Advertisement
We're seeing the same thing the last regime did, and that's the refusal to swallow their pride because their system and scheme doesn't work here.

It also the fact that they act clueless when asked about why their side of the ball they are suppose to be "expert" in is woefully bad with the talent we have.

No one can convince me Miami should be 77th in total offense playing in the ACC.
No one can convince me Miami should be 77th in total defense playing in the ACC.

We recruit BETTER then 90% of the ENITRE conference and 99.9% better then our DIVISION and that's by a large margin.

all this, right here

Where have you been? People have been complaining since before the first snap. You are just hearing them all now as most of them have been silent. I've heard "vanilla offense" by so many housewives who don't know the definition of the word. "There's a reason Georgia fired him" was echoed for years by people that couldn't understand why Georgia fired him.
Honestly, Golden had an easier time because he hadnt been coaching for so long.

Where have you been? People have been complaining since before the first snap. You are just hearing them all now as most of them have been silent. I've heard "vanilla offense" by so many housewives who don't know the definition of the word. "There's a reason Georgia fired him" was echoed for years by people that couldn't understand why Georgia fired him.
Honestly, Golden had an easier time because he hadnt been coaching for so long.

People have lesser patience after dealing with stubborn Al Folden who would rather lose his job than fire his buddy D'No... ... never could wrap my head around that .

...now along comes Richt & son...

same coin different side.

Advertisement
Back