Did anyone expected Richt to lost the fanbase this fast?

Ok, let me give you an example of how these recruiting sites work and dont know WTH they talking about. The bases for your argument is based upon recruiting website rankings thus your statement "other teams do more with less" what is that based on. For instance when coach shannon was here, they dubbed that 2008 class as the so called #1 class in the nation, back than i kept laughing cause i said how can you rank a class#1 that's full of receivers and linebackers. But people were judging shannon based off of the nerd websites pushing that as the #1 class, i told people during that time that shannon's best class was the 2010 class, Why, because it was his most "physical" class. When you look at football from a regional standpoint, the cold states automatically start off playing a more physical style of offense because of the environments they're in, so running the ball is a must, this goes back to how you use to not be able to get to many good offensive linemen down here, more skill position players and defensive players.

You not gone have it easy with a garbage o-line and when you're stuck with Jahir jones, hayden and st. Louis, their is only so much coaching you can do. Who on here ever thought those two would be starters, do you think if they had any other options that those 2 guys would be in their. Ill say this, come next year is where coach searels should began to show his worth or not, but i will say this, coach richt is not helping by calling some plays where it requires to much trust in this o-line. But he has to run what the practice.
Here’s the thing. The 2008 class also included Forston who was widely considered one of the top DT’s in the country and a couple of high level offensive linemen. But we had poor development at that position as well and those linemen never really panned out. In my opinion since Moffit left the strength program and went to LSU we seem to get pushed around at the lines, no matter who we recruit.

Advertisement
Here’s the thing. The 2008 class also included Forston who was widely considered one of the top DT’s in the country and a couple of high level offensive linemen. But we had poor development at that position as well and those linemen never really panned out. In my opinion since Moffit left the strength program and went to LSU we seem to get pushed around at the lines, no matter who we recruit.

"we get pusher around at the lines" --- please correct your post to "the OL gets pushed around" ... DL lost few studs last year and is pretty good this year

Advertisement
Back