Diaz stops Wed. practice at one point for lack of effort, talks McCloud redshirt

View as article
Who are the hardest working players on this team? Jimmy Murphy? Tate Martell? Let’s get them on the field! Whooo!

Advertisement
The players only do what they feel they can get away with.

People have this fervent need to want to attack players, but players play & Coaches coach, the responsibility lies with the coaches to get the players to respect practice & give maximum effort. If guys aren't practicing hard it's because the people responsible for keeping them in line haven't done their job.

You think Saban, Dabo, or Lincoln Riley has to pull teeth to get guys to fall in line & practice hard? No, because those players know if they don't they won't see the field & will be immediately disciplined & replaced.

Our fans think Chidlren are supposed to raise themselves while parents sit back & take credit for it, don't work that way... If your kid is bad, it's because you didn't raise'em right, it's really that simple.
My cousin played for Saban at Michigan state and Saban had this problem too I will just leave at that the myth of Saban came with sec money me and my cousin laugh about that all the time

The players only do what they feel they can get away with.

People have this fervent need to want to attack players, but players play & Coaches coach, the responsibility lies with the coaches to get the players to respect practice & give maximum effort. If guys aren't practicing hard it's because the people responsible for keeping them in line haven't done their job.

You think Saban, Dabo, or Lincoln Riley has to pull teeth to get guys to fall in line & practice hard? No, because those players know if they don't they won't see the field & will be immediately disciplined & replaced.

Our fans think Chidlren are supposed to raise themselves while parents sit back & take credit for it, don't work that way... If your kid is bad, it's because you didn't raise'em right, it's really that simple.

I agree largely with what you said here and I'm not in the business of defending University of Miami corching staffs but the overall premise could* be reframed.

If the end barometer of judgment is actual game success then you could* say that good coaching/parenting IS going on here because they're at least seemingly refusing to accept mediocre preparation effort.

But your point still stands in that great coaching would create a practice environment where it would be beyond rare for a coach to have to do this and when they did it was more due to them playing mind/motivational games than an actual real lack of effort at practice.

Advertisement
My cousin played for Saban at Michigan state and Saban had this problem too I will just leave at that the myth of Saban came with sec money me and my cousin laugh about that all the time
Didn't saban beat a few highly ranked teams there? I remember it was said they beat osu when they were #1.

When was the last time a coach did something like this? Sounds like they’re trying to put the dawg in some of these guys. If you ain’t got it you ain’t got it the theory is brilliant.

You will never create a heart of a lion when you allow the sheep to dance to 17-12 victory over CMU.

This program has become soft.

Maybe we will look back and say this was when Manny graduated from 'Corch' to 'Coach'.

We'll see.

Advertisement
Before Saturday there have been zero rumblings of lack of effort. We battled our asses off against the Turds and UNC, then rolled over BC.

All this speculation about an onging issue that’s just now being addressed is not backed by anything we’ve seen in games prior to last weekend.

A very troubling sign! Very troubling indeed, if U ask moi. hUh And Miami has only THREE practices this week. So some college football simpleton, myself for instance, would figure the team would give 110% effort in those three practices. SMH

Also, as Miami fan knows, Miami DOESN'T have QUALITY depth to pull 1st team players during the game. As a mild form of punishment.

Nevertheless, Miami fan worldwide will find out what this current Miami team IS ALL ABOUT come October 5!

He’s got to take away the turnover chains, TD rings, stop the dancing and celebrating bull**** on the sidelines.

He’s gotta let go of the idea of Miami football that’s in his head and that is from the past and instill Fundamental, sound football.

Fun should not be allowed when you’re 2-2. He also has to reevaluate the types of players we recruit. Need more Osborne’s on the team. He needs to completely overhaul the program from top to bottom. I don’t know if he knows it but he should now

The turnover chain had its run and the Prince Albert rings was jumping the shark. All that gimmick stuff is played out and time to move on.

Advertisement
Instead of stopping practice, why not make them work harder? "Oh, so you don't want to work? That's IT! We are stopping practice!" Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.

EDIT! I over reacted to the TITLE OF THE THREAD. Jesus, I guess I was the only one too ****ed off to read the whole thing after reading the title.
Thomas .........FOCUS.....this is what some Miami players are doing......lol.....1 minute drills for you......

There had to be a no fun policy when you are 2-2. Practices should be serious. You should be getting yelled at for that performance on Saturday and not allowed to listen to music and joke around.

The Disease.

When I was in the Marine Corps, if we had Marines sand-bagging and not pulling their weight, we didn't let the higher ups deal with it. We took care of business in-house. It's time some of these Jersey's with the "C" on it take the dead weight around back of the IPF and "have an understanding". Where are the leaders?

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 6
Advertisement
Didn't saban beat a few highly ranked teams there? I remember it was said they beat osu when they were #1.
Yes he did 20 years ago and it is what got him the LSU job but he was not great at the beginning is what I am saying and his teams always had a bad loss at Michigan st

Start taking playing time away from guys it’s that simple

That's a sound reasonable suggestion, but Miami DOESN'T have the quality depth to pull starters, for a few plays, during the game. For example, which offensive line player are you going to put in the game? If Diaz and Enos decide to pull Donaldson and Nelson. Or say Donaldson and Clark.

The same situation goes for a starter in the secondary. Or at defensive tackle.

In other words, there's just no QUALITY depth behind the majority of the starters on either defense or offense. He!!, Miami only has " 75 " players on scholarship, and one could arguably say that TWENTY PERCENT of those players DON'T belong at Miami. Or any other Power 5 program. OUCH.

Yes he did 20 years ago and it is what got him the LSU job but he was not great at the beginning is what I am saying and his teams always had a bad loss at Michigan st
He was a new hc tho. I think before that he was only the hc 1 year at toledo. So he was still learning on the job.

The players aren’t stupid. They know what corches look like. It starts at the top.

Stop allowing your OC and DC to put your players at a disadvantage from the whistle. If you don’t have the cojones to set the law down with your coaches, how the **** do you expect the players to respect you, Manolo?

Stop trying to be likable and bust out the whooping stick. At this point it’s “**** or get off the pot” time.

By all the busted coverages in the secondary I wouldn’t be so confident with “ the players aren’t stupid “ comment.

I’ve never seen busted assignments be as common as this year, it’s like breathing air for those kids.

Advertisement
Back