Diaz Not Impressed With Corn

Advertisement
He got beat in the scrimmage at Oxbridge a few times. By Coley and Berrios

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Diaz basically said we don't have a number one corner, that shouldn't be a shocking statement. Corn is a solid number 2 at best. JC Jackson would become our number one the day he stepped on campus.

Nothing Tracy Howard did on the football field was better than Corn. Diaz is trying to get him to an Elite level. He knows he's his number 1 corner and a good one at that. He's just trying to get him to be elite every snap.

I said I didn't see how Corn is automatically the #1 corner on the team. Corn is a very good nickel corner but IMO Tracy Howard was / is a better field corner for comparison.

Tracy has more career interceptions...

better move jaquan johnson over there soon...malek young on the way too...still a scary situation at cb

Advertisement
He's not a number one corner. He's a nickel who is fast on a good team, that's about it.

Nothing Tracy Howard did on the football field was better than Corn. Diaz is trying to get him to an Elite level. He knows he's his number 1 corner and a good one at that. He's just trying to get him to be elite every snap.

I said I didn't see how Corn is automatically the #1 corner on the team. Corn is a very good nickel corner but IMO Tracy Howard was / is a better field corner for comparison.

He isnt elite tho.

Hence " trying to get him" to an elite level. He's our best CB and will be.

He isnt elite tho.

Advertisement

So??? Mackenzie Alexander is about to be the first corner drafted without an INT in his career

Diaz total defense in Texas his first year was top 10. That team started a true freshman (Quandre Diggs) at one corner and an inexperienced sophomore (Carrington Byndom) at the other, but still produced a strong secondary. He should be able to produce a good defense with what he has.

So??? Mackenzie Alexander is about to be the first corner drafted without an INT in his career

Alexzander has fallen to the 2nd round for most scouts and likely because no ints.

Alexzander has fallen to the 2nd round for most scouts and likely because no ints.
Na bad combine interviews and now apparently he's a little bit too small...Then comes the INT's. Really hope the Dolphins have a chance to grab him even if they go CB in the first round

Advertisement

Him and Hargreaves are the most overrated corners in the draft.... Artie Burns is better than both IMO.

Advertisement

Na bad combine interviews and now apparently he's a little bit too small...Then comes the INT's. Really hope the Dolphins have a chance to grab him even if they go CB in the first round

****. Always thought he was about 5'9-5'10.

Why can't it be both?

Is it really implausible that Corn could be playing below his own capabilities right now AND Diaz took to the media to get him to turn it up.

Nowhere in those quotes does it seem like Diaz is saying Corn isn't good. He's saying he isn't playing to the standard as we speak and obviously that's not good enough.

Corn is also playing in a new scheme. Don't know if that's a good or bad thing for him yet.

But don't forget people, it's April. Corn BEEN with the *****. I'll trust what I've seen from him with the lights on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corn was very good by my eye test. IDK with some of yall he's either Deon ****** Sanders or a Jag. He's very good, NFL level good, and if thats not enough, your D is busted. He's a fine starter, we need 2 more at that level and its not clear wether or not we have that right now. I think with the big guys we've got, we gotta take a play from the Seahawks and Jam everything at the line, blitz like crazy, and live with the ****ups.

IIRC, recently, Mike Rumph said in his interview with Joe Rose, that Corn is clearly the #1 .

"Re Corn elder: he can be the #1 that we can put on anybody. Reminds me of Duane Starks. Will hit you. Don't have to keep an eye on him."

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/coach-rumph-wqam/98108?highlight=rumph

Nah. Corn's average. He's going to be the new voodoo doll for all these morons to stick their pins in because they buy everything a coach tells the media at face value.

Advertisement
Back