Diaz Not Impressed With Corn

It's not too late to grab Fabian Moreau as a graduate transfer.

I'll make the phone call right now. :babyface:

Advertisement
Motivational ploy. I am not of the opinion that Elder is some star, but he's decent. If it is truly hard to tell whether he's our best corner, then we must have 2-3 decent corners on the team. In that case, we definitely should be able to slow people down. If not, maybe our defensive coaching upgrades were overstated.
Or we have 2-3 ****** corners

In order for Corn Elder to be a better corner, he needs to listen to his elders on how Corn Elder can be a better corner, only then will Corn Elder turn the corner at corner.

crossover22[]_[];2522277 said:
crossover22[]_[];2522035 said:
Corn is a good corner but not a true number 1 corner. Losing byrd hurt bad.
So Byrd, a guy who Tennessee moved to Safety, is a number 1 CB but Corn isn't.

You scouts with your dopey catchphrases crack me up. Now, we're getting flooded with "number 1 CB" nonsense.

^^This
:q3XKXeX:

You realize miami was recruiting him at cb and was telling him he would start from day 1.

You are you using Tennessee moving him to safety to justify your argument. Maybe they are terrible at safety and needed help there.

Players are moved to different positions all the time depending on what the team needs.

Or maybe you just accepted that stupid facqit Byrd's word that UM told him he'd start from day one at CB. Maybe UM told him he'd have a good chance to start at CB. I doubt a guy like Redwine was gonna roll over and let that mustachioed facqit take his job.

Byrd would have faced the same challenges here that he has faced at UT. He wouldn't have covered any better here than he did there.

Advertisement
crossover22[]_[];2522277 said:
So Byrd, a guy who Tennessee moved to Safety, is a number 1 CB but Corn isn't.

You scouts with your dopey catchphrases crack me up. Now, we're getting flooded with "number 1 CB" nonsense.

^^This
:q3XKXeX:

You realize miami was recruiting him at cb and was telling him he would start from day 1.

You are you using Tennessee moving him to safety to justify your argument. Maybe they are terrible at safety and needed help there.

Players are moved to different positions all the time depending on what the team needs.

Or maybe you just accepted that stupid facqit Byrd's word that UM told him he'd start from day one at CB. Maybe UM told him he'd have a good chance to start at CB. I doubt a guy like Redwine was gonna roll over and let that mustachioed facqit take his job.

Byrd would have faced the same challenges here that he has faced at UT. He wouldn't have covered any better here than he did there.

Very possible. But looking at our cb depth you cant say it didnt hurt losing him.

I havent read if hes had coverage problems at Tennessee. Maybe he has.

Point is. I like corn and think hes a good corner just not who id want to be the top corner at the University of miami

Again. Absolute disgrace that we are so weak at this position. We need to recruit two that can come in and start day one next year or we'll be in even worse shape. Tall order.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Like i been saying a lot of these guys are not as good as you think and have been over hyped. I never saw where all the hype about corn came from.

How about his playmaking ability in regards to touchdowns, pbu's, ints, sure tackler and coverage ability. You can choose to look at that if you want too. Corn is good but when your are going against Stacy coley everyday your are going to get beat period.

Dude has been getting beat deep by berrios too. Corn had what 1 pick last year. He isnt a sure tackler, he has made some tackles here and there but nothing consistent.

He is a solid punt returner but that doesnt help him cover wrs. Corn is over rated. He is a solid nickle corner.
Cutcliff and Duke think he's pretty good even with a few missed calls..

Gotta play the hand you're dealt. Situations like this that show if a guy can coach. If you're able to come up with schemes to cover your lack in any particular area, then you're a good DC. Kinda like winning by bluffing. Any DC except Dorito can play good defense when loaded with studs. It's those coaches without studs who get stops that are truly good DC's.

Like i been saying a lot of these guys are not as good as you think and have been over hyped. I never saw where all the hype about corn came from.

How about his playmaking ability in regards to touchdowns, pbu's, ints, sure tackler and coverage ability. You can choose to look at that if you want too. Corn is good but when your are going against Stacy coley everyday your are going to get beat period.

Dude has been getting beat deep by berrios too. Corn had what 1 pick last year. He isnt a sure tackler, he has made some tackles here and there but nothing consistent.

He is a solid punt returner but that doesnt help him cover wrs. Corn is over rated. He is a solid nickle corner.

Duke thinks he's good as a return man, not CB.

Advertisement
Look i think corn is solid. I never said he was a scrub but he isnt what many fans was claiming he was. I'll give dude a slight pass until fall camp because he has been playing in that heavy soft zone **** for 3 years and maybe just needs more reps playing man.

Him and redwine need to step up because i heard both looked like **** in the scrimmage. Im not giving diaz a pass either because its his job to figure out how to mask these weaknesses.

Who cares about Byrdshyt? I sure don't after what he pulled. This thread reminds me of newspaper rags who print misleading headlines (to generate controversy) and then people jump all over it dissecting someone & taking things out of context. :stupid:

Byrd is not even a corner, UT already switched him to Safety because he doesn't have the cover skills.

Most people didnt know this btw.

Who cares about Byrdshyt? I sure don't after what he pulled. This thread reminds me of newspaper rags who print misleading headlines (to generate controversy) and then people jump all over it dissecting someone & taking things out of context. :stupid:

Byrd is not even a corner, UT already switched him to Safety because he doesn't have the cover skills.

They moved him to WR not S...btw WHY ARE WE STILL TALKING ABOUT HIM !!

Advertisement

They moved him to WR not S...btw WHY ARE WE STILL TALKING ABOUT HIM !!

AHHHGGHHGH, IDK BUT ITS ANNOYING lol

Advertisement
Back