Diaz gaining steam

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lincoln Riley and Dabo Sweeney had no head coaching experience either. You have to find the right person. I don’t think Manny is ready, but I would like Venables. I don’t think he would leave Clemson though.

Y’all forgot this? I didnt....

Good riddance Diaz.

We legit only had dominant performances from his defense against legit competition vs wvu in the bowl game, Norte dame and va tech in 2017 to name a few.

Other than that the defense was constantly undressed on big stages,

-Clemson shalacking 38-3
-Flat against Boston college
-Flat against Wisconsin in 2017 and 2018
-Couldn’t get the ball back to the offense vs ga tech in a 1 possession game with 6 minutes left
- Virginia tech beatdown in 2016
- pathetic showing defensively vs uva in 2017
And the list could go on , like i said good riddance . He had a good season this year but didn’t it seem like most times we played a big opponent or important game over the years that the defense in most cases didn’t show up?

tenor.gif

Y’all forgot this? I didnt....

Good riddance Diaz.

We legit only had dominant performances from his defense against legit competition vs wvu in the bowl game, Norte dame and va tech in 2017 to name a few.

Other than that the defense was constantly undressed on big stages,

-Clemson shalacking 38-3
-Flat against Boston college
-Flat against Wisconsin in 2017 and 2018
-Couldn’t get the ball back to the offense vs ga tech in a 1 possession game with 6 minutes left
- Virginia tech beatdown in 2016
- pathetic showing defensively vs uva in 2017
And the list could go on , like i said good riddance . He had a good season this year but didn’t it seem like most times we played a big opponent or important game over the years that the defense in most cases didn’t show up?

His defenses were really good, no reason to downplay it.

W shouldn’t be hiring him as HC for obvious reasons.

Advertisement
His defenses were really good, no reason to downplay it.

W shouldn’t be hiring him as HC for obvious reasons.
It’s not downplaying. I wish Him the best but outside of 3 big games i listed the defense did not show up and many big games. Sick of that sh*t

Last edited:
It’s not downplaying. I wish Him the best but outside of 3 big games i listed the defense did not show up and many big games. Sick of that sh*t
Nobody understands this, feel like they don't watch the games and they just look at the numbers which are inflated

Advertisement
Maybe Manny was leaving just because he was tired of Richt and his BS.

Maybe he’s willing to find out who the new HC is going to be and try and stay before heading north.

No it doesn’t make much sense but just as much sense as him being hired HC here..

Advertisement
For all the same reasons that we were calling for Richt needing to be gone and not just hire an OC... the same reasons apply to why we don't need Manny as a HC. It would just be lazy and not exactly solve anything. We had too many internal issues on top of the on field issues. Too many recruiting issues (not closing and not having a clue on what the top prospects were doing when it was obvious to everyone else and not offering early enough, etc) I'd be too afraid that too much would be the same and not enough would change that needs to change. We're tainted right now.

We need change in S&C, recruiting style, recruiting philosophy, complete offensive overhaul (even if it means no more Thomas Brown, Dugans, Hartley, etc), and ST needs an overhaul. It would be putting Manny in a ****** situation if Richt took the easy way out and now Manny gets retained and has to be the guy to break it to Jon, Searels, and whoever else that it's not working and he has to be the one to fire the guys that he probably doesn't even want to start with... but now they're his close friends for the last 3 years.

Even the defense had their shortcomings. The defensive recruiting had its short comings. We need someone that can go toe to toe with Saban and Kirby in recruiting and Diaz isn't that dude or we wouldn't have already lost the guys that we lost.

If they have any clue about the hire and what they're doing they won't make this mistake. Look back 10 years. No way we keep letting history repeat itself and make that mistake with only 10 years passing from hiring the DC from within from a fired HC and seeing that it will turn out the exact same way.

We need the recruiting bump from a new energy and a new name and new excitement. Diaz isn't hitting any of those boxes. It'll just be status quo per usual. Sure he may change up the offense... and to be honest I'd probably feel a lot better if he had already made a hire at Temple just to see where his head is... but he hasn't and I don't know if he would botch it or not. Love Banda, love Simpson and Rumph and Patke are fine coaches... but they need to go to. Time to clean house.

End rant.

Other than Saban, this board will never agree on a HC. Even then some will complain about how sneaky and liar he is.

Advertisement
Back