Diaz gaining steam

Advertisement
He's probably on campus to convince Banda and Patke to join him at Temple now. There's no way he's in the administration's consideration set at this point in his career.

Diaz with a dynamic OC could do very well. He would have to clean house on the offensive side of the ball (except maybe Hartley -- but solely as TE coach). Recruiting is the big question. The D gave up a lot of points against Wisconsin in part because Gerald Willis and JJack were out. They are two of the most physical guys on the DL. Plus, it doesn't help when the offense can't move the ball at all, you have virtually no running game (to eat the clock), totally lose the Time of Possession game, totally lose the field position game (cr@p punting) and your offense turns the ball over 5 times (some of them on the first or second play of the drive) and you can't sustain drives. Of course the opponent's going to score a lot in those conditions. Manny's defense was not as good this year as '01 (which only allowed 10.8 points per game) but it was very good. The stats and the defensive rankings support that. To say otherwise is simply false.

Advertisement
Advertisement
For all the same reasons that we were calling for Richt needing to be gone and not just hire an OC... the same reasons apply to why we don't need Manny as a HC. It would just be lazy and not exactly solve anything. We had too many internal issues on top of the on field issues. Too many recruiting issues (not closing and not having a clue on what the top prospects were doing when it was obvious to everyone else and not offering early enough, etc) I'd be too afraid that too much would be the same and not enough would change that needs to change. We're tainted right now.

We need change in S&C, recruiting style, recruiting philosophy, complete offensive overhaul (even if it means no more Thomas Brown, Dugans, Hartley, etc), and ST needs an overhaul. It would be putting Manny in a ****** situation if Richt took the easy way out and now Manny gets retained and has to be the guy to break it to Jon, Searels, and whoever else that it's not working and he has to be the one to fire the guys that he probably doesn't even want to start with... but now they're his close friends for the last 3 years.

Even the defense had their shortcomings. The defensive recruiting had its short comings. We need someone that can go toe to toe with Saban and Kirby in recruiting and Diaz isn't that dude or we wouldn't have already lost the guys that we lost.

If they have any clue about the hire and what they're doing they won't make this mistake. Look back 10 years. No way we keep letting history repeat itself and make that mistake with only 10 years passing from hiring the DC from within from a fired HC and seeing that it will turn out the exact same way.

We need the recruiting bump from a new energy and a new name and new excitement. Diaz isn't hitting any of those boxes. It'll just be status quo per usual. Sure he may change up the offense... and to be honest I'd probably feel a lot better if he had already made a hire at Temple just to see where his head is... but he hasn't and I don't know if he would botch it or not. Love Banda, love Simpson and Rumph and Patke are fine coaches... but they need to go to. Time to clean house.

End rant.

Very happy with myself trying to read some of my receipts before this **** got bumped. Was Trying to decide whether to delete my account or not before it happened.

Im sure I got sucked into the hype over the summer but I saw this **** from the get go.

Very happy with myself trying to read some of my receipts before this **** got bumped. Was Trying to decide whether to delete my account or not before it happened.

Im sure I got sucked into the hype over the summer but I saw this **** from the get go.
Absolutely no need to delete your account mj. Besides hitting the nail on the head in this post, you're one of the more knowledgeable posters on this site.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Ol Willie Diaz FACE ***
FB_IMG_1574723302616.jpg

Advertisement
Back