Dexter Williams still considering us

But of course, "all the recruits hate Golden" according to many on here. Yet here we have one of our top recruiting targets stating that his decommitment was because all of the nonsense going on and the possible departure of Golden.
I know. I have my doubts about golden as a coach but this whole narrative about him not being a good guy or likeable is nonsense.

Same here. After the ending to this past season, I'd be happy to see Golden move on if we find a replacement that can do the job. I don't think he's as terrible as some here pretend, but I don't think he fits well here either. But the amount of absolute fake BS that gets thrown around in here as "facts" about what Golden does or doesn't do, or how the players or recruits feel, is laughable.

Advertisement
Golden may be likeable but he's just not a good coach. You can make some excuses in year 1 and 2 about not having the right players to fit what you want to do, at this point it's all about coaching. The kids can see that and so can the other coaches sweeping in here taking kids.

I don't think he's as terrible as some here pretend, but I don't think he fits well here either.

LMAO at not being as awful as some people "pretend."

http://miami.scout.com/story/1484528-is-um-most-underachieving-team-in-america

According to the latest NFL Draft rankings on CBS Sports, Miami is clearly one of the most talented teams in all of college football.
The Hurricanes have 10 players who have a draft grade on their rankings list -- Duke Johnson, Phillip Dorsett, Clive Walford, Ereck Flowers, Jonathan Feliciano, Anthony Chickillo, Olsen Pierre, Denzel Perryman, Thurston Armbrister, and Ladarius Gunter.
The amazing part about that is that only one school -- the defending national champions and owners of a 27-game winning streak -- has more. Florida State has 12 on their list.

So we go 6-7 in one of the worst divisions in the Power 5 with a roster full of NFL players, but Golden isn't really all that bad in reality and the fans are just being harsh on him.

STFU. You have to try to do less with more the way Golden has. He is a terrible coach.

i hope that dont mean they got silents from jordan cronkrite and jordan scarlett. maybe he just wasnt feeling the coach.

I got that feeling also in reading the article.

Go Canes

Raises the question - who's the better duo: Scarlett & Cronkrite or Walton & Dexter?
For my money, Walton/Dexter. Scarlett's awesome and a tough runner, but Cronkrite looks like more of an ATH playing RB than a true RB. Walton/Dexter both can break long runs, and can do a little bit of everything.

Advertisement
i hope that dont mean they got silents from jordan cronkrite and jordan scarlett. maybe he just wasnt feeling the coach.

Go Canes

Raises the question - who's the better duo: Scarlett & Cronkrite or Walton & Dexter?
For my money, Walton/Dexter. Scarlett's awesome and a tough runner, but Cronkrite looks like more of an ATH playing RB than a true RB. Walton/Dexter both can break long runs, and can do a little bit of everything.

But Scarlett can do it all

Go Canes

Something that I find interesting is mfcanes (who's pretty good when it comes to south florida) is pretty doggone adamant that Cronkrite is not a Big 3 RB.

Go Canes

But if the question is if a combo of Scarlett/Cronkrite does more than Walton/Dexter, then I think the sum of Walton/Dexter is greater.

Scarlett/Cronkrite are a clear 1-2 punch. With Walton/Dexter, to me, that's 1A/1B.

Go Canes

But if the question is if a combo of Scarlett/Cronkrite does more than Walton/Dexter, then I think the sum of Walton/Dexter is greater.

Scarlett/Cronkrite are a clear 1-2 punch. With Walton/Dexter, to me, that's 1A/1B.

If I had too choose I'll pick Scarlett/ Walton

Advertisement

Go Canes

Great question. I haven't spent too much time watching these kids but from what Ive seen, I think Walton has the most upside of any of them. Scarlett is the biggest genetic freak of the group but from what Ive seen, he lacks a certain level of vision. My opinion is that vision is very difficult to teach. Scarlett kind of reminds me of Storm Johnson. Off the charts athleticism with only nominal control over it.

Go Canes

Great question. I haven't spent too much time watching these kids but from what Ive seen, I think Walton has the most upside of any of them. Scarlett is the biggest genetic freak of the group but from what Ive seen, he lacks a certain level of vision. My opinion is that vision is very difficult to teach. Scarlett kind of reminds me of Storm Johnson. Off the charts athleticism with only nominal control over it.
I've been trying to tell them. Walton is so overlooked.

Go Canes

I've been trying to tell them. Walton is so overlooked.

I have to admit to having a form of vertical knowledge bias here. Ive seen Mark Walton several times, so my very high opinion of him may be skewed in that regard.

I still can't believe that we haven't offered Julius. Like seriously, he would obviously be coming here if his teammate was too. This staff is acting like Julius is a scrub or something.

Advertisement
Speaking of Cronkrite, apparently...we're not the only ones who exploit the ever-important giant frosted chocolate chip cookie recruiting advantage.

Cronkrite Louisville Cookie.jpg

Are those stats accurate, doesn't seem like big numbers really. I see where he mentioned playing early as being a factor and its clearly going to be a challenge to do that here. I like his tape though, hope he commits here

Advertisement
Miami still popular with many recruits! The problem is GOLDEN! Other than a couple BOT's and a small majority on here, everybody else can clearly see the dude simply cannot coach or assemble a desired staff. It will be the easiest gig for the next coach to make a winner.

I'd take any combination of those guys , just give me two. No ***** given which two

Why are all you guys talking like it's a choice of Scarlett/Cronk or Walton/Dex?
That makes no sense.
We are getting Walton. He's probably one of the most solid commitments we have.
I think the big reason Dex decommited was because we won't bring in Julius, which is a complete mistake.
Scarlett might stick, he might not. But it won't be because of Dex, Cronk, or Walton.

Advertisement
Back