Dexter Williams still considering us

Advertisement
tumblr_inline_ne8ibiTWsH1rgextq.gif

Valentine decommited for the same reason last year, allegedly. Strange thing out of that article though, visit to Marshall?! They been any concern over dudes grades? Marshall visit makes on sense otherwise.

marshall was a top 25 team.
the last day he has been retweeting alot of miami stuff. i think he has been in touch with the staff.

A Florida Gators fan growing up, Williams said he talked briefly with new head coach Jim McElwain, but UF is not in the picture at this time.

:KYPOwCc:

Advertisement
i hope that dont mean they got silents from jordan cronkrite and jordan scarlett. maybe he just wasnt feeling the coach.

Al Golden needs to make the deal for Williams and Julius an just call it the price of doing business.

Go Canes

Advertisement
http://touch.orlandosentinel.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-82547835/

Dexter Williams still considering Miami; will visit Notre Dame, Texas A&M

In hindsight, Dexter Williams says he probably should have handled his decommitment from the University of Miami at little differently.

In fact, had he contacted coaches and expressed his concerns, the West Orange running back might still be committed to the Hurricanes 2015 recruiting class.

As it stands however, Williams, who announced his decommitment from 'The U' via his Twitter account Jan. 2, remains open in his recruiting process with the Hurricanes still very much alive among those teams he is still considering. He will visit Notre Dame this weekend and plans a trip to Texas A&M next week, with his remaining visit to be determined, likely between Marshall and Arkansas. He has already visited Miami and Louisville with his other official trips.

"Things got real crazy there for a while," Williams said in his first interview since his Tweet stirred up 'Canes fans everywhere. "I had to kind of lay low for a while and I wasn't doing any interviews. ... I just had to let things cool down for a while.

"I really decomitted from Miami because I was kind of worried about the coach's job, but I still have a lot of interest in Miami, knowing that things are still secure down there."

Williams said he still talks to "every single one of the coaches" at Miami and that head coach Al Golden and main recruiters Hurlie Brown and James Coley, as well as Kareem Brown, often are in his ear.

"They were all just asking me about what made me decommit and they just were saying that I should have called and did it over the phone with them [instead of Twitter]," Williams said. "I thought the same thing and that they were right. ... I should have.

"They were just basically saying don't forget us and they've been coming harder and harder. They are saying, 'Stay home and play in your own backyard and help bring Miami back.' "

Many figured Williams' decommitment had something to do with what could be seen as a crowded backfield with the 2015 crop since running backs Jordan Scarlett of Fort Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas and Mark Walton of Miami Booker T. Washington are also pledged to the 'Canes. Williams, however, said he still talks often with both Scarlett and Walton about the trio helping bring back the glory days of the old Miami, which won national titles in 1983, 1987, 1989, 1991 and 2001.

"We actually talk a lot about Miami, about trying to bring it back and we still talk about the same thing," Williams said. "They ask me if I'm still going to come to Miami and I've been telling them that I talk to Miami a lot and that I still have interest in Miami and they're just hoping I come back so we can get this thing going again."*

Things have gotten even more interesting since Williams' announcement. Top Miami running back Duke Johnson has declared for early entry to the NFL and Scarlett has said he is now "85 percent committed," and will be visiting Florida and Florida State in the final weeks before National Signing Day.

So the schools still in the hunt with Williams are Miami, Notre Dame, Texas A&M, Louisville, Arkansas and Marshall. He'll make his commitment likely before National Signing Day, but his plan is to only inform the coaching staff of the school he chooses. He'll make his decision public Feb. 4.

A Florida Gators fan growing up, Williams said he talked briefly with new head coach Jim McElwain, but UF is not in the picture at this time.

"Getting on the field ... playing time will be a big part of it, the depth chart will be a big part also, and then just being comfortable with where I'm at," Williams said of what it will take to win him over. "And also just knowing that I'm with a coach who really cares and is going to push me to my full potential.

"I'm feeling pretty good. It's starting to get a little tough because time is running out, but I'm just patiently putting everything in God's hands."

Teammate and slot back Jalen Julius will also be visiting Notre Dame this weekend. West Orange had its best season ever this year, posting an 11-1 record.

Williams ran for 871 yards adn 10 touchdowns on 124 carries dor his senior season. He transferred to West Orange from Orlando Olympia High, where he ran for*He ran for*1,072 yards and three touchdowns on 180 carries as a junior.

I thought he was enrolling early and now making a decision around signing day with marshall in the mix.

Advertisement
Still has classes to finish up. Word is that he will be okay to get into just about any school...

I thought he was enrolling early and now making a decision around signing day with marshall in the mix.

Something is telling me that mark walton is a true leader, I think hes working hard to keep this thing together, but the vibe im getting from this article is if Scarlett leaves Williams will come back don't think he wants to play in a three man backfield.

Something is telling me that mark walton is a true leader, I think hes working hard to keep this thing together, but the vibe im getting from this article is if Scarlett leaves Williams will come back don't think he wants to play in a three man backfield.

This

Advertisement

But of course, "all the recruits hate Golden" according to many on here. Yet here we have one of our top recruiting targets stating that his decommitment was because all of the nonsense going on and the possible departure of Golden.
I know. I have my doubts about golden as a coach but this whole narrative about him not being a good guy or likeable is nonsense.

The Julius kid can play. Offer him and get Williams back in the mix. We need another RB to go along with Walton.

Advertisement
Back