DeVonta Smith

Advertisement
I'm not giving up on Tua but to me it makes sense to draft a better prospect if you get the chance. But that's only if you have a suitor for Tua to get value back.

Tua is a more dynamic talent than Mac Jones. Jones may adjust quicker to the NFL but Tua has more upside.
I'm willing to give Tua a shot as well. I say see what it will take to get Watson tho. If the price is too high stick with Tua. I don't think they should draft another QB unless they had finished with the #1 pick then obviously then you take Lawrence and trade Tua.

For me, 1988 Barry is always #1. I’m in my mid 40s and been watching CFB actively since mid 80s.

barry
Randy
Marhsall

had more of an impact on me than smith. Smith has had the best college season for a WR I’ve seen since Randy.

also, Charlie ward in college was unfair.
How could you forget derrick thomas. I think he had 28.5 sacks his last year at bama

Both studs but the less catches just shows he was more of the deep threat in that off-season. Jefferson did all the dirty work on short routes and over the middle. He led the team in catches. Smith does it all.
Chase had to share snaps with two other first round receivers. After Waddle got hurt, it was Smith and Metchie. I like guys who have shown they can beat other NFL players. Chase did that every week last season.

Who holds up against physical corners more, Chase or Smith?

Advertisement
Chase had to share snaps with two other first round receivers. After Waddle got hurt, it was Smith and Metchie. I like guys who have shown they can beat other NFL players. Chase did that every week last season.
Go look at his numbers last year with 3 other first rounders on his team. Led Bama in yards and TDs last year with all 4 on the same team.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Both. Don't be fooled by Smith's size - he's elite at releasing vs press and honestly it's foolish to even try to press him. Physical corners might be able to disrupt him at the catch point.

Chase is imposing but you can nitpick his rudimentary release skills.

Sounds like you’re slightly Smith over Chase?

Advertisement
Smith has gotten so much better. He got bullied at some national camps in high school. He's worked himself into an all-timer. I'm not worried about his frame in the pros because he has strong hands.

Off-topic, but Metchie is one of the best blocking receivers I've ever seen.

Go look at his numbers last year with 3 other first rounders on his team. Led Bama in yards and TDs last year with all 4 on the same team.
Of course he did. He wasn't getting guys number#1 corner thou. Chase was getting Terrell, Chase was getting guys like Diggs.

No. Not even close. You put Calvin Johnson. Randy moss. **** Julio Jones in these modern offenses in college and they a problem
But they aren’t. And to say a WR who will finish with 120 rec. 1800yards 23 TDs, Heisman trophy, and the best player on a natty title team “not even close”, that’s tough.

Advertisement
Back