Devonta Smith Update?

Hopefully Nico Collins and Henry Ruggs take Smith's spot in the class. Interesting that all three of them are visiting the same weekend.

It turns out that Ardarius Stewart is skipping his senior season and will enter the draft. this means bammer now has a spot to take another receiver.

I suspect they will push harder for commitments from Ruggs and Collins (collins seems to be leaning Michigan). They will push hard for Smith too, but still I like our chances if Smith follows through on his OV.

I think this is pretty accurate except for having an extra spot. I'm not sure they weren't expecting Stewart to leave. It's been looking like they have 4 spots, and they are at 3. Ruggs and Collins seem to be higher on their board, at least Ruggs for sure is. It might come down to space.

Advertisement
LSU Stats / FACTS...

Run /Pass Ratio: 61 / 39
Avg. 15 completions per game
Avg 190 passing yards per game
Only 1 game over 300 yards
Five game under 200 yards
One game under 100 yards
Only 1 WR with a game over 100 yards

Truth - you can't make NO MONEY with stats like that......

Cant make no money huh?

Anyway, LSU has the best WR under 25 in the NFL, while Bama has the 2nd best. And obviously Landry is very good.

You would take Amari Cooper over Mike Evans?

LSU Stats / FACTS...

One game under 100 yards

Cant make no money huh?

Anyway, LSU has the best WR under 25 in the NFL, while Bama has the 2nd best. And obviously Landry is very good.

You would take Amari Cooper over Mike Evans?

Under what theory is Pooper the 2nd best WRs under 25?

Last edited:
Hopefully Nico Collins and Henry Ruggs take Smith's spot in the class. Interesting that all three of them are visiting the same weekend.

It turns out that Ardarius Stewart is skipping his senior season and will enter the draft. this means bammer now has a spot to take another receiver.

I suspect they will push harder for commitments from Ruggs and Collins (collins seems to be leaning Michigan). They will push hard for Smith too, but still I like our chances if Smith follows through on his OV.

I think this is pretty accurate except for having an extra spot. I'm not sure they weren't expecting Stewart to leave. It's been looking like they have 4 spots, and they are at 3. Ruggs and Collins seem to be higher on their board, at least Ruggs for sure is. It might come down to space.

I think Nico Collins ends up at Michigan and Ruggs goes to Bama. They have room for Smith. It will be up to Smith to decide if he wants to play early at Miami or possibly redshirt at Bama.

Advertisement

I think Nico Collins ends up at Michigan and Ruggs goes to Bama. They have room for Smith. It will be up to Smith to decide if he wants to play early at Miami or possibly redshirt at Bama.

Smith has the makings up a kid who chooses Bama then transfers to Miami in 2 years. He's like the textbook case actually.

LSU Stats / FACTS...

One game under 100 yards

Cant make no money huh?

One WR, whoopie. Everybody else is washing F'ing cars... great real.

Odell Beckham and Jarvis Landry very good

He's a Cane! DeeJay's Ace! Why wouldn't Rick make him the 1st person he visited instead of Pouncey?

Maybe because your first sentence is correct and the Pouncey is still on the fence. Or we have no shot in ****...

Or we have a possible flip in Njoku(Oregon) and we land Pouncey(rumored to be all Cane), Smith(Due to Alabaga being overstocked), Thomas(THANK YOU DJ). Obviously, just some thoughts off of what I've read!

He's a Cane! DeeJay's Ace! Why wouldn't Rick make him the 1st person he visited instead of Pouncey?

Maybe because your first sentence is correct and the Pouncey is still on the fence. Or we have no shot in ****...

Or we have a possible flip in Njoku(Oregon) and we land Pouncey(rumored to be all Cane), Smith(Due to Alabaga being overstocked), Thomas(THANK YOU DJ). Obviously, just some thoughts off of what I've read!

No its because pouncey is taking his ov this weekend. They will likely visit smith when it gets closer to his visit.

Advertisement

Njoku is considering Oregon now?

They offered but he has only one official scheduled right now and thats to miami.

Miami wide receivers coach Ron Dugans will start the contact period in Lousiana.

InsideTheU has learned that Dugans is set to swing by Amite High early Thursday to see five-star wide receiver Devonta Smith. He's then expected to fly back to Orlando to go in-home with Winter Park three-star wide receiver Jordan Pouncey.

Smith, who is ranked by 247Sports as the nation's No. 2 wide receiver and No. 15 overall prospect, is also slatted to get a visit from LSU offensive coordinator Matt Canada on the first day that coaches can be out on the road recruiting.

By chance, was Cristoballs recruiting Smith at Bama or was it all Napier?

Advertisement
Good God it's like as the world turns on here. Yall wanna constantly believe all these dramatics. I've told yall I only speak about what I directly know. If it's a opinion I say as much... I only explained to a few people but the only reason devonta never went public (besides possibly the usual teenagers indicision) was because we were recruiting jeudy still & he wanted to be the featured reciever in the class. I don't care what anyone else says about it. This is what I know.

So let me get this straight. Devonta Smith was thinking about us, but he didn't publically commit because he thought that we may get Jeudy and Smith wants to be the "featured receiver" in the class? That's some ****.

So with that said, he can't possibly go to Bama now then, right? Also, seems like LSU feels as though they'd have to make up a massive amount of ground to catch us and Bama for Smith. So...he comin'?

Also, what if we get Jeff Thomas? Would Smith back out again because he's not the [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] guy in the class? God, I hate recruiting.

This initially started back at paradise camp. At that point dugans was making it his #1 priority to make devonta comfortable playing with anyone. Problem was before his senior year his confidence wasn't apparently at its highest. I'd hope now he's comfortable knowing he's gonna get off regardless of what other recievers we got. Problem with that is it helps everyone in his recruitment. But in our instance like 252 says they play different positions & different styles of play. Thomas most likely will stay inside & devonta would take over Stacy's spot.

Smith's handler is at Bama so it's hard to get hopes up with him.

He's not a handler in this case. He's a mentor (usually one in the same) kid seems pretty smart. Has to realize anyone that would tell him go to any extremely run heavy team & share the ball with all those back,the QB & all those other wr doesn't have his best interest in mind.

He's not a handler in this case. He's a mentor (usually one in the same) kid seems pretty smart. Has to realize anyone that would tell him go to any extremely run heavy team & share the ball with all those back,the QB & all those other wr doesn't have his best interest in mind.

if the handler really cares about Smith, he would tell him to steer clear of Jalen Hurts, unless he likes blocking all the time and not getting passes thrown to him.

Advertisement

if the handler really cares about Smith, he would tell him to steer clear of Jalen Hurts, unless he likes blocking all the time and not getting passes thrown to him.

Or unless he enjoys getting passes thrown 3 yards behind or over him.

They offered but he has only one official scheduled right now and thats to miami.

Oregon and new head coach Willie Taggart also are trying to make a run at some Miami commits. The Ducks recently offered Carol City three-star linebacker De'Andre Wilder and Wayne Hills (N.J.) High three-star wide receiver Evidence Njoku. Both players have mentioned possible official visits to the school, but also state that they are committed to the Hurricanes.
That's off insidetheU.com TIFWIW

I would appreciate opinions of posters who followed closely our past and still on going WR targets: Where does D. Smith stand among our WR targets talent wise and productivity in HS?

He's arguably the most talented WR this year in the nation.

Handlers only care about paper. If Sabag really wants Smith, and the handler doesn't deliver, then said handler will be looking for a new job pretty quickly.

If this dude's really an ethical mentor and Sabag doesn't care that much about Smith then he'll tell him to stay the fck away from that abortion of a passing offense. Harry Beudy should have gotten that advice, but bags won.

Advertisement
Back