Devonta Smith Update?

Advertisement
Smith's handler is at Bama so it's hard to get hopes up with him.

He's not a handler in this case. He's a mentor (usually one in the same) kid seems pretty smart. Has to realize anyone that would tell him go to any extremely run heavy team & share the ball with all those back,the QB & all those other wr doesn't have his best interest in mind.

He did say the other day he has the best relationship with bama staff.

Hopefully Nico Collins and Henry Ruggs take Smith's spot in the class. Interesting that all three of them are visiting the same weekend.

It turns out that Ardarius Stewart is skipping his senior season and will enter the draft. this means bammer now has a spot to take another receiver.

I suspect they will push harder for commitments from Ruggs and Collins (collins seems to be leaning Michigan). They will push hard for Smith too, but still I like our chances if Smith follows through on his OV.

I think this is pretty accurate except for having an extra spot. I'm not sure they weren't expecting Stewart to leave. It's been looking like they have 4 spots, and they are at 3. Ruggs and Collins seem to be higher on their board, at least Ruggs for sure is. It might come down to space.

I think Nico Collins ends up at Michigan and Ruggs goes to Bama. They have room for Smith. It will be up to Smith to decide if he wants to play early at Miami or possibly redshirt at Bama.

By chance, was Cristoballs recruiting Smith at Bama or was it all Napier?

Neither. It's this guy:

GEORGIADOGS.COM - Sam Petitto Bio - University of Georgia Official Athletic Site

It's the UGA bio (that's why Smith committed to UGA) but the guy is at bama now. He's Baez-esque with the kids from Amite, LA (where Smith is from).

Even as a pessimist, a haul of McFarland, Thomas, and D Smith would significantly upgrade the weapons we have on offense to go along with Ahmon, and assuage the loss of Jeudy. Would be a **** of a close.

Advertisement
Good God it's like as the world turns on here. Yall wanna constantly believe all these dramatics. I've told yall I only speak about what I directly know. If it's a opinion I say as much... I only explained to a few people but the only reason devonta never went public (besides possibly the usual teenagers indicision) was because we were recruiting jeudy still & he wanted to be the featured reciever in the class. I don't care what anyone else says about it. This is what I know.
[MENTION=12910]Brooklyndee[/MENTION]; so you're basically saying he's ours. Am I right?

Thats what im gettin from dee's post. Interesting Tweed said it aint us but ima be cautiously optimistic and roll will brooklyn on this, **** it.

If he's right; when I come home to LA to visit, imma smash through Calabasas, swoop him up and take him to Stars, where the Champagne room ain't for the faint of heart.

Y'all party in Calabasas? **** y'all BOUJEE AF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Sam Pettito worked at GEORGIA under Richt. Prior to Georgia, Pettito coached at Amite (Devonta's school)

Devonta comitted to Richt and Pettito.

When Richt left, Pettito went to BAMA.

Devonta Smith is also very close with Shyeim Carter.

We are battling Carter and Pettito.

I do not believe Smith would even consider BAMA if not for those contacts.

It turns out that Ardarius Stewart is skipping his senior season and will enter the draft. this means bammer now has a spot to take another receiver.

I suspect they will push harder for commitments from Ruggs and Collins (collins seems to be leaning Michigan). They will push hard for Smith too, but still I like our chances if Smith follows through on his OV.

I think this is pretty accurate except for having an extra spot. I'm not sure they weren't expecting Stewart to leave. It's been looking like they have 4 spots, and they are at 3. Ruggs and Collins seem to be higher on their board, at least Ruggs for sure is. It might come down to space.

I think Nico Collins ends up at Michigan and Ruggs goes to Bama. They have room for Smith. It will be up to Smith to decide if he wants to play early at Miami or possibly redshirt at Bama.

By chance, was Cristoballs recruiting Smith at Bama or was it all Napier?

Neither. It's this guy:

GEORGIADOGS.COM - Sam Petitto Bio - University of Georgia Official Athletic Site

It's the UGA bio (that's why Smith committed to UGA) but the guy is at bama now. He's Baez-esque with the kids from Amite, LA (where Smith is from).

Pettito is from Amite as well, per his bio.

Yea, Pettito is such a great mentor that he hasn't committed to Bama yet even though he has the greatest relationship with the Bama staff

Advertisement
I don't think he'd be silent to Bama. I think he would just be committed to try & scare off the other WR croots. I'm starting to feel us on Smith. Im getting confident about it. Almost like I got a 10 inch crank.

I don't think he'd be silent to Bama. I think he would just be committed to try & scare off the other WR croots. I'm starting to feel us on Smith. Im getting confident about it. Almost like I got a 10 inch crank.

No need to brag, JG, some of us are trying to hold it down with 4 inches

Last edited:

No need to brag, JG, some of us are trying to hold it down in the 4 inch club

Haha you got a 4 inch.

Advertisement

Yeah, being a big time football star in Louisiana and committing to Saban or Satan, as they call him, is like committing suicide. LA people hate him more than anyone Else. Jealousy is huge there

Yea, Pettito is such a great mentor that he hasn't committed to Bama yet even though he has the greatest relationship with the Bama staff

Many suspect he's a silent to bama.

The thing with that is Bama isn't all that big into the silent thing right now. They just kinda take who they want. If D Smith was a top 10 national player maybe, but Bama doesn't have to play games with 99% of these kids at this. So if anything the pressure should be on D Smith to commit and save himself a spot.

I can understand why BAMA is very confident.

However, this can CAN be won on the official.

I think he wants MIAMI but he has a comfort level at BAMA that will be very difficult to overcome.

It is pretty clear he was going to commit to BAMA but held off because he loves Richt and Miami.

There is NO DOUBT that DeeJay Dallas' "ACE" is Devonta Smith. There is nobody else it could possibly be. They were committed to Georgia at the same time.

LSU is not really a factor. He has never had a good relationship with their coaching staff or an affinity for the school.

This will be a BAMA Miami battle to the end. BAMA is the favorite. We are gonna need to pull a DJ Williams/Kellen Winslow/Arthur Brown type upset to get him.

It appears Richt's strategy is to lay off Smith a bit and then come 1,000 miles per hour at the end considering he has assured the staff he is committing on signing day.

DeJay Dallas is enrolled and will almost certainly host Devonta. Nkosi Perry is also taking his visit that weekend. Richt, Dugans and Brown will spend 48 hours convincing Smith he can break records with Nkosi as his QB for 3 years.

I watched Devonta's highlights again and he reminds me a ton of Stacey Coley but taller.

My prediction: Miami

Advertisement
Back