Devonta Smith Update?

Jimmy Detail just said that he doesn't expect Devonta Smith in the LSU class. Thinks it's down to Bama and Miami and that the official visits will probably decide it.

Starting to feel better about him since we have the last visit.

However, have seen on this board that he is a silent to someone.

Brooklyndee has said in the past he thinks Smith ends up in Miami and Tweed has said he is a silent somewhere else.

Confusing recruitment but one I'll be watching closely on signing day.

Not true. The article never states that Detail doesn't expect him in the LSU class, but rather he cannot confidently pencil him in ala other prospects. Detail makes a point to state Smith's recruitment can go in a flurry of directions in the next 3 weeks

That's not true he clearly stated that LSU has a lot of work to do in order for him to land in the class, if you read the whole article it's about guys they think they have a good chance with, not guys they are penciling into the class.

Advertisement
Jimmy Detail just said that he doesn't expect Devonta Smith in the LSU class. Thinks it's down to Bama and Miami and that the official visits will probably decide it.

Brooklyndee has said in the past he thinks Smith ends up in Miami and Tweed has said he is a silent somewhere else.

Not true. The article never states that Detail doesn't expect him in the LSU class, but rather he cannot confidently pencil him in ala other prospects. Detail makes a point to state Smith's recruitment can go in a flurry of directions in the next 3 weeks

The article itself was predicting who would be in the class. Devonta Smith was not among the predictions, thus, he does not expect him in the class.

He specfically said that everything would have to go LSU's way for him to join and that he doesn't think that's likely.

I stated that he does not expect him in the class, not that he said definitively he won't be in the class. My previous statement is accurate.

Coño. You are right

Hopefully Nico Collins and Henry Ruggs take Smith's spot in the class. Interesting that all three of them are visiting the same weekend.

View attachment 41465

I saw and read this. It's what I was referring to. He didn't count Smith out to LSU although they are far behind Bama. Detail is smart not to completely rule out the hometeam before an official visit.

Hate to get caught up in semantics but there is a huge difference between ruling a kid completely out (slaton) or having a slim chance to land a player (tracy howard at this time in 2012)

Semantics included, Jimmy is saying he doesn't expect Smith in the class. That's what OP highlighted.

Hopefully Nico Collins and Henry Ruggs take Smith's spot in the class. Interesting that all three of them are visiting the same weekend.

It's a good way to get a commitment from Ruggs. Tell him you're gonna have the same conversation w the other two. there's one spot left and the subsequent conversations don't happen if Ruggs commits.

Advertisement
How on earth is someone more likely to sign with Alabama than LSU after Bama just showed what their offense will be for the next 3 years, AND they already have the #1WR in the nation.

Him having us and Bama in his top 2 means we are getting him imo.

It turns out that Ardarius Stewart is skipping his senior season and will enter the draft. this means bammer now has a spot to take another receiver.

I suspect they will push harder for commitments from Ruggs and Collins (collins seems to be leaning Michigan). They will push hard for Smith too, but still I like our chances if Smith follows through on his OV.

Advertisement
These WR recruits are living Banannaland. Its almost like when Bama plays they are watching a totally different game. How they convince these top kids to that they are going to be "the guy" when throw the ball to 1 wideout & they continuously sign the best. Hopefully Smith sees his opporturnity right in front of him..... Imagine having Smith along with Thomas to pair with AR-82 that would be so exciting.

Good God it's like as the world turns on here. Yall wanna constantly believe all these dramatics. I've told yall I only speak about what I directly know. If it's a opinion I say as much... I only explained to a few people but the only reason devonta never went public (besides possibly the usual teenagers indicision) was because we were recruiting jeudy still & he wanted to be the featured reciever in the class. I don't care what anyone else says about it. This is what I know.

Good God it's like as the world turns on here. Yall wanna constantly believe all these dramatics. I've told yall I only speak about what I directly know. If it's a opinion I say as much... I only explained to a few people but the only reason devonta never went public (besides possibly the usual teenagers indicision) was because we were recruiting jeudy still & he wanted to be the featured reciever in the class. I don't care what anyone else says about it. This is what I know.
[MENTION=12910]Brooklyndee[/MENTION]; so you're basically saying he's ours. Am I right?

Advertisement
[MENTION=12910]Brooklyndee[/MENTION]; so you're basically saying he's ours. Am I right?

Kid might as well be running sprints on Greentree with Ahmonn already
Cane lock

We finish with
Njoku
Thomas
Smith
Pouncey

We up boys

View attachment 41465

I saw and read this. It's what I was referring to. He didn't count Smith out to LSU although they are far behind Bama. Detail is smart not to completely rule out the hometeam before an official visit.

Hate to get caught up in semantics but there is a huge difference between ruling a kid completely out (slaton) or having a slim chance to land a player (tracy howard at this time in 2012)

Semantics included, Jimmy is saying he doesn't expect Smith in the class. That's what OP highlighted.
Why don't you just ask him? He posts on this site.

Thats what im gettin from dee's post. Interesting Tweed said it aint us but ima be cautiously optimistic and roll will brooklyn on this, **** it.

Advertisement

We will see. Hopefully he signs. Kid is very smooth in his actions for his age. Looks like he would also probably be a three year and to the league corner as well. Definitely has that projectable type build.

Thats what im gettin from dee's post. Interesting Tweed said it aint us but ima be cautiously optimistic and roll will brooklyn on this, **** it.

If he's right; when I come home to LA to visit, imma smash through Calabasas, swoop him up and take him to Stars, where the Champagne room ain't for the faint of heart.

Seems like your pretty confident we land Smith & I hope your right because if not the big dirty shïthawks will be coming to shït all over you.

Seems like your pretty confident we land Smith & I hope your right because if not the big dirty shïthawks will be coming to shït all over you.

That's one thing bout me bruh. I don't really care. If people are too stupid to understand recruiting & anything that involves an impressionable mind with competing factors with far too much money to burn can change a situation quickly then they should simply die. It would help filter out this board actually. As I've said bama is irrelevant here. Lsu & the money they throw around is the only thing that worries me. Kid loves dugans & richt. Understands the situation in front of him. As I've said yall on here wanna be miserable & wanna worship people that play on your fears. Not gonna put any names on that but I see through all the bull****. Now I'm gonna eat my dinner@Rellyrell bruh I might live in Calabasas but trust any city I'm in I know whenothing it's going down. Better ask some of these boys.lol

Advertisement
Back