Devastating Loss For FSU - Takeaways

Advertisement
Georgia Tech, who is still trash, practically tried to give them the game but FSU was like “naw dog, we want that L”. They were gift wrapped two easy interceptions with at least three other passes just lobbed softly that got broken up to go along with two blocked field goals and an extra point. Tech’s special teams coach makes Patke look like Saban

They very well may change QBs (and probably should).

I think they will look better on O against us just because we will leave half the players wide open every snap and those 2 back sets we will stunt the wrong way a handful of times ans get gashed.

That said we should win as long as we don’t think our OL is gonna dominate them

FSU’s OL is their biggest weakness. Slow, overweight and un-athletic. That said, Canes better put pressure on Blackmon as our corners will be toast otherwise.

Great point re: Knighton because I can’t recall an F$U backfield this bad since I started watching football back in 1991. This dude Webb is no Cam Akers. He’s a small back who doesn’t seem very fast and not the type that historically gives us problems. We will need to be prepared for Travis running the wildcat and contain.

I know F$U has two weeks to prepare for us. I know they always play us tough. But this is hands down their worst QB/RB situation in 30 years. No excuses for us. None.

Advertisement
Tech did everything in their power to lose this game. They should’ve had 4 scores by halftime.
King should have a nice day, FSU keeps no containment with their DEs. I’m really surprised Tech didn’t run more designed QB draws. FSU seems to have no offense outside of screens. Pretty freaking basic if you ask me.

Advertisement
Eye think that you our rite. Collins is a good coach. He is going to make beating GT reel tuff if he starts getting blew chip players. Eye for won, believe that he can due it. He just needs a little thyme! Who nos? Collins and his staph could give berth to a future dynasty. We will sea.
Thank ewe four making your reply easy two reed! Aye wish moor folks could right as well as ewe dew.

Completely agree. Culture is a massive issue up there. It was toxic at the end of the Jimbo era, and Taggart didn't make it any better. Haven't seen a team that folds as much as they do.
They need to clean house of many of those players fix that culture. Total rebuild similar to us a few years ago.

Saw this on Yahoo.

1600003698145.png

Advertisement
Keep Sleeping on Chaney....he looked like a Grown *** Man on his 30yd run....All I hear is Knighton (rightfully so) but Chaney ain't taking a backseat to anyone...watch and see...
Chaney will end up being the better all around RB. He's faster and stronger but Rooster has amazing cutting ability.

Great point re: Knighton because I can’t recall an F$U backfield this bad since I started watching football back in 1991. This dude Webb is no Cam Akers. He’s a small back who doesn’t seem very fast and not the type that historically gives us problems. We will need to be prepared for Travis running the wildcat and contain.

I know F$U has two weeks to prepare for us. I know they always play us tough. But this is hands down their worst QB/RB situation in 30 years. No excuses for us. None.
Agreed. Can’t even remember a time when their skill players were this mediocre. Factor in that OL which will make things even worse for them and they’ve got a disaster on their hands.

And the defense can only play over their heads for so long to keep them competitive. They’ll mail it in by mid season.

Such a shame. 🤣

Advertisement
I disagree. I think it shows Jimbo's skill that he kept that mess together as long as he did! Think about all those great recruiting classes that man brought in?

Jimbo did exactly what Larry Coker did after he won a title.

He stopped vetting his recruits and just took every top rated kid that would say yes.

That program was full of overrated bust with terrible attitudes like Ermon Lane and Matthew Thomas.

Yes there are a few gems there along the way kids like Wilson and Samuels but by and large. Their players are absolute trash.

It's funny to see people say we need to be scared of fsu because they are amazingly coached. Gt was supposed to have to worst trenches in acc football. Florida state was supposed to have the best defensive line.

So either the whole college football world was wrong (which could happen) or their coaching laid an egg.

I’m starting to dream about having a sound, fundamental defense the way I used to dream about having an aggressive defense under Golden.

Advertisement
Back