Devastating Loss For FSU - Takeaways

Advertisement
I was pretty impressed with Ga. Tech. D looked good and the qb will grow and develop. I think they will be a factor in coastal going forward.
Same here. Geoff Collins is a **** of a recruiter and coach. Once he's got his personnel, and his young QB develops, they're going to be a nuisance.

Advertisement
Jimbo really did a number on that program even though they won a title.

I know we’ve had some lean years but man FSU players look lifeless and like they could careless about FSU legacy.

FSU has a legacy?

You mean the one where they couldn't get past a small, private school?

I've said this over and over. FSU is barely a program (a la VT, but actually with rings). They are really one coach. Sure, Jimbo did well and won a ring, but it was a drop in the bucket relative to the Bowden tenure.

If Norvell isn't successful they'll be borderline USF status.

FSU who cares....they don't get any recognition in TX with the recruits so there downfall is understandable.

Advertisement
the Demise of FSU is incredible. Can’t believe they suck so much. Not long ago the only thing you would hear from their fans is that the U was irrelevant. if We were irrelevant then they are a High school JV team at best.
Really has been amazing, just five years ago they went 10-3 and it looked like Jimbo was just reloading. That they've fallen this quick is incredible.

From what I saw, Terry wasn’t very good tonight even when Blackmon got the ball near him.

Ga Tech had two field goals and a PAT blocked before they finally figured out how to get one through the uprights. Margin of victory could’ve been a lot worse if not for that. FSU did not look good at all. It’s amazing how that program has fallen off a cliff since 2016.

Advertisement
Advertisement
fsu has no positive culture. they played like they could care less. after what happened with norvell at the beginning of his tenure, the players won't play hard for him. toast
Completely agree. Culture is a massive issue up there. It was toxic at the end of the Jimbo era, and Taggart didn't make it any better. Haven't seen a team that folds as much as they do.

I've said this over and over. FSU is barely a program (a la VT, but actually with rings). They are really one coach. Sure, Jimbo did well and won a ring, but it was a drop in the bucket relative to the Bowden tenure.
You mean the same Bowden that had one 10 win season in His last 9 seasons? Now Jimbo's no Saban or Swinney, but let's not act like He didn't upgrade that program from the abyss that Bowden left.

You mean the same Bowden that had one 10 win season in His last 9 seasons? Now Jimbo's no Saban or Swinney, but let's not act like He didn't upgrade that program from the abyss that Bowden left.

Yes. Can't disagree. But the fact of the matter is without Bowden, FSU would be nothing as a program. He needed to go, but the way they handled it was downright sad, and I'm on record as being excited to **** on his grave when he finally croaks.

Advertisement
Back