Details of the weekend Diaz got hired...

funny thing is, FSU might get rid of Taggart in less than 2 years and he had a brand new staff, while we maintained a majority of our old staff for continuity purposes and I'm willing to bet Diaz tenure will be longer than Willie

Advertisement
Proves again our athletic department is a shltshow.

Instead of having a badass AD that handles hires, we have Cuck James the dopey human puppet in place so the morons behind the scenes can force him to make whichever stupid hire they prefer.

I hope that **** *** MILF Carol Soffer gets Manny canned after this 4-8 season and throws Cristobal I there. He's not great but Mandy is an incompetent worm in his Daddy's blazer playing dress up.

Let Epstein hear it, he listens. He was very active engaging with fans on Twitter at the end of Richt’s reign.

They wanted Diaz, period. Why look all over when the guy you want is in town? We would have been stupid to wait a week or two and still hire Diaz, whom UM wanted from the start. Even worse, wait a couple weeks, miss out on other targets, and not get Manny because he's put a staff together and is ready to get the ball rolling at Temple. We did the right thing.
I'm an idiot. We should have shut down the football program instead.

Advertisement
Again, doesn't sound like a "panic" move in the least. Sounds like Miami made the least-invasive move it could, in order to mitigate the damage, due to the timing and current state of the program.

Diaz just revamped a defense that was dead on arrival, thanks to Golden and D'Onofrio; Diaz's defensive turnaround starting year one in 2016. By 2017 the Canes had one of the best defenses in the nation; same with 2018, but an atrocious offense cost Miami too many games.

Based on that, retaining Diaz kept the defense in tact—and a guy who had the skills to do what he did over there; they believed he could bring in the right guy to fix the offense—Enos offered $1.2M annually do that that. (Whether Enos pans out or not, it was a good hire. If he fails, punt on him and get another solid guy.)

Keeping Diaz also kept the 2019 class as in tact as possible, opposed to it completely falling apart—while also getting Quarterman and Pinckney to return (as average as they have looked at times this year, defense would even worse relying on the guys behind them.)

Ludicrous for so many to paint some picture that Miami "panicked" in hiring Diaz—when it was simply the safest move based on what he did with the defense and the fact that someone from the outside would've been yet another full-blown rebuild—where the mindset was that after 2017's success and what the defense looked like, Miami didn't need to start over; it needed to tweak the offense, which was why the entire staff was fired and rebuilt from scratch.

That, and spare me with any "this is totally how it went down" nonsense from a friend of a guy who knows a guy on another message board who cuts some other dude's hair and overheard someone talking about it three chairs down nonsense. Nothing funnier / more pathetic in this fan base than anyone playing the "insider" card—in this case literally poaching something from another site and treating it as the transcript of what really happened.
He’s a first year head coach. His recruiting was sub par and there was nothing to salvage from our last class. You’re full of **** and dumb as **** too if you think you can justify hiring manny Diaz. This program has no business hiring a first time HC in the state that it’s been in for the past 15 years.

Last edited:
Manny didn’t hire himself. He isn’t the issue. How many times does this need to be said?
Idk but start somewhere I like his personality but he doesn’t have the head coach in him career DC and there’s nothing wrong with that

Absolutely NOTHING in that original post surprises me. One of my clients is "one of those guys"....a Golden Cane who donates a ton of money. He and I got pretty into it via text when he sent me a message a day before the hire was happening saying they were pushing hard for Diaz. I guess he was expecting me to be happy or grateful he was giving me inside info. I then proceeded to tell him it was a horrible idea......to which he didn't respond well and the conversation went sideways from there.

It's incompetence manifested within a weekend, put down on a message board in words. It basically summarizes the last 2 decades of UM football and shows you the genesis of how INCOMPETENT decisions get made.

This is EXACTLY why we need a strong, competent AD who is given AUTONOMY over these decisions. Our board is absolutely ******* clueless and "those guys" who keep hanging around the board and are among the more popular "donors" have too much say in what goes on.

It's a cluster *****. It's basically a thesis statement in what NOT TO DO, administratively.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Butch for AD

You're welcome aboard that bandwagon...but I've been driving that one for a few months now.

I NEVER wanted him back here as coach. He's too old and his time in that capacity has run its course......however the idea of him as an AD has intrigued me given the fact one of Butch's greatest strengths has always been the ability to surround himself with a good staff. That's EXACTLY the type of essential skill that is necessary, and would translate, to a move to athletic director.

Even for those that think it's a bad idea....he's 100 million times more qualified to be in that role than Blake James. We could do worse. He would absolutely clean house which is EXACTLY what we need.

Absolutely NOTHING in that original post surprises me. One of my clients is "one of those guys"....a Golden Cane who donates a ton of money. He and I got pretty into it via text when he sent me a message a day before the hire was happening saying they were pushing hard for Diaz. I guess he was expecting me to be happy or grateful he was giving me inside info. I then proceeded to tell him it was a horrible idea......to which he didn't respond well and the conversation went sideways from there.

It's incompetence manifested within a weekend, put down on a message board in words. It basically summarizes the last 2 decades of UM football and shows you the genesis of how INCOMPETENT decisions get made.

This is EXACTLY why we need a strong, competent AD who is given AUTONOMY over these decisions. Our board is absolutely ******* clueless and "those guys" who keep hanging around the board and are among the more popular "donors" have too much say in what goes on.

It's a cluster *****. It's basically a thesis statement in what NOT TO DO, administratively.
It's genuinely shocking to hear that the board and people in the administration that have no experience working in football think they know best like that. The arrogance needed to think you have the answer for such a difficult decision like getting a coaching hire correct should be insulting to anyone that takes one second of their day to follow the football program.

Selecting the correct coach is without a doubt one of the hardest things to do in all of sports and yet our disgraceful ******** in charge think a 4 hour search is all that's needed. And the answer was a guy with no HC experience, who couldn't get another P5 job if his life depended on it, for a program that DESPERATELY needed to bring in an ace at HC to fix the team after Richt gave us a once in a lifetime get out of jail free card.

I don't think I can bring myself to watch games anymore. The administration is too disrespectful to us fans.

Advertisement
You're welcome aboard that bandwagon...but I've been driving that one for a few months now.

I NEVER wanted him back here as coach. He's too old and his time in that capacity has run its course......however the idea of him as an AD has intrigued me given the fact one of Butch's greatest strengths has always been the ability to surround himself with a good staff. That's EXACTLY the type of essential skill that is necessary, and would translate, to a move to athletic director.

Even for those that think it's a bad idea....he's 100 million times more qualified to be in that role than Blake James. We could do worse. He would absolutely clean house which is EXACTLY what we need.

Brother I'll take him as an AD in a heartbeat. I know he wants to prove to everyone he still loves miami. He will do what ever it takes to get us winning again.

He will take his time to find a real coach unlike the current tard

Idk but start somewhere I like his personality but he doesn’t have the head coach in him career DC and there’s nothing wrong with that

How about start by addressing the issue? Do you know what our issue is with the program?

Advertisement
That Manny Diaz is a slick mf. Gave poor little Blake James a deadline to hire him or he walks to Temple. Poor little Blake folded under the pressure and handed the keys to the worst coach Miami has ever had. Manny Diaz pimped Blake and the BOT. Useless, clueless individuals we have running the show.

Manny isn’t slick, he is just dealing with potatoes. Look at the last 15 years of atrocious, illogical and irrational decision making. You think it is hard to outthink these mouth breathers.

Joe Moglia should have been hired as a coach / AD in waiting when Alfraud Grohlden was hired...

As AD Moglia should have been given complete control over the athletic dept side of the university..

Whichever piece of **** loser that called up the banner company and canceled it needs to be thrown off a roof for ruining what would've been PERFECT timing. We'll lose again and lose ugly, but god dammit it would've started the conversation 3 weeks earlier.

My guess is that it was @Go Canes!!
The night before the game (or morning of) a poster on here said the check the sky at 10:45

Advertisement
Back