Details of the weekend Diaz got hired...

Richt gets more respect daily for this move if it really went down like this. Cupboard is full, he says adios, saves everyone involved a lot of money. When its all said and done you will probably not see too many head coaches with a history like his go out like this.

***** Richt.

Advertisement
Not coming from me, but saw it on another board from a guy who claims he has a friend in the Canes booster community.

"Richt had a three hour meeting with Blake James on Saturday afternoon, during the course of which he agreed to overhaul the offense. Sunday morning, Richt called James and indicated that he wasn’t comfortable firing his staff, and that he’d prefer to retire instead (this saved the school 20m).
At this point, Rudy Fernandez (chief of staff to the President of UM, also SVP communications), who’s very close to Diaz Jr., started telling the board and James that UM had to retain Diaz.
Simultaneously, David Epstein and Manny Kadre, who are also the BoT for UM (and are also very close with Manny Diaz Sr., former mayor of Miami) started pressuring James to interview Diaz ASAP.
While this was all happening, Jeff Soffer (whose mother is the namesake of the indoor practice facility—among a family of billionaires) was reportedly ready to pony up 10m for the buyout of Mario Cristobal. Adding to this, Cristobal’s wife was interested in the move, however I haven’t seen texts about Mario’s personal interest.
On Sunday night, James interviewed Diaz, who expressed his interest in the UM job, but also mentioned that he couldn’t keep stringing Temple along, as he was in the midst of assembling a staff, on top of recruiting starting next week. Diaz Jr. informed James that he was leaving for Philadelphia within the next few days (Monday/Tuesday) and they would have to make an immediate decision.
The rest is history, as Diaz was offered the job on Sunday evening."

Just thought I'd share - need some other discussion to keep us busy during this OC search.

Nice and great job by Manny to close that deal.

Not coming from me, but saw it on another board from a guy who claims he has a friend in the Canes booster community.

"Richt had a three hour meeting with Blake James on Saturday afternoon, during the course of which he agreed to overhaul the offense. Sunday morning, Richt called James and indicated that he wasn’t comfortable firing his staff, and that he’d prefer to retire instead (this saved the school 20m).
At this point, Rudy Fernandez (chief of staff to the President of UM, also SVP communications), who’s very close to Diaz Jr., started telling the board and James that UM had to retain Diaz.
Simultaneously, David Epstein and Manny Kadre, who are also the BoT for UM (and are also very close with Manny Diaz Sr., former mayor of Miami) started pressuring James to interview Diaz ASAP.
While this was all happening, Jeff Soffer (whose mother is the namesake of the indoor practice facility—among a family of billionaires) was reportedly ready to pony up 10m for the buyout of Mario Cristobal. Adding to this, Cristobal’s wife was interested in the move, however I haven’t seen texts about Mario’s personal interest.
On Sunday night, James interviewed Diaz, who expressed his interest in the UM job, but also mentioned that he couldn’t keep stringing Temple along, as he was in the midst of assembling a staff, on top of recruiting starting next week. Diaz Jr. informed James that he was leaving for Philadelphia within the next few days (Monday/Tuesday) and they would have to make an immediate decision.
The rest is history, as Diaz was offered the job on Sunday evening."

Just thought I'd share - need some other discussion to keep us busy during this OC search.

We keep hearing stories about how UM is ready to spend big sums of money, but then....awe shucks....something always falls through and we just happen to end up with the bargain basement guy.

Very convenient. Too convenient.

It’s like they want credit for supposedly being “willing” to spend money, but they conveniently don’t end up spending any actual money.

Yeah sure.

UM is like the guy who talks a big game about buying a rolex, but ends up buying a casio.

Advertisement
If this is true, Mork was a ****king coward. He should be ashamed. Throwing out some half *** goodbye note. Not even giving UM the decency of a press conference like he gave his beloved Georgia when he was fired. Fired! Which is worst than resigning. He could have saved the staff just by firing Jr and Searels and hiring an OC. Shiit if the Soffers are willing to pay Mario's buyout, they could have personally bank rolled the OC for 5 years. Mork revealed who I thought he was all along. Haha.

If this is true, Mork was a ****king coward. He should be ashamed. Throwing out some half *** goodbye note. Not even giving UM the decency of a press conference like he gave his beloved Georgia when he was fired. Fired! Which is worst than resigning. He could have saved the staff just by firing Jr and Searels and hiring an OC. Shiit if the Soffers are willing to pay Mario's buyout, they could have personally bank rolled the OC for 5 years. Mork revealed who I thought he was all along. Haha.

You assume CMR wanted to still coach. He struck me as a man that lost his passion for the game. Last half of the season he struck me as a guy that was running on empty.

Advertisement
You assume CMR wanted to still coach. He struck me as a man that lost his passion for the game. Last half of the season he struck me as a guy that was running on empty.

I knew it was empty the minute he gave his first UM press conference. He was lying to himself. Collected around $12mil in his short stint and bounced. Coward. Calling plays took the remaining fuel he had and should have never taken that role. It was a disservice to UM, his coaches and to the fans. He knew he had nothing left and was even smirky and stubborn throughout his fall. Losier gives us the best chance to win bullshiiit. His 4 plays. Could've handled this fall gracefully like he did with Georgia. Fucck Mork.

Richt gets more respect daily for this move if it really went down like this. Cupboard is full, he says adios, saves everyone involved a lot of money. When its all said and done you will probably not see too many head coaches with a history like his go out like this.

i dont know what it is, but i have a hunch there is a second, handshake "super secret" (degnan miller voice) deal with richt that will come out later

Advertisement

The shelves are not full....this team is lacking a lot of depth, especially along the LOS and the QB position.

It seems to me that CMR wasn't going to win no matter what he did. If he stayed and made no changes, the fans on this board and other social media outlets would continue to roast him (not that it wasn't deserved). If he stayed and made changes, the heat would be a little less based on who he hired/fired but his seat would be very hot still. CMR chooses to leave the program (giving up 20 million to do so) which was something that every genius on this board said he would never do. Who cares what he reasons were, he could have stayed and just continued to run the program into the dirt and there would be nothing anyone could do about it. Instead, we still have posters taking pot shots at a coach who not only gave us a IPF center but also took us to our first ACC Champ game since we joined the ACC.

Mark needed to go and we all know this but is it too much to ask for a little appreciation for what he did for us why he was here? I know all Mark Richt haters will jump on me for saying this on CIS (which stands for Canes Insipid Summations from now) but I felt it needed to be said.

The man is gone and we should look to what he did for us while he was here instead of calling the man a coward. Mark Richt was a lot of things but Coward is not one of them.

Let the hate begin....3,2,1....

I knew it was empty the minute he gave his first UM press conference. He was lying to himself. Collected around $12mil in his short stint and bounced. Coward. Calling plays took the remaining fuel he had and should have never taken that role. It was a disservice to UM, his coaches and to the fans. He knew he had nothing left and was even smirky and stubborn throughout his fall. Losier gives us the best chance to win bullshiiit. His 4 plays. Could've handled this fall gracefully like he did with Georgia. Fucck Mork.

Big talk from a little man on a message board who would never have the balls to say this crap to CMR in person I bet. You couldn't hold CMR's jock strap...BELIEVE THAT!!!!

Advertisement
I knew it when Rick hired Diaz this **** would haunt the university forever just like Cristoballs has, Every ******* time a coaching vacancy happens you hear that Manolo and Luigi at the top of the same dopey *ss list. If the above is true it’s interesting that Fernandez immediately started pushing the Diaz hire. Identity politics at its finest people let’s hire for who they are and it’s not about how good of a coach they are.

That whole town is corrupt and I wouldn’t be surprised if Manolo Sr. and his cronies had bags themselves.

You post a lot of stupid shlt, but this one takes the cake.

Take off the tin foil hat and repeatedly bang your head on the wall, until you draw copious amounts of blood, and what little gray matter you have starts to ooze out.

Update: Dan Enos and Jeff Scott are the two names I’ve been told to watch out for here. Obviously, nothing will be announced until after tonight’s game.

Same source.

Advertisement
Back