Details of the weekend Diaz got hired...

Advertisement
What have you seen from Manny that would suggest he's capable of taking us to the promised land?
Literally nothing. Im still not ok with the Manny hire and still trying to come to terms with it lol. But per my 1st post he could be a disaster hire or our own Dabo. Point is there is hope. With Mario I watched enough of his career that makes me think he is a very average coach. Great recruiter but average coach and I want more than average for this program.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Really not getting how everyone thinks because a person is a booster they have inside sources. There are thousands of boosters. Very, very few of them are Trustees, who are the ones who ACTUALLY have insight to the program.

Writing a check for $100K does not give you this kind of access to information.

Another hire for Miami decided by a group of BOT members with no knowledge of running a football program, instead of a competent athletic director.

It’s worked since 2001– what could go wrong?
This. I lmao every time some dope talks as if we have a legit AD. This guy has never made a real decision in this position. The definition of an empty suit.

So we were ready to pony up $10M for Cristobal's buyout, but hired Diaz because he gave Miami an ultimatum?

Not buying it. It'd be the other way around: Miami telling Diaz to hold off signing with Temple until they could meet with Cristobal in the next couple of days.
It was 7. They wanted 10. Wouldn't come down

What have you seen from this school that we are capable of supporting a team to contend for national championships?
Exactly Medley. We are so far from an elite football program on so many fronts it is not funny.

Advertisement
Really not getting how everyone thinks because a person is a booster they have inside sources. There are thousands of boosters. Very, very few of them are Trustees, who are the ones who ACTUALLY have insight to the program.

Writing a check for $100K does not give you this kind of access to information.

Correct.

I’m a booster, you’re a booster, we have boosters that post here.

If you’re a $50 a year hurricane club member, you are a booster.

I think people are getting trustee mixed up with booster, and even not all the trustees care, or is their opinion valued to a high degree, as far as football. Just a small number.

Not coming from me, but saw it on another board from a guy who claims he has a friend in the Canes booster community.

"Richt had a three hour meeting with Blake James on Saturday afternoon, during the course of which he agreed to overhaul the offense. Sunday morning, Richt called James and indicated that he wasn’t comfortable firing his staff, and that he’d prefer to retire instead (this saved the school 20m).
At this point, Rudy Fernandez (chief of staff to the President of UM, also SVP communications), who’s very close to Diaz Jr., started telling the board and James that UM had to retain Diaz.
Simultaneously, David Epstein and Manny Kadre, who are also the BoT for UM (and are also very close with Manny Diaz Sr., former mayor of Miami) started pressuring James to interview Diaz ASAP.
While this was all happening, Jeff Soffer (whose mother is the namesake of the indoor practice facility—among a family of billionaires) was reportedly ready to pony up 10m for the buyout of Mario Cristobal. Adding to this, Cristobal’s wife was interested in the move, however I haven’t seen texts about Mario’s personal interest.
On Sunday night, James interviewed Diaz, who expressed his interest in the UM job, but also mentioned that he couldn’t keep stringing Temple along, as he was in the midst of assembling a staff, on top of recruiting starting next week. Diaz Jr. informed James that he was leaving for Philadelphia within the next few days (Monday/Tuesday) and they would have to make an immediate decision.
The rest is history, as Diaz was offered the job on Sunday evening."

Just thought I'd share - need some other discussion to keep us busy during this OC search.

Is Jeff still willing to pony up 10 mil for a real staff?

Advertisement
Anyone that thinks that Richt didn’t negotiate a buyout has no ******* clue.

Advertisement
This. I lmao every time some dope talks as if we have a legit AD. This guy has never made a real decision in this position. The definition of an empty suit.

That is evident in the current state of U sports ...

... and something tells me that there a few on the BOT that like to keep this inept AD on board so they can control affairs through a weakass like him.

Advertisement
Back